8438 16 2020-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
filipgregor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356726 ft
Australia

Hi all,

wanted to check if any of you encountered this too (video on Google Drive).

After successfully finishing gimbal calibration, recentering always shows the X-axis slightly turned to the left in both 0° and -90° views.

Had this since I bought the drone, not really an issue, just curious if I'm the only one.

Cheers,

Filip

2020-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can do a manual calibration which should allow you to correct that - see https://greyarro.ws/t/tilted-hor ... e-dji-fly-app/20224
2020-12-9
Use props
filipgregor1
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks for this DAFlys. I'll have look.

I'm aware the option is there, just wasn't sure how to use it.
2020-12-9
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

On the Mavic Air 2 you have the ability to articulate the camera horizontally by swiping on the camera view screen left or right in the DJI Fly app.  Depending on your remote configuration an easy way to realign the camera to center is to have the Func button configured to Recenter Gimbal.  This will center it when pressed.  The downside to using the Recenter Gimble is that goes straight down when pressed and requires a second press to return it to the forward position.
2020-12-9
Use props
filipgregor1
lvl.4
Australia

Appreciate your answer.

The auto gimbal calibration doesn’t do the trick as it results in -1/-2 degree offset respectively when panned down / horizontally.

With the manual calibration, I just need to find a way how to align the camera view against in my surroundings so that I’m sure it’s 100% vertically & horizontally centered.

2020-12-9
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

Does swiping the screen left or right move the gimble?  Maybe you can align it that way.
2020-12-9
Use props
filipgregor1
lvl.4
Australia

Good call, will try that.

Still wondering how to make sure both axes are aligned properly though as I doubt 1° or 2° equals to one or two points respectively in the manual calibration

Trial and error it is and I'll see how I go from there.

Thanks all!

2020-12-9
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you have done a gimbal calibration and it is still not right there is something wrong. I have had mine go off centre mid flight but two clicks on the function button recanters it for me and I'm good to go again.
2020-12-9
Use props
filipgregor1
lvl.4
Australia

I'm sure it shouldn't be like this, though I assume I'd have to send the drone back for repair to China and am honestly not sure the 1° and 2° is worth the wait... It's been like this since day one and it's my first (and only) drone so I guess I'll go with what it is for now (trying to 'fix' it as per above instructions) unless it becomes worst in time...
2020-12-9
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

filipgregor1 Posted at 12-9 14:52
I'm sure it shouldn't be like this, though I assume I'd have to send the drone back for repair to China and am honestly not sure the 1° and 2° is worth the wait... It's been like this since day one and it's my first (and only) drone so I guess I'll go with what it is for now (trying to 'fix' it as per above instructions) unless it becomes worst in time...

1-2° does make a big difference when navigating the drone via the live camera feed.  I initially interpreted your response as 1/2 or 45° off.  I understand why you are concerned about the small centering error and would try to get it resolved sooner than later so it is in warrantee period.
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Filip. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened may we know if your DJI Mavic Air 2 had experienced any hard landing or crash? Kindly please refresh the firmware of the DJI Mavic Air 2 then please try to calibrate the gimbal once again after the firmware refresh to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-12-9
Use props
filipgregor1
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-9 19:51
Hello there Filip. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened may we know if your DJI Mavic Air 2 had experienced any hard landing or crash? Kindly please refresh the firmware of the DJI Mavic Air 2 then please try to calibrate the gimbal once again after the firmware refresh to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi Stephen, thanks for asking.

I've encountered this behaviour since day 1 of owning the drone (no prior hard landings / crashes before I first noticed this by trying out different menu options).
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

filipgregor1 Posted at 12-9 20:06
Hi Stephen, thanks for asking.

I've encountered this behaviour since day 1 of owning the drone (no prior hard landings / crashes before I first noticed this by trying out different menu options).

Hi there Filip. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Since this issue is still happening on the said DJI drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to check the said drone physically. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-13
Use props
1dragonclaw
lvl.1

United States

I get a similar issue with my DJI Mavic 2 Pro, with over 450 successful flights, and 0 crashes, I've got what I call a lazy gimbal, where it sits off center, to the left, by 2.4°. auto calibrate does not work to correct this 2.4° indiscretion, and as such, I usually just manually adjust the gimbals angle.
Any idea if the link that DJI sent at the beginning of this thread works for the M2Pro as well? Or is there another way to calibrate my gimbal?
2022-10-29
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

I had this issue with my Mini 2 and Air 2. I followed the below steps from this comment and it fixed it.

1. Calibrate IMU on a very flat surface
2. Restart the drone
3.  Calibrate the Gimbal on a very flat surface
4. Calibrate the RC Controller (from DJI Fly Control Tab)
5. Turn off the drone, go outside
6. Turn on the drone, wait for GPS Lock
7. Once GPS has locked, calibrate the compass
8. Restart the drone once more, try to fly!
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_Y0Eko41yZ7eW
New
Flight distance : 549685 ft

India

blue_canyon21 Posted at 2022-10-29 14:00
I had this issue with my Mini 2 and Air 2. I followed the below steps from this comment and it fixed it.

1. Calibrate IMU on a very flat surface

Is it really works ?
2023-11-21
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

Yes, I've not had any issues at all since following the steps.
2023-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules