Need Barebones Inspire 1 as Backup
1241 7 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Hello all! Flew too close to some cat tails and was able to land without incident. No visible damage other than some cat tail guts on two props.
Back to the bench to assess and found that two aft motors won't start and heat up. Everything else is fine, but think I'm facing a 6 week doldrum.
Anyway, since I have two controllers, two cameras, and plenty of batteries, all I want is a barebones backup AC to use while I wait for the repair in !%?&*%#.
I really wish DJI would have such an order available since the reapir cycle is so burdensome.
Does anybody know of or have an AC that would fit this criteria? Reply PM or swfishne at yahoo.com
Jay
2015-6-30
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

The best bet would be to buy a P3P for your backup
2015-6-30
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

... financially, that would be the better option. Unless you really need the dual operator support. To me that would be enough of a reason to need a spare craft. I have one, but still debating if im going to keep it or not. If I decide to sell, ill let you know. GL
2015-6-30
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

The reason for the post is that I have all of the "stuff" that supports the Inspire; Spare batteries, extra camera, case, extra controller, etc.
A P3P would suffice, but would have to buy additional batteries and loose the Inspire features I have come to use all of the time; 360 pan, retractable landing gear, and especially the stability and feel.
2015-6-30
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Try communicating with Autumn.

There was a similar post and request by another member as to the cost of an aircraft only as a second back-up aircraft for commercial use.  

Not aware of any subsequent posts where Autumn confirmed any prices, but she was helpful and did state she would look into it as a possibility for commercial users or at lease raise it with DJI.
2015-6-30
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-30 19:05
The best bet would be to buy a P3P for your backup

Update: Well I bid on an ebay barebones Inspire @1700 but was outbid. So I went o B&H and they had a used P3pro for 849 and I snapped it up.
Waiting for next firmware update to see if maybe it flashes the ESCs and fixes the motor problem (fingers crossed). If not, sending it in to the CAabyss.
Update 150703: Sent the Inspire off to CA yesterday for a spa treatment. Received the "used" P3P from B&H yesterday. It had never seen the air and was probably sitting on a display shelf. Absolutely brand new and flew it this morning after updating firmware, etc. Interesting.. Ok, but no comparison to flying the I1. Horizon issues from the start.
Setting up in pilot app was easy and the footage is OK except for horizon. My project while I1 at the spas is to mount a new Panasonic G7 on my X8+. Should be interesting.
2015-7-1
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2015-7-1 19:02
Update: Well I bid on an ebay barebones Inspire @1700 but was outbid. So I went o B&H and they had ...

there is a place to but Inspire1 only

http://www.gothelirc.com/shopexd.asp?id=2584
2015-7-1
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

If I recall the answe was NO. They do not sell the Inspire1 without all the other components. I once saw there was mention of a 30% discount but that was a special case and not sure if that would apply to everyone.
2015-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules