Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Precision landing confirmation?
458 12 2020-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Hi

Seeing that this post ended up twice for some reason in the Mavic air forum, I repost it here in the Mavic 2 Pro forum.

As it is being too cold outside fly, I am trying to read everything there is to learn about the Mavic 2 pro and wonder, is there is any form of confirmation or acceptance that the drone has recored the landing site at 7m hight for a precision landing after making the home point? Seeing that the home point is confirmed in several ways, both visually and verbally, should there not be the same for such an important thing as well? If not, then I feel that this could perhaps be aded in a future upgrade of the firmware.

2020-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its fully automatic in the M2P,  just make sure you hear the Home point has been recorded messages at take off.  
2020-12-9
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 12-9 01:54
Its fully automatic in the M2P,  just make sure you hear the Home point has been recorded messages at take off.

Thanks, yes I thought so, as it does work when it lands correctly. It would be nice though if you also get a confirmation for this and for making home point. Perhaps DJI can look in to this?
2020-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 12-9 01:58
Thanks, yes I thought so, as it does work when it lands correctly. It would be nice though if you also get a confirmation for this and for making home point. Perhaps DJI can look in to this?

I dont expect any features now on the M2P,  all energy seems to be in the new drones and the Fly app.   The confirmation is really already there, it tells you its recorded the homeport.
2020-12-9
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 12-9 02:20
I dont expect any features now on the M2P,  all energy seems to be in the new drones and the Fly app.   The confirmation is really already there, it tells you its recorded the homeport.

OK I understand. The home point position is just not that accurate as the precession landing, but is Ok. Perhaps in Mavic 3 pro?
2020-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 12-9 02:28
OK I understand. The home point position is just not that accurate as the precession landing, but is Ok. Perhaps in Mavic 3 pro?

I usually land manually. But on occasion when I show off the auto landing to a friend mines always within a couple of inches of take off point.
2020-12-9
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 12-9 02:29
I usually land manually. But on occasion when I show off the auto landing to a friend mines always within a couple of inches of take off point.

I fully understand, but as I am new I thought that it was something that I have missed when learning all about the drone and just wanted to be 100% of this. I will probably land manually when I get more training.
Thanks
2020-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 12-9 02:36
I fully understand, but as I am new I thought that it was something that I have missed when learning all about the drone and just wanted to be 100% of this. I will probably land manually when I get more training.
Thanks

The beeping from the auto landing will probably drive you potty after a while.  
2020-12-9
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-9 02:29
I usually land manually. But on occasion when I show off the auto landing to a friend mines always within a couple of inches of take off point.

Home point landing accuracy for me, used probably 50%, also is spot on.
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kyalami. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. In addition ti this pot. I will cascade this information to the designated DJI Department for further attention. Thank you.
2020-12-9
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-9 19:54
Hello there kyalami. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. In addition ti this pot. I will cascade this information to the designated DJI Department for further attention. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen.
2020-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marty Markoe Posted at 12-9 07:04
Home point landing accuracy for me, used probably 50%, also is spot on.

As long as RTH works if needed thats all that really matters,  landing is the easy part.
2020-12-10
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 12-10 00:43
As long as RTH works if needed thats all that really matters,  landing is the easy part.

Yes, totally agree with you.
2020-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules