Is there a way to remotely power on the s1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Garia666
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265079 ft
Netherlands

Is it possible to remotely power on the robomaster s1?
would be nice if my aquarium or alarm is triggerd i could use a VPN to my home, turn on my robot and have alook whats going on.

Is this possible in anyway?
2020-12-8
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

"s it possible to remotely power on the robomaster s1?"

Not easily. Power from from a supply plugged into a wall could be used to power the robot in parallel with the battery power and this would allow the robot to be always on but this isn't trivial to do. I personally have made an adapter to power my robot while program so it doesn't run down the battery but I'd be hesitant to leave it powered unattended.

The only other way can see of powering the robot remotely is to use another robot to press the power button appropriately. I'd think a single servo would all that's needed to turn on the S1 but this isn't very elegant.

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been very active in this forum lately.

I have some information about the S1 on my Hackaday IO page.
2021-3-27
Use props
JohnieBraaf
lvl.2
Netherlands

You could theoretically modify the battery and make some micro controller (like ESP32)  that pushes the battery button for a couple of seconds.
I would not modify the battery circuit and just use a separate power supply for the micro and use hardware sleep function to minimize idle drain.
2021-3-30
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265079 ft
Netherlands

JohnieBraaf Posted at 3-30 09:59
You could theoretically modify the battery and make some micro controller (like ESP32)  that pushes the battery button for a couple of seconds.
I would not modify the battery circuit and just use a separate power supply for the micro and use hardware sleep function to minimize idle drain.

Yes I was thinking about an Lego like construction.
However I have my eyes set on an jetbot 90 ai+.
So I can just use this one for fun and to try code.

Thanks for the reply ppl
2021-3-30
Use props
Peme969
lvl.1
United States

I don’t think so.
2023-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules