Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Evelas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 707349 ft
Czechia

Hey everyone,

Some reading first (EASA)

This new legislation is going to become valid in our country. For the next two years, it will be valid side by side with our current one and then it will take over.

I am writing about the drone classification (the drone labels such as C0 or A1) in the "open category". If I understand this correctly, the label has to be issued by the manufacturer (for the model line, not per every drone), so right now, older drones, such as my Mavic Pro Platinum or my still rather new Mavic Mini will still fall into the Ax categories (even though Mini would probably be suited to be a C0 drone).

New drones will probably come labeled directly from the factory, but what about older, still perfectly working drones. Are we going to be stuck in the A categories? Or is there going to be a possibility of retroactively adding a label to these older drones?

2020-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

<250g drones get an exception and will be allowed to fly in A1 after 2 years.
Even without the new CE marking.
So the mini's should be good.
I just asked about it in a Dutch drone forum.

All the other current DJI drones fall in the open A3 if I'm not mistaken.
Unless DJI finds a way to retrospectively get CE C1 for their <900g
But that is very unlikely to be honest.

There is still a lot 'unknown' so we will have to see how this works out for us.
2020-12-9
Use props
Evelas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 707349 ft
Czechia

Still, Mini should be C0 in my opinion, there is no reason for it not to be (other than bureaucracy)
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Evelas Posted at 12-9 00:27
Still, Mini should be C0 in my opinion, there is no reason for it not to be (other than bureaucracy)

They can fly without too much limitations. A1
2020-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There was some speculation from Poland that there would are retrospective certification but nothing concrete has come out yet.
2020-12-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Evelas Posted at 12-9 00:27

There is no difference in the laws between C0 and A1 legacy
2020-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules