Phone compass orientation
602 3 2020-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparkyRih
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3438 ft
Netherlands

So I recently got a DJI Mini 2, today I got ready for my second flight, threw it in the air, but this time I paid more attention to the app, and I noticed that even though my drone was facing away from me, the little arrow on the bottom of the screen was pointing to the left.

So I did a couple of compass calibrations on the drone, but the arrow kept pointing the wrong way. So I tried calibrating my phones compass, but this compass is also correct, however...

If I hold my phone in portrait mode, the compass is correct, but when I hold it in landscape, the compass of my phone does point to the left

Is there a way to fix this?
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SparkyRih. I am sorry for  the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The calculation of the orientation of the Radar in the DJI Fly application needs to obtain the GPS of the mobile device and the orientation of the compass. Therefore, it is necessary to turn on the permission of your phone's GPS and compass to DJI Fly application. It is also recommended to calibrate the mobile phone's compass before the flight; GPS position accuracy is easily affected by obstructions such as buildings. Kindly please fly the said DJI drone in open area / different location to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2020-12-9
Use props
SparkyRih
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3438 ft
Netherlands

The DJI Fly app does have the correct permissions and the phone compass has been calibrated.

I use an Asus Zenfone 6
2020-12-10
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

SparkyRih Posted at 12-10 04:07
The DJI Fly app does have the correct permissions and the phone compass has been calibrated.

I use an Asus Zenfone 6

somewhere it was reported that in the case of a ban on sending information from the dji fly application, there may be such a problem. Uninstall DJI Fly and install it again, allow everything on first launch.

But usually this problem is with the compass calibration in the smartphone. from the store, gps testing apps usually have a built-in compass calibration feature.
2020-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules