Is there a precision landing confirmation?
793 12 2020-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Hi again,
As it is being too cold outside fly, I am trying to read everything there is to learn about the Mavic 2 pro and wonder, is there is any form of confirmation or acceptance that the drone has recored the landing site at 7m hight for a precision landing after making the home point? Seeing that the home point is confirmed in several ways, both visually and verbally, should there not be the same for such an important thing as well? If not, then I feel that this could perhaps be aded in a future upgarde of the firmware.
2020-12-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Please disregard. Did not see that I was in he wrong forum
2020-12-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Is there a Precision Landing confirmation?

Hi again,
As it is being too cold outside fly, I am trying to read everything there is to learn about the Mavic 2 pro and wonder, is there is any form of confirmation or acceptance that the drone has recored the landing site at 7m hight for a precision landing after making the home point? Seeing that the home point is confirmed in several ways, both visually and verbally, should there not be the same for such an important thing as well? If not, then I feel that this could perhaps be aded in a future upgarde of the firmware.

2020-12-8
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

kyalami Posted at 12-8 11:47
Please disregard. Did not see that I was in he wrong forum

maybe You are but this would be nice info to exist even with the Mavic Air 2
2020-12-8
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Not really needed.  If you take off, climb to about 7m without rotating or moving the drone it'll record it.  If you don't it wont.
2020-12-8
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

My old mavic 1 pro asks each time for auto takeoff to confirm precision landing. It asks because it has no overhead collision avoidance system. If it were to unexpectedly fly up too high automatically, it could hit an overhead object. When I got my mavic 2 pro, I just always assumed that it didn’t ask because it has overhead collision avoidance, so it always just does the best it can to record it’s take off point. Like I say though, that’s what I’ve assumed. Don’t know for sure. I’ll be following this thread and maybe I’ll learn if I’m right.
2020-12-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I assume that the image(s) are always created at launch. Whether they are accurate and usable is probably not determined until landing time when it either works or doesn't.
2020-12-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

GaryDoug Posted at 12-8 19:04
I assume that the image(s) are always created at launch. Whether they are accurate and usable is probably not determined until landing time when it either works or doesn't.

HI,
Yes you are right in that you only know if the home point was recorded for precision landing when you want to land. But would it not be nice to have a confirmation in some form, so that you know this? Perhaps DJI could comment on this. As and "Airman" you should not really assume anything when flying.

P.S.
Strange, as the second time I posted this in the Mavic 2 forum, it still came up here for Mavic air. Perhaps because I used identical subject. Will do the same , but with different subject in the right forum.
2020-12-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

kyalami Posted at 12-9 01:26
HI,
Yes you are right in that you only know if the home point was recorded for precision landing when you want to land. But would it not be nice to have a confirmation in some form, so that you know this? Perhaps DJI could comment on this. As and "Airman" you should not really assume anything when flying.

Not what i meant. I believe that the image is always saved so any confirmation would be redundant and unneeded. I was saying you would not know the efectiveness until it landed.
2020-12-9
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

GaryDoug Posted at 12-9 06:48
Not what i meant. I believe that the image is always saved so any confirmation would be redundant and unneeded. I was saying you would not know the efectiveness until it landed.

Yes I completely understand and agree. The normal home point lading is not far out any way. I accept they way it is, but wanted to be Shure how precision landing works and if there was a confirmation of this in case I had missed something. Perhaps there may be a confirmation in Mavic 3 pro?
2020-12-9
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 12-8 19:04

Exactly, I mean that too!
2020-12-9
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

kyalami Posted at 12-9 01:26
HI,
Yes you are right in that you only know if the home point was recorded for precision landing when you want to land. But would it not be nice to have a confirmation in some form, so that you know this? Perhaps DJI could comment on this. As and "Airman" you should not really assume anything when flying.

DJI might not want you to have the confirmation so that you pay more attention when it lands. People might get too careless and not even visually monitor the landings. Funny but they’re keeping you safer by withholding info lol.
2020-12-10
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

TrevorSK Posted at 12-10 22:21
DJI might not want you to have the confirmation so that you pay more attention when it lands. People might get too careless and not even visually monitor the landings. Funny but they’re keeping you safer by withholding info lol.

Yes, we will probably never know of DJI thought of this.
2020-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules