Can I use the Ronin SC Focus Motor with the Ronin RS2 Gimbal?
3486 4 2020-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blindklv
lvl.1
United States

Pretty much the title. I noticed little difference between the focus motors for both models. After connecting the focus motor to the gimbal and starting her up I get prompted with the message below:

Inconsistent firmware version detected. Update firmware?

Now, normally I would hastily confirm. However, knowing how sensitive DJI's gimbals and drones can be to failure, I am a bit hesitant. Please advise me if this is a good idea? Or, if there are massive differences between the focus motors, what are they?

IMG_1815.jpg
2020-12-8
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Yes, update the fimrware and it's good to go. The motors are exactly the same and have been originally designed to handle higher voltage. When connected to the RS2, there's a handshake process that takes place to allow the RS2 to output 8.5v to the motor.
2020-12-8
Use props
blindklv
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paul Posted at 12-8 19:51
Yes, update the fimrware and it's good to go. The motors are exactly the same and have been originally designed to handle higher voltage. When connected to the RS2, there's a handshake process that takes place to allow the RS2 to output 8.5v to the motor.

Thanks, Paul. I went ahead and updated it but for some reason, I can't get it to work. I tried every usb-c outlet available to me and all I get is a red blinking light from the focus motor. Just to clarify, I am able to use this focus motor with the new RS2 focus wheel right?
2020-12-9
Use props
djiuser_9xcRZMWjho9f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

blindklv Posted at 2020-12-9 19:35
Thanks, Paul. I went ahead and updated it but for some reason, I can't get it to work. I tried every usb-c outlet available to me and all I get is a red blinking light from the focus motor. Just to clarify, I am able to use this focus motor with the new RS2 focus wheel right?

Hi blindklv, did you get it to work? I have an issue with the sc focus motor and the RSC2 where I can't get it to work, and I'm not getting the update firmware message you did. How did you connect it to the gimbal?
2021-3-24
Use props
Philip Wood
New

United Kingdom

Hi,
   I don't have the firmware message either, and no lights from using either of the three ports. I saw a message from another feed on dji forum, which said to try another USB connection; I connected a power bank, which gave a red flashing light on the motor. I have set up raveneye, previously, which I believe uses the same port, so that should be OK. How do I download firmware to the motor?
    Phil
2023-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules