17153 17 2020-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Siggii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185991 ft
Norway

Hey!

Got the new Macbook Air with Apples M1 chip, and I'm now unable to connect and transfer files from my Osmo Action by USB-C. It works on my older intel-based macbook (using the same cable, so its not an cable fault) which is very strange. When I connect the wire, the camera charges, but it doesn't show "connect to computer" on the camera screen.

Anyone experienced the same, any solutions out here?

Edit: It works if I put an USB-hub between. Very strange. Same USB-C cable into a USB-C hub, connected to the computer by USB-C.
2020-12-7
Use props
erik.telepovsky
lvl.1

Slovakia

Same issue here. Have you figured it out Siggii?
2021-4-14
Use props
Benjamin R. Waber
New

United States

Hey I figured it out! When you connect the DJI to your computer via thunderbolt what you do is turn the camera on, connect it, then turn the display off and back on again and my MacBook recognized the device and then you click connect on the Osmo and you should be all set.
2021-4-14
Use props
Benjamin R. Waber
New

United States

I figured it out for you guys I believe
2021-4-14
Use props
djiuser_cYroGYH7uWP9
New
South Africa

Ive tried the step recomended in the thread, unfortunately  however it does not  resolve the issue for me. The camera receives power from the macbook air, but the macbook does not register that the camera is plugged into it. Ive tried turning camera on and off, changed the order of plugging in, still nothing! Ive tested the cable on a windows laptop and it works, so there is no issue with the cable. Its seems to be related to my macbook. Any suggestions on how to resolve, other than buying an adapter?
2021-5-17
Use props
djiuser_cYroGYH7uWP9
New
South Africa

I have now tried to connect via usb hub, still nothing!
2021-5-18
Use props
DJIOS11
New

United States

Having the same issue running macOS 11.4 on the MacBook Air M1. Has DJI said anything about a firmware update to fix this issue?
2021-5-26
Use props
sonu
New
India

I think every Mac m1 owner with Osmo action is facing the same problem. What really strange is YET THERE IS NO SOLUTION.
2021-6-29
Use props
jcyc91
New

United States

Hello, I have the same issue as well on my M1 MacBook Air, I am on the 11.4 OS

I actually was able to connect to my Osmo action the first time I plugged it in, the touch screen asked if I wanted to connect to the MacBook and I hit accept and it all worked OK to transfer videos. But now the next time I'm trying I can't get my Mac to recognize the Osmo Action at all.
2021-8-14
Use props
GabbaTimeStyle
New
United States

Im having the same issue someone help! I don't wanna have to buy another cord just to be able to transfer my data.
2021-9-23
Use props
jorge.k
New

Germany

I think Apple has to fix it. I have the same issue with an insta360 camera. Both cameras (osmo action and the insta360)  work with my old macbook. With the m1 air it works only with an usb hub.
2021-11-14
Use props
Calu
New

Argentina

I have the same problem, unfortunately aplle does not recognize the osmo action
2021-12-16
Use props
MicMan
lvl.1

Germany

Hey Everybody, got the same here (12/2021) with the MacBook Air. If you connect it via USB-C to docking station, docking station with USB-C to Macbook. It works. Strange, but it works...
2021-12-24
Use props
JamoATX
lvl.1

United States

I get the screen prompt to accept connecting to my computer, but there is no recognition in the finder. I use a MacBook Pro. Hard to believe that this is a problem. All my other cameras (non-DJI) work perfectly. I reached out support and after 20 minutes of telling me how to fix this on a Windows PC (?) the agent stated that the M1 chip has not been tested and that DJI isn't able to provide a solution and recommended I tranfer files via the SD card, which would require another purchase.
2022-1-21
Use props
GLK.NineSix6
New
United States

2 Things. If you have the older version DJI Action it may not be able to connect using an older Mac OS. The Montery version of Mac can connect mine. The Action 2 have means to get your files and use them whatever OS you use by inserting a blank SD card and "export" your files to the SD card. It's a bit slow and it get hot but it should do the trick. Also, you can connect your A2 to your newer version of Mac OS but you have tweak and find the "device." Which I don't recommend. I find it easy to copy or export the files from the internal drive to the SD Card. That's all I can think of....
2022-3-19
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I had this problem with my P2 when I got a new M1MacBook Air. Previously no problems with an iMac (2015 vintage).
I can now get it to work under the following conditions:
1) Remove the Do It All Handle
2) Use the DJI supplied USBA charging cable that splits into two USBC cables - one for charging and the other marked with a USB Logo. Connect the latter to the camera.
3) Connect the USBA end to a Dock station fitted to the Mac. I used an Anger Dock.
Hope this helps someone.
2022-3-26
Use props
enjayaitch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15023 ft
Dominican Republic

northaal Posted at 3-26 13:27
I had this problem with my P2 when I got a new M1MacBook Air. Previously no problems with an iMac (2015 vintage).
I can now get it to work under the following conditions:
1) Remove the Do It All Handle

I was able to get it to work with simple USB-C -> USB-A -> USB-C chain (in my case with an Apple USB-C -> USB-A adapter and then a regular USB-A -> USB-C cable).
2022-10-20
Use props
DmMoscow
New
Flight distance : 807356 ft
Georgia

Osmo Action, Mac M1, latest firmware.
Tried connecting directly, tried connecting through adapter, tried different cables (original and not), tried praying to old gods.
April of 2023 - Still NO SOLUTION!
2023-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules