DJI Mini 2 Repair
1884 12 2020-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pher07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33445 ft
United States

I purcased my Mini 2 with Care Refresh on 12/2/2020. On 12/5/20, I flew it for the first time. About 10-12 minutes in, my Mini 2 became sporadic and uncontrollable. It ended up crashing into the ground, leaving it totaled. On 12/7/2020 I made a claim and sent my Mini 2 back to DJI facility in California for further inspection.
My case number is CAS-5569445
Flight Log Records: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BQbnXRHvzqUM3xoTQBZpaIQeIrP7bm0g?usp=sharing

Is there anything else that I may be missing for the repair/replacemnet process?

Thanks!
2020-12-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI may ask for the .dat file found on the drone and/or the device. Might as well get used to finding and copying that file.
2020-12-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Pher07, I am sorry to hear about the accident. I have checked the case, noticed that the data analysis is not applied, which means it is a paid service and you can use DJI Care Refresh.
However, since you mentioned that the drone was uncontrollable, I suggest applying for data analysis. If it is confirmed that the accident was not caused by the pilot, the warranty will cover it, and you won't need to pay for the service.
Please let me know if you would love to apply for data analysis (it will cost a few more days than the regular repair case), I will help to manage it. Thanks.
2020-12-8
Use props
thbode32
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20994 ft
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 12-8 20:57
DJI may ask for the .dat file found on the drone and/or the device. Might as well get used to finding and copying that file.

Could you please tell us where to find, get access, to those files and logs?
2020-12-9
Use props
Pher07
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-8 23:44
Hi Pher07, I am sorry to hear about the accident. I have checked the case, noticed that the data analysis is not applied, which means it is a paid service and you can use DJI Care Refresh.
However, since you mentioned that the drone was uncontrollable, I suggest applying for data analysis. If it is confirmed that the accident was not caused by the pilot, the warranty will cover it, and you won't need to pay for the service.
Please let me know if you would love to apply for data analysis (it will cost a few more days than the regular repair case), I will help to manage it. Thanks.

Hello, Susan, thanks for quick response! Yes, I would like to apply for the data analysis.
2020-12-9
Use props
Pher07
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-8 20:57
DJI may ask for the .dat file found on the drone and/or the device. Might as well get used to finding and copying that file.

Thanks for the information!
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pher07 Posted at 12-9 04:22
Hello, Susan, thanks for quick response! Yes, I would like to apply for the data analysis.

Received the request, I will help to manage this, we will check the data when we receive your drone, please wait patiently.
2020-12-9
Use props
Pher07
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-8 23:44

After looking at my footage again on the satellite imaging, it seems I might of hit some tree branches that caused the "motor unable to rotate" sign to show up. I was assured that I flew higher than the highest surrounding object within the general area in order to prevent mishaps.  I was  56 meters high. However, I will let DJI do the further inspection. In this regard, you can disregard my data analysis request.

Thanks again!
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Pher07 Posted at 12-9 04:49
After looking at my footage again on the satellite imaging, it seems I might of hit some tree branches that caused the "motor unable to rotate" sign to show up. I was assured that I flew higher than the highest surrounding object within the general area in order to prevent mishaps.  I was  56 meters high. However, I will let DJI do the further inspection. In this regard, you can disregard my data analysis request.

Thanks again!

Hi, Pher07. On behalf of DJI Susan, we truly feel sorry for the incident. May we confirm that you want to disregard your data analysis request? By this, we'll be getting in touch with the team to use your DJI Care Refresh service plan once you confirm. Thank you.
2020-12-9
Use props
Pher07
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the response Diana.  Yes, you can disregard the data analysis, and I would like to use my DJI Care Refresh service plan.
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Pher07 Posted at 12-9 07:57
Thanks for the response Diana.  Yes, you can disregard the data analysis, and I would like to use my DJI Care Refresh service plan.

Thanks for your quick response. We'll then we will go ahead and notify the team designated to formally request to use your DJI Care Refresh once your unit arrived and received. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2020-12-9
Use props
djiuser_S9X2rMrQkNL3
New
Flight distance : 87103 ft
Canada

It won’t allow me to post new... So, upon inspection of my new Mavic Mini. I noticed that the back left motor has play in it. Is this normal. The other three motors seem snug. No wiggle..  
2020-12-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_S9X2rMrQkNL3 Posted at 12-28 10:43
It won’t allow me to post new... So, upon inspection of my new Mavic Mini. I noticed that the back left motor has play in it. Is this normal. The other three motors seem snug. No wiggle..

Hi there, please check the forum rules here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-71515-1-1.html, you are unable to post threads if your points below 20.
For the issue of your Mavic Mini, could you record a video to show us the details of the problem? Thanks.
2020-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules