1770 20 2020-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boardtalk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209642 ft
Ireland

Hi

I think it’s time DJI rethink how items get delivered to the Republic of Ireland.

As you can see from the attached image, it’s a total mess.

I ordered the DJI Pocket 2 and have been happily waiting patiently. But now, I’m really fed up! My parcel has been bouncing around from depot to depot despite having the correct address. I’m worried it may arrive damaged with all the movements.

It’s addressed to come to my workplace. We get lots of deliveries here without issue and items come from all parts of the world.

I’m also concerned if I was to buy more items after Brexit kicks in, will they get shipped through the UK? What kind of delays can I expect then?
982D67FE-713E-4AE6-AEC1-9077DD8436E7.jpeg
2020-12-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's not really the experience you were hoping for, I know.  The package ( in my case) was very securely wrapped, so I don't think you need to worry unduly on that score.  Patience is a difficult commodity, but often necessary when dealing with DJI.  You'll be delighted with the gadget when it eventually arrives, I'm sure.  By the way - you're showing as United States on the forum rather than ROI. ??
2020-12-8
Use props
Boardtalk
lvl.4
Ireland

Blériot53 Posted at 12-8 06:02
That's not really the experience you were hoping for, I know.  The package ( in my case) was very securely wrapped, so I don't think you need to worry unduly on that score.  Patience is a difficult commodity, but often necessary when dealing with DJI.  You'll be delighted with the gadget when it eventually arrives, I'm sure.  By the way - you're showing as United States on the forum rather than ROI. ??

The US?!? It’s no wonder they can’t find me! - kidding aside, I don’t know how that happened. I even checked my IP location and it’s correct. Ah well.

Glad to hear they package well, can’t help but worry though. Fingers crossed it arrives safe.

I’ve good patience normally, I was one of the early purchasers of the Mavic and was content to wait months. Watching my Pocket 2 play “pass the parcel” is frustrating, it’s going up, down and across the country while I sit in the middle.

Your delivery was super quick, don’t know of anyone who got theirs as quickly as you. Gosh you were lucy

2020-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would call DHL if I were you!
PS, I'm waiting for any update from DHL since 3rd of December (shipping from China to the Netherlands)
2020-12-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Boardtalk Posted at 12-8 06:18
The US?!? It’s no wonder they can’t find me! - kidding aside, I don’t know how that happened. I even checked my IP location and it’s correct. Ah well.

Glad to hear they package well, can’t help but worry though. Fingers crossed it arrives safe.

I couldn't believe my luck. Under 24 hours from order to delivery was exceptional. But now I can't use it outdoors 'cos it's raining cats and dogs
2020-12-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry for the issue, Boardtalk. I had managed to get your order number by your forum account, I will confirm your package and shipping with the logistics department and ask them for help with the delivery. Hope you'll receive the package soon.
2020-12-9
Use props
Boardtalk
lvl.4
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-8 07:19
I would call DHL if I were you!
PS, I'm waiting for any update from DHL since 3rd of December (shipping from China to the Netherlands)

Sorry for not getting back sooner, I didn't get out from work until late yesterday. But I did phoned them after posting this topic and the lady from DHL was very good. She was as outraged as I was and I have to say, that helped. My package was delivered today.
2020-12-9
Use props
Boardtalk
lvl.4
Ireland

Blériot53 Posted at 12-8 07:40
I couldn't believe my luck. Under 24 hours from order to delivery was exceptional. But now I can't use it outdoors 'cos it's raining cats and dogs

Yes, under 24 hours is a record, especially all the way from China. Its raining here too, my Pocket 2 arrived today at work and now that I'm home, all I've managed to video is the Christmas three
2020-12-9
Use props
Boardtalk
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 12-9 00:49
I am sorry for the issue, Boardtalk. I had managed to get your order number by your forum account, I will confirm your package and shipping with the logistics department and ask them for help with the delivery. Hope you'll receive the package soon.

Hi DJI Susan, many thanks for helping from your end. It seems to have helped, my package arrived today at dinner-time. Apparently, when I phoned DHL, I was told that it should have been originally shipped to Dublin and not Shannon - that's where the problem started.
Delighted now to have my new toy and again, many thanks for your help.
2020-12-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Boardtalk Posted at 12-9 13:21
Yes, under 24 hours is a record, especially all the way from China. Its raining here too, my Pocket 2 arrived today at work and now that I'm home, all I've managed to video is the Christmas three

Hurrah!  At least it's arrived safely.  Let's hope for some decent weather soon so you can put it through its paces   By the way, you're showing as back in Ireland now on the forum, so that must have been the heck of a quick trip to the 'States
2020-12-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My first pano - taken today with the P2.

2020-12-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine can't have come all the way from China in that time frame. They must have had a stock somewhere in England for it to arrive so fast (Maybe with Heliguy in the North-East)
2020-12-9
Use props
Boardtalk
lvl.4
Ireland

Blériot53 Posted at 12-9 13:27
Hurrah!  At least it's arrived safely.  Let's hope for some decent weather soon so you can put it through its paces   By the way, you're showing as back in Ireland now on the forum, so that must have been the heck of a quick trip to the 'States

Ha ha yes, America I wish lol
Gosh, I'd love to travel right now but such is life. Hopefully this weather clears up over the weekend and I manage to get out for an hour or two. Always good to have something to look forward to.
2020-12-9
Use props
Boardtalk
lvl.4
Ireland

Blériot53 Posted at 12-9 13:30
My first pano - taken today with the P2.

[view_image]

That looks really good and no visible stitching of the images. Nice job!
I'm pleasantly surprised how wide the normal lens is. Am looking forward to trying out all the features over the coming days.
2020-12-9
Use props
Boardtalk
lvl.4
Ireland

Blériot53 Posted at 12-9 13:32
Mine can't have come all the way from China in that time frame. They must have had a stock somewhere in England for it to arrive so fast (Maybe with Heliguy in the North-East)

You might be right but you'd never know, your Pocket 2 could have been the last item in a batch ready to leave for the UK from China. Either way, you've got some great bragging rights on the forum here - not too many can match that!
2020-12-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Boardtalk Posted at 12-9 13:47
That looks really good and no visible stitching of the images. Nice job!
I'm pleasantly surprised how wide the normal lens is. Am looking forward to trying out all the features over the coming days.

Yes, that's without the wide-angle lens attachment.  I treated that series with the DJI Media App. but then did another with the Microsoft ICE program.  I think that might be preferable. More testing needed
2020-12-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Boardtalk Posted at 12-9 13:49
You might be right but you'd never know, your Pocket 2 could have been the last item in a batch ready to leave for the UK from China. Either way, you've got some great bragging rights on the forum here - not too many can match that!

I'll hold onto that record - unless anyone pops up to beat it
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Boardtalk Posted at 12-9 13:25
Hi DJI Susan, many thanks for helping from your end. It seems to have helped, my package arrived today at dinner-time. Apparently, when I phoned DHL, I was told that it should have been originally shipped to Dublin and not Shannon - that's where the problem started.
Delighted now to have my new toy and again, many thanks for your help.

You're most welcome. Glad to know that you have received the package, hope you have a nice day. Should there any further concerns, please feel free to let me know.
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Boardtalk Posted at 12-9 13:19
Sorry for not getting back sooner, I didn't get out from work until late yesterday. But I did phoned them after posting this topic and the lady from DHL was very good. She was as outraged as I was and I have to say, that helped. My package was delivered today.

Good to hear!
I also got mine yesterday
But the tracking information only appeared some hours before.
So the whole trip went without tracking.
2020-12-9
Use props
Boardtalk
lvl.4
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-9 23:25
Good to hear!
I also got mine yesterday
But the tracking information only appeared some hours before.

Delighted you got yours too, the late tracking was a bit odd.
Enjoy
2020-12-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Boardtalk Posted at 12-13 05:17
Delighted you got yours too, the late tracking was a bit odd.
Enjoy

It was indeed.
Thanks!
Have a lot of safe flights!
2020-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules