DJI OM4 and Mimo - Need Livestream for TEACHERS
5292 11 2020-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_euzu2efOMZ52
lvl.1
United States

I am a high school teacher and have been forced to return to virtual teaching.  I purchased the OM4 so students could 'feel' like they we're in the classroom.  I would be able to walk around the classroom, utilizing whitebaoards, smartboard, other materials and the OM4 would track me.  We teach virtually over the Google Meet platform so the ability to livestream to the meet is incredibly important.  I can not find how to make this happen.  Could someone at DJI please help?  If there is no way to make this happen, I will need to return the device and resort to a static version of teaching remotely.  PLEASE HELP!!!  Students are struggling learning remotely and I feel your tracking gimbal can be a game-changer in virtual education...if we could make streaming to Google Meet, or Zoom, or other platforms at reality.  AGAIN, PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you very much.

2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. The DJI OM4 currently does not support live streaming. But as a stabilization gimbal, DJI OM4 can still provide basic gimbal stabilization for the device when it is not connected to the DJI Mimo application. You can turn on your live broadcast software after setting up your mobile phone and use the stabilization function of the gimbal. In addition, I will cascade these information to the designated DJI Department for further attention. Thank you.
2020-12-7
Use props
djiuser_euzu2efOMZ52
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-7 20:10
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. The DJI OM4 currently does not support live streaming. But as a stabilization gimbal, DJI OM4 can still provide basic gimbal stabilization for the device when it is not connected to the DJI Mimo application. You can turn on your live broadcast software after setting up your mobile phone and use the stabilization function of the gimbal. In addition, I will cascade these information to the designated DJI Department for further attention. Thank you.

I am sorry to say but I am frustrated that this is the patented response from DJI.  I have read a number of threads and I keep seeing this.  I would hope that DJI would look into this matter and respond with a more 'personalized' message.  I understand that your company receives many suggestions/complaints/comments but I would hope that after seeing many of them on the same topic that DJI would try to make an adjustment and let their customers know they are trying to rectify the situation.  I REALLY hope the livestreaming capability is provided soon.  As I said in my original post, I teach high school and during this pandemic, virtual learning is becoming the norm.  I can see DJI offering teachers an incredible opportunity to provide our students an education that mirrors being in the classroom as much as possible.  I look forward to a reply from DJI that honestly takes my situation into consideration and provides me piece of mind that DJI is looking into livestreaming  for educational purposes.
Thank you very much and I look forward to your response.
2020-12-8
Use props
Jojax
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_euzu2efOMZ52 Posted at 12-8 03:28
I am sorry to say but I am frustrated that this is the patented response from DJI.  I have read a number of threads and I keep seeing this.  I would hope that DJI would look into this matter and respond with a more 'personalized' message.  I understand that your company receives many suggestions/complaints/comments but I would hope that after seeing many of them on the same topic that DJI would try to make an adjustment and let their customers know they are trying to rectify the situation.  I REALLY hope the livestreaming capability is provided soon.  As I said in my original post, I teach high school and during this pandemic, virtual learning is becoming the norm.  I can see DJI offering teachers an incredible opportunity to provide our students an education that mirrors being in the classroom as much as possible.  I look forward to a reply from DJI that honestly takes my situation into consideration and provides me piece of mind that DJI is looking into livestreaming  for educational purposes.
Thank you very much and I look forward to your response.

I'm with you. Had to comment on a bunch of other forums just to get enough points to post my own, and received the same response everyone else gets. Doesn't give me much hope, but I hope that DJI really does listen to their customers...
2020-12-8
Use props
djiuser_euzu2efOMZ52
lvl.1
United States

Our school is currently on winter break so I was hoping there was some progress in DJI R&D team working on updating the dji app to offer livestreaming.  Again, I teach high school and have been teaching virtually.  A livestreaming opportunity would be an incredible asset to us teachers and our students.  I am asking that you please take this request seriously.  Livestreaming would open you devices to a whole new audience...educators.  I look forward to  reply so I can begin making plans for resuming my classes after our winter break.  Thank you.
2020-12-27
Use props
DjDaxx69
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-7 20:10
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. The DJI OM4 currently does not support live streaming. But as a stabilization gimbal, DJI OM4 can still provide basic gimbal stabilization for the device when it is not connected to the DJI Mimo application. You can turn on your live broadcast software after setting up your mobile phone and use the stabilization function of the gimbal. In addition, I will cascade these information to the designated DJI Department for further attention. Thank you.

Why doesn’t  DJI just tell customers to take a flying leap on Live stream questions?  I mean, that is basically the same response you dance around every time this question is asked.

Here you go DJI, I will help you out...(sarcasm)

DJI Customers,

On behalf of the DJI, allow me to respond to the warranted requests regarding Live Stream features on our products and software. The short answer is...”What you have, is what you get”.  Do not ask for anything more, as we do not care.  We have heard from thousands of you with detailed descriptions of what you need in our product, but it is not going to happen. Not because it cannot be done, but, again, we don’t care.

Every time you make a request, we say we will escalate to the necessary department, but we all know that is BS.  Either work with what we give you, or buy something else. We own the market and will continue to own the market, so customer satisfaction is no longer in our business model.

Sincerely,
Not DJI (sarcasm)
2020-12-28
Use props
djiuser_qkY70fJHhbUH
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,
I still want DJI to fix this on their end, but there is one way to livestream on Zoom if you have an iphone and a Mac. Step 1: Start your Mimo App in the camera mode. Step 2: Start your Zoom meeting. Step 3: In Zoom, click on Share Screen and click on Iphone/Ipad via Airplay. Step 4: Swipe down from the upper right on your Iphone and click Screen Mirroring, then choose the Zoom option. Step 5: Hopefully success. If Airplay didnt connect, you might need to eithe restart your Mac or Iphone.

This has worked for me. It's not ideal because it shows all of the various menu options and the green box around your face. But it does work.

Hope this helps until DJI gets its act together and does what customers were expecting when they bought its product!
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_qkY70fJHhbUH
lvl.1
United States

btw, you can then put this on Facebook Live or Youtube by doing a share screen of the window that is showing up on your Mac (I just tried this on Facebook live and it worked).
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_L4AXhb3RLWln
New

United States

I’m really not understanding why DJI hasn’t corrected this issue yet. I have the Osmo Mobile 2 and this feature works perfectly fine on it (albeit with the apps specified for live) but why in the heck would you not allow for live streaming on the updated “improved” device. I swear it’s like this company takes one step forward on 1 product and when the updated model is released, you go 1000 steps backwards. Their products are just becoming garbage at this point because their customer service is complete crap and they DONT listen to what the consumers want or NEED in a product.
2021-6-28
Use props
djiuser_5D5laCBrfVgy
New

Italy

Ciao, ho bisogno anche io di questa funzionalità per motivi di lavoro. Ho comprato OM4 convinto che MIMO avesse per lui la funzione streaming di default, ma non è così. Una vera delusione, ho speso negli anni circa 15.000 euro in prodotti DJI e non sono mai stato così deluso.
2021-7-9
Use props
jason4321
New

India

Hopefully live stream classroom has been happening in recent years as you know most of the classes happen online also check out which are the top live stream classroom.
2021-10-23
Use props
jason4321
New

India

Hopefully live stream classroom has been happening in recent years as you know most of the classes happen online also check out which are the top live stream classroom.
2021-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules