Pocket 2 activation / USB-C problem
12Next >
24538 48 2020-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N1R0
lvl.1

Germany

I just got a Pocket 2 Creator Combo and my smartphone is a Honor 20 Pro. Unfortunately, it was impossible for me to activate the Pocket 2 as described in the instructions with my phone. It also did not work with a another Samsung phone. Fortunately, I finally got it activated, with an iPhone of a friend. Now I can use my phone with the Pocket 2 via WIFI, but not via USB-C. As far as I understand, I cannot update the firmware that way and I am clueless, whether my USB-C adaptor is broken or if that's a software issue that might be fixed in the future. From a customer perspective it is super unclear why the activation can not happen via WIFI, or via the USB-C (charging) Port and a laptop.

One thing is sure, though: This was easily the most frustrating unboxing experience I had for a very long time. I was really excited about this nice camera, as it is super beautiful and it seems to be very well made, but it's a useless high tech brick as long as you don't activate it. And if the activation procedure does not work as described, this is just very disappointing.

How can someone come up with such a bad idea? Call me old fashioned, but I think that a camera should always work out of the box. You should never have to activate it, just to record a basic video. There's also no information on the official Pocket 2 website, which tells you that you need a smartphone to actually be able to use this device and there's also no information on which smartphone you need to get the Pocket 2 running.

Well, I hope I'm not sounding to negative. To make it clear again, this camera is brilliant and I don't regret at all  that I bought it. But the need for activation is such a bad idea and the fact that the activation didn't work made it just so much worse.

2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, N1R0. We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing and feedback about the activation process. To sum it up, the purpose of the activation is to identify the activation date of the unit which will later serve as the warranty information. Currently, this can only be done using a specific DJI application, in your case, the DJI Mimo. This method also applies to our other products as well. For the DJI Pocket 2 and also the DJI Osmo Pocket, it is required to connect a compatible mobile device via the adapter to start the activation.

Since you're having issues connecting your phone to the DJI Pocket 2, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Mimo first. You may also enable USB-Debugging on your phone then test it once more. Should the same problem continues, you can reach our Customer Support and request a replacement for your USB-C Adapter.

2020-12-7
Use props
N1R0
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-7 06:47
Hi, N1R0. We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing and feedback about the activation process. To sum it up, the purpose of the activation is to identify the activation date of the unit which will later serve as the warranty information. Currently, this can only be done using a specific DJI application, in your case, the DJI Mimo. This method also applies to our other products as well. For the DJI Pocket 2 and also the DJI Osmo Pocket, it is required to connect a compatible mobile device via the adapter to start the activation.

Since you're having issues connecting your phone to the DJI Pocket 2, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Mimo first. You may also enable USB-Debugging on your phone then test it once more. Should the same problem continues, you can reach our Customer Support and request a replacement for your USB-C Adapter.

Thanks for the reply! I'll try what you suggest. It would be nice to have the USB-C connection working, as it looks like I can control the camera then without recognizable lag (which is not the case with the WIFI connection) and I'd also like to be able to update the firmware without having to ask friends with iPhones ;)
2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

N1R0 Posted at 12-7 06:56
Thanks for the reply! I'll try what you suggest. It would be nice to have the USB-C connection working, as it looks like I can control the camera then without recognizable lag (which is not the case with the WIFI connection) and I'd also like to be able to update the firmware without having to ask friends with iPhones ;)

You're welcome. If the issue still persists, please send us an email to support@dji.com, we'll follow up and do our best to help this out. After sending the email, you'll receive a request number automatically, please let me know the request number, thanks.
2020-12-7
Use props
N1R0
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-7 20:29
You're welcome. If the issue still persists, please send us an email to , we'll follow up and do our best to help this out. After sending the email, you'll receive a request number automatically, please let me know the request number, thanks.

I've tried everything that you said (re-installing, USB debug mode). It didn't help. Here's my request number: 3220201

Thanks a lot!
2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

N1R0 Posted at 12-7 23:50
I've tried everything that you said (re-installing, USB debug mode). It didn't help. Here's my request number: 3220201

Thanks a lot!

Sorry for the late response, our team has followed up on your email, hope everything goes smoothly.
2020-12-14
Use props
N1R0
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 01:39
Sorry for the late response, our team has followed up on your email, hope everything goes smoothly.

It looks like. Let's see what comes out! Thanks for the help
2020-12-14
Use props
djiuser_TeXnADmlHmbs
New
Estonia

I have a similar problem of the phone not connecting to the pocket 2 device which is now useless. I am disappointed
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_VkXcc4bIZgux
lvl.1
France

I have the same problem with my Xiaomi note 8 pro... A bit desappointed too !

2021-1-3
Use props
fans9a5a6ad4
New

United States

In the same boat, asking the same questions, expecting to return the $350 paper weight.  I have USB-B and can't use it. Does DJI really think leaving customers with only 1 inept way to register a device is a good idea?
2021-1-21
Use props
N1R0
lvl.1

Germany

fans9a5a6ad4 Posted at 1-21 16:31
In the same boat, asking the same questions, expecting to return the $350 paper weight.  I have USB-B and can't use it. Does DJI really think leaving customers with only 1 inept way to register a device is a good idea?

It's top frustrating. But in my case the DJI support was quick and sent me a new USB-C adaptor right away, with which everything worked. In the meantime, I registered the camera with a friend's iPhone.
2021-1-22
Use props
Fed up with DJI
New

United Kingdom

Afraid I'm another annoyed new Pocket 2 owner. I had no idea that such a stupid idea of activation before I can the camera existed. My Samsung Galaxy A6 tablet won't see the device and will only say charging and won't allow any other connection option via the USB. The tablet  connects to my laptop fine so it's the stupid DJI camera. Not a good introduction to the DJI experience.
2021-1-23
Use props
djiuser_DS4noRM1peMC
New

Philippines

I am having the same problem. I tried activating it with samsung, sony and iphone and it is the most frustrating thing. I will not recommend it to others at all, if this is what is a possible scenario then better just buy a less stressful camera.
2021-1-24
Use props
Disappoint
New

Portugal

This is my first DJI product and it's a shame that you have this activation method! Why in the World?

The worst idea i have seen from a company. Going to return it. NO more DJI products EVER!
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_31WNEBkmVCXW
lvl.1

Denmark

I am having the same issue. Tried with the two phones with USB C that we have in the house.

Frustrating...
2021-1-28
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I compeltely agree to the frustrating feelings caused by this issue. And I think these issues are not stated clearly enough in the Pocket 2's store page. Currently, I am trying to gather a list of phones that are and are not compatible with the Pocket 2. If you have tested some certain phone models, feel free to report here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190
2021-2-6
Use props
Srini_USA
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here. Very frustrating. every message directs to ONLINE SERVICE / ONLINE CUSTOMER SUPPORT  every where it give nothing new, the same 4lines instructions. My micro usb connector fits nice and fine into my android phone. But even my Bluetooth doesn't recognize the DJI . App downloaded logedin still returns message saying it couldnt find my DJI. What makes me wonder is, when you connect wtih microUSB connector, what is the need to even use Bluetooth. when it is hard connected? Phones work only during weekdays! Awesome. I keep waiting for weekend for my hobby activities and now, to solve this (probably if solved over phone) I need to wait till Monday. and for my activity, I need to wait till another week! At least from one person, mentioned that, he contacted his friend with Iphone! at least even that suggestion this DJI is didnt mention any where! DJI Creator Combo $500 is not a fun amount spending and wait for silly reason. By the way why it has only 5 trial limit! It is my damn instrument and you limit how many times I try connecting ! Now trying so many times I used up 4 times and now I reached a HARD STOP! Can you listen to me DJI DEVELOPERS??????????????
2021-2-6
Use props
Srini_USA
lvl.1

United States

You sent me email asking me to upload the error message picture. I uploaded, all pictures, step by step and also uploaded a video. I didnt get any reply from you. Now this $500 hitech piece of junk is laying on my table occupying some space. Meanwhile I got Gopro 9 . I loved this DJI and excited when I received this and no greatly disappointed. Dont know when will you fix my piece. I would see for 2more days and will return.
2021-2-8
Use props
Srini_USA
lvl.1

United States

Ok, after several email conversations and phone calls, for which they dont have any NOVEL solution got from the.
I am posting below the email conversation went between myself and the SO CALLED TECH TEAM.  I retunred the HI Tech Piece of plastic.
2021-2-9
Use props
Srini_USA
lvl.1

United States

Hi Peter,
1. The version in the United States that I got through Play Store 'DJI Mimo' from DJI TECHNOLOGY says Last updated on Aug19,2020
2. Mobile device network is normal with full strength, if that is what you mean,
3. I tried more than 4 times switching off and on the DJI as well as my mobile. That is how I exhausted all 5 chances the device provided to activate.
    Now the camera doesn't even let me activate as all 5 attempts are used up. Now tha
4. I uninstalled the app and installed again.
5. Now, as 5 chances I used up the camera doesnt go any further after the initial "device not activate, connect to dji Mimo '' screen.
Now what should I do? is there any way to reset the camera to factory settings?
Please advise ASAP.
Now it is 9th Feb 3.46pm. I need to get "your fix" by tomorrow at 3.40pm. As I want to return after 3.40pm
Thanks,
Sri Chetlapalli

-----------------------------------------------------
Hi Srinivas,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are having . This is certainly not the experience we want for you. We understand the significance of this device to the main event you are having right now.
please refer the ways below and try .

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Please make sure that the app version is the latest version (for iOS devices, enter the App Store update list to check whether it needs to be updated, and for Android devices, enters the app store to check whether it needs to be updated).

2. Confirm that the mobile device network is normal during the firmware update. Try to replace the network or mobile device and try again.

3. Restart the DJI Pocket 2 and DJI Mimo app and try again.

Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a great day and stay safe always!
Best regards,

Peter

DJI Technical Support

YouTube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials
2021-2-9
Use props
Srini_USA
lvl.1

United States

Trust me I am not a novice for these devices. Any ways I am convinced that there are few phones for which this device is compatible with. So thanks. I was initially so attracted to its sleek signature but totally frustrated NOW. Returned and purchased GoPro9. the best ONE. no need to activate the Gopro. The worst part  DJI controls how many times you can try activate the phone. ONly 5times. If I want to try with another phone, there is no factory reset - as per DJI TECH TEAM! So the screen is locked. nothing you can do than return!  HOPE the product development team is reading these messages.
2021-2-9
Use props
Srini_USA
lvl.1

United States

The following is 3rd or 4th tech reply I got! From tech guy called SAM!  Dear Sam! Are you STUPID or you think I am ?  Giving the same reply and same instructions over and over again, wouldnt solve the issue.
Do you or your manager think that fixing quickly is just replying the same stuff again again like a Robot?
This is such a beautiful camera with some unique excellent features that your product designers, concept developers and the Brains behind put together! And a silly issue us making users getting frustrated!
ARE YOU NOTICING AT ALL?

------       
Sam (Support)

Feb 10, 2021, 14:44 GMT+8

Dear Srinivas,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
Please activate your DJI Pocket 2 as follows:
1. Download and install the DJI Mimo app to your mobile phone.
2. Remove the cover on the universal port. Then connect the mobile phone to the DJI Pocket 2 with a smartphone adapter. Press and hold the function button or power button to power on the gimbal.
3. The DJI Mimo app will automatically prompt that the device needs to be activated.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the DJI Pocket 2.
You can watch the tutorial video to learn how to activate the product at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCPtiK6B3Eg

Thank you for choosing DJI Technical Support and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Sam

DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials
2021-2-10
Use props
manmikey
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I had the same problem, My Huawei P30 Pro would not see the Pocket 2 when connected on the USB C connector. I flipped the phone over and would get an intermittent connection but not enough to Complete the registration. I then tried an old Pixel XL and it worked perfectly and completed the registration.

I'm wondering if some of these problems are the USB C ports on the mobiles, perhaps the voltages are slightly off or the port is physically not quite right, or dust/fluff in the port contact's? Maybe the Pocket 2 is just too fussy, its Just a thought as in my case the Pocket 2 was apparently okay with my Pixel but not my Huawei.

Tech support were useless and gave no support over the phone, they just wanted me to email a picture and then send the whole unit back for replacement!
2021-2-18
Use props
Finn67
lvl.1
Denmark

I have also run into this problem.
First I had to realize that I can not connect the phone to my pocket 2...that is ..well...acceptable...NOT good....but acceptable.
(Even though it is reasonable to expect that a product at this price is delivered with more options for connections....2 is a little cheatp).

Then I realize that I am getting this activation warning and the support team tells me that after 3 times the pocket 2 will lock...
Jesus....locking a device I paid this amount of money for? This can only be allowed in China..

I am now SO sorry about this purchase and just turned sorry for the drones I got too through DJI.
2021-2-26
Use props
bangskij
New

Sweden

Bought the Pocket 2 today, connected it to the phone, nothing happens. It only says connect blah blah, I used up the five tries fiddling with the settings, tried two resets, tried manually forcing mtp mode on the phone, nothing worked, now I have a useless brick.
2021-2-26
Use props
djiuser_YsrtZehqkMRH
lvl.1

United States

I found this page looking online to see if dji still requires phone activation despite how angry it makes many of their customers. I really want to buy the pocket 2 creator combo... like really bad. But after my mavic mini experience, I will not purchase anymore dji products until they remove this process. Long story short, I ended up needing to buy a new phone just to make the activation work.  Dji says its to keep track of the activation date for warranty purposes, but we all know this is a ridiculous explanation. There are so many ways to validate a purchase date without having to download and sync with an app. Please listen to your customers dji!
2021-2-26
Use props
djiuser_Sldaxnn1F2EB
New

United Kingdom

After finding the solution on here for SIM card not staying in. I now can register the usb is connected to iPad Pro and is connected to WIFI and it’s saying disconnect the Sufi and use the USB. Literally 4 hours of my life I’m not getting back. All help gratefully received
2021-3-3
Use props
Emma Dickmark
New

Sweden

Hey. I bought my pocket 2 yesterday and I have connection problems with usb-c as well. I can connect it, but it says i have no room in my SD card for firmware. I can open up the camera and see my videos, but as soon as I click it, the app goes back, opens the screen on the pocket, closes it again an suddely it cant connect to the SD card.
2021-5-22
Use props
monkeymill
lvl.1

United States

Easily the most disappointing thing I have bought in years.  The Osmo Pockt 2 will not connect to my Android Galaxy s20 ultra no matter what I try.  the camera is essentially useless.

Please spare yourself the frustration and do NOT buy this product.
2021-6-1
Use props
djiuser_1LDSlYa89zgN
New

United States

Fed up with DJI Posted at 1-23 14:50
Afraid I'm another annoyed new Pocket 2 owner. I had no idea that such a stupid idea of activation before I can the camera existed. My Samsung Galaxy A6 tablet won't see the device and will only say charging and won't allow any other connection option via the USB. The tablet  connects to my laptop fine so it's the stupid DJI camera. Not a good introduction to the DJI experience.

I am having the same issue.   I was able to make like 5 videos before it said I needed to activate camera with my phone.  Now  the camera is locked up and won’t let me activate.   My phone is telling it is connected to the camera but I can not accept the verification code on the camera because it is locked up.  Very disappointed as well.  
2021-7-11
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

An update to my previous message: now there is also a separate thread for compatible and non-compatible tablets. You can see it at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518.

The lists have managed to somewhat grow after they first were created. If possible, try to activate using these. (And if you happen to test a new model, feel free to report your test results in the threads :-) )
2021-7-11
Use props
dan.diverdan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1280 ft
United States

Downloaded and installed DJI Mimo to Motorola Moto 7 Android phone with USB C connector.  Followed steps in manual.
  Failed at this point in the directions below:
3. The DJI Mimo app will automatically prompt that the device needs to be activated.
  NO on-screen instructions appeared, nor did I see any way to access them.

Please activate your DJI Pocket 2 as follows:
1. Download and install the DJI Mimo app to your mobile phone.
2. Remove the cover on the universal port. Then connect the mobile phone to the DJI Pocket 2 with a smartphone adapter. Press and hold the function button or power button to power on the gimbal.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the DJI Pocket 2.
You can watch the tutorial video to learn how to activate the product at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCPtiK6B3Eg

Questions:
  1] My neighbor uses an iPhone.  If I can activate the device with his phone, will I be able to use it with my Android phone as above afterward, or it fail to connect to the phone. even though it didn't open the Activate part?
  2] The screen show Chinese characters, but I read and speeak only English.  How do I change that if the instructions are in Chinese?
  3] After activation, will I be able to connect to my Moto7, and update thru my Moto7?
2021-7-17
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

dan.diverdan Posted at 7-17 21:58
Downloaded and installed DJI Mimo to Motorola Moto 7 Android phone with USB C connector.  Followed steps in manual.
  Failed at this point in the directions below:

1) The Pocket 2 can be activated on one phone and otherwise be used on another, assuming the other phone is compatible with the Pocket 2. You don't need to activate it separately for every phone or tablet you use it with.
2) Unfortunately don't know the answer for this one, didn't experience this myself when I installed Mimo app.
3) Unfortunately it is likely that you won't be able to use the Moto 7 with the Pocket 2 after activation if you originally couldn't use it to activate the camera. There have been some instances on my compatibility thread that have mentioned that they have been able to use the Pocket 2 wirelessly with the phone after activation (provided you have the Do-It-All Handle), but these have been rare.

If you don't have a compatible phone or tablet yourself, it still might be a good idea to borrow your neighbour's device for activating. At least, after that you can use it at least as a stand-alone camera.

You might also want to check out my phone compatibility thread for possible troubleshooting tips. Sometimes they can solve connection problems.

If you happen to find out more about the Moto 7 compatibility with the Pocket 2, I would appreciate if you could inform us about your results at the thread.

Good luck, I hope you will find a way or another to solve your problem!
2021-7-18
Use props
Dan Peter
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DO NOT BUY - Complete waste of Money un;less you have an iphone I suspect. Android is a complete joke. (a very expensive sick joke)
So I bought the Pocket 2 - cost me £300 plus.
Only comes with USB C connectors so had to use wifes phone to activate hoping to god that it wouldnt block me from using the software on another phone.
Eventually worked out this was fine.
Activated.
Then it just wouldn't connect to the phone software at all.
I plugged it in using the same connector to the phone. Nothing.
Assumed it must need the DIY handle (which comes supposedly with wIFI and bluetooth connectivity)
Took the whole thing back.
Bought the Creator Combo at £469
Spent hours charging it up.
Guess what?
Tried everything but the damn thing wont connect. Went round the houses for HOURS on end.
The fact of the matter is this is a beautiful piece of kit but if it doesnt connect to the damn phone its an extremely expensive brick as you cant see what videos you are taking or take advantage of the phone app.

WIFI setting doesn't work.
Bluetooth setting doesn't connect.

Customer support aren't available and take 48 hours to come back to you.

There's a hundred different ideas for how to fix it but you know what? For £469 I just expect a hell of a lot better.

I want to throw it at the wall after 3 days of faffing to get it working.
For anyone reading this, I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. If you have similar, buy at your own peril.

2021-10-11
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Dan Peter Posted at 10-11 11:14
DO NOT BUY - Complete waste of Money un;less you have an iphone I suspect. Android is a complete joke. (a very expensive sick joke)
So I bought the Pocket 2 - cost me £300 plus.
Only comes with USB C connectors so had to use wifes phone to activate hoping to god that it wouldnt block me from using the software on another phone.

I totally understand your disappointment. The cost ain't exactly small, and noticing you are not getting all the properties you paid for is certainly frustrating. I was peeved by the very same thing with my original phone (though that was a different model).

I have been gathering information about phones that work or don't work with the Pocket 2 (see the thread link above), and according to the information I have got for the list says that some people have managed to get the Galaxy S7 working with their Pocket 2. My first post for the thread also contains a list of troubleshooting tips that could in some cases help in finding out possible problems that prevent making a successful connection. While I do agree that at this price point it should be way less of a hassle, those tips could at least be tested to see if some of those could fix the connection problems, and possibly make remote controlling and other phone-related options work.

I certainly don't mean to belittle your valid points, I just am suggesting checking the tips so you could possibly eliminate the connection problems and leave those problems behing and start capturing video and photos instead.

Good luck, hopefully your problems get solved!
2021-10-11
Use props
Dan Peter
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 10-11 11:34
I totally understand your disappointment. The cost ain't exactly small, and noticing you are not getting all the properties you paid for is certainly frustrating. I was peeved by the very same thing with my original phone (though that was a different model).

I have been gathering information about phones that work or don't work with the Pocket 2 (see the thread link above), and according to the information I have got for the list says that some people have managed to get the Galaxy S7 working with their Pocket 2. My first post for the thread also contains a list of troubleshooting tips that could in some cases help in finding out possible problems that prevent making a successful connection. While I do agree that at this price point it should be way less of a hassle, those tips could at least be tested to see if some of those could fix the connection problems, and possibly make remote controlling and other phone-related options work.

Thanks my friend. Yes I read your post - it gave me a ray of hope after 3 days of searching for a solution so thankyou for that. I tried all the points sequentially.

No matter what I do, Samsung Galaxy S7 wont actually find the WIFI - it doesnt appear in the list.
Downloading the software from DJI did give different results - it asked me to connect to the WIFI rather than using bluetooth. It didnt offer me the bluetooth option at all!!!!! However, the phone couldnt find the wifi connection in the list.
I also tried many other solutions on the internet and watched countless youtube videos. I spent 3 days researching a solution, doggedly trying to get the full functionality to work.

I then tried it on several android phones which also didnt work before finally using my wifes Iphone last night (not a long term solution) and it works straight away!

Conclusion: This camera was built for IOS and they rushed the development of Android app which doesnt work properly.

Literally the most dissapointing unboxing I have ever had and I'm not even going to entertain buying a new phone just so I can use the DJI.

The key points here are:

1.) Customer service absolutely sucks. I expect to be able to get hold of them and a resolution when spending that much money
2.) It really should be a delightful experience but now I am absolutely appalled at how difficult they have made it to get the thing working. This has led to "buyers remorse"
3.) During my research I have now got absolutely no confidence in the product, having seen the myriad of problems that people are experiencing with DJI Pocket 2, not just in the activation and getting it to do what it is supposed to do but also battery life (android and IOS) and other unexpected issues which crop up enough for people to complain, make videos about and go to forums about.

Bottom line is, this is a product that works with Iphone, Android is very patchy.
When I change phones, will I still be able to access the functionality? Who knows.
On that basis, I'm getting a full refund and probably buying a Hero 10 or a product from a brand with good customer service. Any recommendations for cameras which just work?
2021-10-12
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Dan Peter Posted at 10-12 03:20
Thanks my friend. Yes I read your post - it gave me a ray of hope after 3 days of searching for a solution so thankyou for that. I tried all the points sequentially.

No matter what I do, Samsung Galaxy S7 wont actually find the WIFI - it doesnt appear in the list.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Hopefully you will find a satisfactory solution, whether it will be with this camera or another.

If you still decide to give the Pocket 2 a chance, I still have one more suggestion/question to ask:
When you have attempted to connect the phone to Pocket 2 wirelessly, have you enabled both bluetooth and wifi on your phone? AFAIK the DJI Mimo app needs both to find and connect to the Pocket 2's network (bluetooth to find the devices, wifi to do rest of the communication), If you haven't done this already, try with both on and see if that makes a difference.

As for other cameras, I haven't got much experience about the topic, but I do know that there are many other similar mini gimbal cameras with some differences to Pocket 2. Most of these work right out of the box AFAIK. There may be differences in their properties - some for better, some for worse. Which of those suits your needs best depends on your use scenarios.

As for GoPros, I have zero user experience on them and can't say anything about them really, but those seem to be hugely popular.
2021-10-12
Use props
Dan Peter
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 10-12 23:25
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Hopefully you will find a satisfactory solution, whether it will be with this camera or another.

If you still decide to give the Pocket 2 a chance, I still have one more suggestion/question to ask:

Thanks for your messages and support. Yes I tried that and nada. Its just too much hard work for the money and I am very worried about what level of support I will get when something goes wrong with the camera - so I took it back to the shop yesterday and luckily managed to get a full refund. I will look into some of the other mini gimbal providers as that's the kind of thing I am after. All the best.
2021-10-13
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Dan Peter Posted at 10-13 01:12
Thanks for your messages and support. Yes I tried that and nada. Its just too much hard work for the money and I am very worried about what level of support I will get when something goes wrong with the camera - so I took it back to the shop yesterday and luckily managed to get a full refund. I will look into some of the other mini gimbal providers as that's the kind of thing I am after. All the best.

Glad to hear you got your refund. Hopefully your experience with your next camera will be better. All the best for you too. :-)
2021-10-13
Use props
p8balls
New

United States

Well, I've had mine for 30 mins and I've been locked out already while trying to get this connected!!!! I only use wireless charging on my phone because my USB-C port does not work. I don't understand why this needs to be hard connected when it can communicate wirelessly?!

I was looking forward to this device but looks like it will be going back on the UPS truck for the ride back to return central. The most positive thing about this is I will be getting paid $500 to get rid of it.

The returns on this thing must be through the roof! So sad when most companies are eliminating the friction to create a better customer experience!! Sounds like a simple fix with a software update to me.
2021-11-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules