mini 2 and phone compatibility
30782 25 2020-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikenelson58
lvl.1

United States

I have purchased the mini 2 and cant seem to get my samsung j7 phone to work with the app????  Please help!!
2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mikenelson58. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung  J7 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung  J7 will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2020-12-7
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

The fact that DJI constantly writes about the list of compatible ones is complete nonsense, of course there are much more compatible ones!

The topic of compatibility of smartphones and tablets has already been discussed more than once, use the search!

If you don't have the DJI Fly app installed on your smartphone from the app store, it means that it is not compatible with your smartphone and you will have to buy a new smartphone!
DJI made it clear a year ago that it would NOT make its app compatible with 32-bit Operating systems!
2020-12-8
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

Until the SDK is released for this drone and other manufacturers do not make their own software for controlling the drone, the only way out is to buy a new smartphone!
2020-12-8
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

You need a phone that has 64 bit OS and Hardware, which information is difficult to find in the phone descriptions. Generally the more economical phones are 32 bit OS.
2020-12-8
Use props
mikenelson58
lvl.1

United States

Alevpi: yo, screw you asshole, I'm new here. Save the prick attitude. small dick.  I'm looking for data...
2020-12-9
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

Learn how to use search!

Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) Black (SM-J730FM)
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) - Android 32-bit

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly

Install DJI GO on an Apple Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)
2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

Alevpi Posted at 12-13 20:55
Learn how to use search!

Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) Black (SM-J730FM)

Good solution is a lenovo m8 tablet. It's 70 bucks at Walmart and it works very well.and ur question is appreciated as it stays relevant as it is. Good luck. But yeah it's gotta be 64 bit. No exceptions. My galexy didn't work either .
2020-12-13
Use props
DakiRS
lvl.1

Serbia

Greeting,
I have a Huawei Honor 8 Lite phone and everything worked normally for me on Mavic Air.
I want to buy a DJI Mini 2, will it work on this phone?
I tried to install DJI Fly app and I do it without any problems, the only question is whether it will work.
Thanks
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_N8mviQfqZKh0
lvl.1

Romania

DakiRS Posted at 6-11 14:00
Greeting,
I have a Huawei Honor 8 Lite phone and everything worked normally for me on Mavic Air.
I want to buy a DJI Mini 2, will it work on this phone?

Requires Android 6.0 or above.

Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21,Samsung Galaxy S20,Samsung Galaxy S10+,Samsung Galaxy S10,Samsung Galaxy S9+,Samsung Galaxy S9 ,Samsung Galaxy S8+,Samsung Galaxy S8,Samsung Galaxy S7 edge,Samsung Galaxy S7,Samsung Galaxy Note20,Samsung Galaxy Note10+ ,Samsung Galaxy Note9,Samsung Galaxy Note8,HUAWEI Mate40 Pro,HUAWEI Mate30 Pro,HUAWEI P40 Pro,HUAWEI P30 Pro,HUAWEI P30,HUAWEI P20,HUAWEI P10,HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro,HUAWEI Mate 10,HUAWEI nova 5,HUAWEI nova 4,HUAWEI nova 3e,Honor 8X,Honor V10,Honor 9,Honor 20 Pro,Honor Magic 2,Mi 11 Pro,Mi 11,Mi 10,Mi 8,Mi MIX 2S,Mi MIX 2,Redmi Note 8,Redmi Note 5,OPPO Find X,OPPO R15,vivo NEX,vivo X27,vivo X21,vivo X20A,OnePlus 9 Pro,OnePlus 9,OnePlus 7,OnePlus 6T,Pixel 4,Pixel 3 XL,Pixel 2 XL,Pixel 2,Pixel,LG V20,LG G6,Sony Xperia 1
2021-7-10
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I fly with a Motorola G8, which cost me 170€ a year ago... so pretty much anything will work.

If you can watch a video on Youtube you'll be able to fly, for the most part the smartphone is just reproducing the video feed, the drone is what is doing all the hard work.
2021-7-10
Use props
djiuser_i4t34rFG36lQ
New

Australia

Mini 2 will not work with Samsung A21s
Is it possible to use another phone that is compatible without data connection?
2021-9-17
Use props
djiuser_nhOVNeA3Nwue
New

Philippines

It is just sad that with all the arrogance presented here, we can still be proud of the list of old smartphones given by DJI. If DJI can't update this list quickly enough, they should simply make public, clear, concise, and specific what their requirements are for a smartphone. There is simply a lot of new smartphone brands that are not on the list that begs the question why. They should empower the community and we shouldn't be content with what robots spoon feed us. After all, robot search engines only rely on the community on what they tell other people. Yes, 64 bit is a requirement but what else? Can I use my Lenovo o Motorola? Can I stream it directly on a laptop? I won't be satisfied with an answer like, "because it's not on the list." I would feel dumb that way.
2021-9-19
Use props
djiuser_nhOVNeA3Nwue
New

Philippines

djiuser_nhOVNeA3Nwue Posted at 9-19 23:28
It is just sad that with all the arrogance presented here, we can still be proud of the list of old smartphones given by DJI. If DJI can't update this list quickly enough, they should simply make public, clear, concise, and specific what their requirements are for a smartphone. There is simply a lot of new smartphone brands that are not on the list that begs the question why. They should empower the community and we shouldn't be content with what robots spoon feed us. After all, robot search engines only rely on the community on what they tell other people. Yes, 64 bit is a requirement but what else? Can I use my Lenovo o Motorola? Can I stream it directly on a laptop? I won't be satisfied with an answer like, "because it's not on the list." I would feel dumb that way.

I should also add that it would be a great help that of they do test smartphones for compatibility, then they should also tell us the smartphones that failed and how they failed. That way we can also avoid the ones they know failed. What i am telling is about empowering the community by a simple disclosure of information of which i have stated at least two ways here.
2021-9-19
Use props
thesunray
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_N8mviQfqZKh0 Posted at 7-10 13:25
Requires Android 6.0 or above.

Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21,Samsung Galaxy S20,Samsung Galaxy S10+,Samsung Galaxy S10,Samsung Galaxy S9+,Samsung Galaxy S9 ,Samsung Galaxy S8+,Samsung Galaxy S8,Samsung Galaxy S7 edge,Samsung Galaxy S7,Samsung Galaxy Note20,Samsung Galaxy Note10+ ,Samsung Galaxy Note9,Samsung Galaxy Note8,HUAWEI Mate40 Pro,HUAWEI Mate30 Pro,HUAWEI P40 Pro,HUAWEI P30 Pro,HUAWEI P30,HUAWEI P20,HUAWEI P10,HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro,HUAWEI Mate 10,HUAWEI nova 5,HUAWEI nova 4,HUAWEI nova 3e,Honor 8X,Honor V10,Honor 9,Honor 20 Pro,Honor Magic 2,Mi 11 Pro,Mi 11,Mi 10,Mi 8,Mi MIX 2S,Mi MIX 2,Redmi Note 8,Redmi Note 5,OPPO Find X,OPPO R15,vivo NEX,vivo X27,vivo X21,vivo X20A,OnePlus 9 Pro,OnePlus 9,OnePlus 7,OnePlus 6T,Pixel 4,Pixel 3 XL,Pixel 2 XL,Pixel 2,Pixel,LG V20,LG G6,Sony Xperia 1

I've found this info but have a Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android 7.  I've got a Mavic Air running fine on the DJI app, am I going to be okay if I get a DJI Mini 2?  The "recommended" list here only goes down to the Galaxy S7...but I do have both the app and Android version that seem okay.  (Mainly wondering if the S7 and above have something different/better in their communication, something technical that will mean I get the DJI Mini 2 only to realize I have to upgrade my phone to use it.)  Thank you.  Replying here rather than take up people's time with a new post when it seems the same issue.  Newbie, too, so please treat me gently.  If this is better posted fresh I'm happy to.  Thank you in advance.
2021-12-4
Use props
KrowNB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 267703 ft
Canada

The problem is that the list DJI gives isn't correct.  There are lots of phones and tablets not on the list that people have working with DJI Fly with no issues and there are some DJI has indicated as being compatible that some people have problems with.  
2021-12-4
Use props
slappomatt
New

United States

I'm willing to bet the want you to use older phones and Chinese made phones so they can have a back door.
2021-12-4
Use props
djiuser_5tSUhdWtGybq
New

Philippines

ITS NOT WORKING WITH MY IPHONE 11. Can u send me list of  Apple Phone compatabilty?
2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_5tSUhdWtGybq
New

Philippines

ITS NOT WORKING WITH MY IPHONE 11. Can u send me list of  Apple Phone compatabilty?
2022-9-6
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Your iPhone is compatible. If not working, it's because of another reason. Please check the cable and carefully clean the Lightning connection socket of the phone with a toothpick. You should find some dust the prevents a proper connection.
2022-9-6
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Alevpi Posted at 2020-12-8 00:22
The fact that DJI constantly writes about the list of compatible ones is complete nonsense, of course there are much more compatible ones!

The topic of compatibility of smartphones and tablets has already been discussed more than once, use the search!

Relax Chief. You need to lay off the energy drinks.
An exclamation mark after every sentence is a little obsessive.
2022-9-6
Use props
bogiemaker
New

United States

I have purchased the mini 2 and can't seem to get my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4  to work with the app????  Please help!!
2022-10-19
Use props
fansfd631338
New

Ireland

I've just purchased a Samsung A13 after smashing my Samsung A12. Unfortunately the Dji Fly app is not compatible with this new phone whereas it was with my previous. So basically am I screwed from flying my Mini 2 again?
2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansfd631338 Posted at 3-7 12:18
I've just purchased a Samsung A13 after smashing my Samsung A12. Unfortunately the Dji Fly app is not compatible with this new phone whereas it was with my previous. So basically am I screwed from flying my Mini 2 again?

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. For a better user experience, most apps have been updated to 64-bit. As your mobile phone does not support 64-bit apps, DJI Fly can’t be installed. We recommend that you try another mobile device. Meanwhile, we’ll log and report your issue, and evaluate whether your mobile phone will be compatible with subsequent product development. Thanks for your understanding. Have a nice day.

2023-3-7
Use props
djiuser_F8MiwwLIkn3A
New

United States

djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ Posted at 2020-12-13 21:42
Good solution is a lenovo m8 tablet. It's 70 bucks at Walmart and it works very well.and ur question is appreciated as it stays relevant as it is. Good luck. But yeah it's gotta be 64 bit. No exceptions. My galexy didn't work either .

Thank you VERY much for your suggestion! I opted to spend the 70 bucks on a tablet rather that 250 bucks on a new smart phone. Plus now I get a much larger screen. I never realized this was an option until I read your post. Still learning. I was able to get the app downloaded and open on the tablet. Now I need it to stop raining so that I can head outside to set up the drone and confirm functionability.
Thanks again!!!
2023-3-10
Use props
Beco2326
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47441 ft
United States

Actually... Litchi makes and app will work flawlessly if not better then dji fly that will work with you phone a most others .. mine is 32 bit so believe me, has nothing to do with it.. dji just dropped the ball...
2023-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules