Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini 2 Motor unable to rotate
6149 9 2020-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIFan999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24275 ft
Pakistan

Hi team its just a week now since i am having problems with my DJI Mini 2 last night I was trying to take off the drone. I receive the following error and suddenly crashed on a tree
and fell on the ground. After that it took off again normally but any one know why it happened ??  I checked properly all propellers were open in right position, yes but previouly I had a small collision on wall but after that I flew it normally even 100 meters on altitude. I am attaching the screen shot. I also try to rotate  the motor manually from my finger the front side of the motor creates more sound when it rotates as compare to the others.

Error Message

Error Message
2020-12-9
Use props
videoeditman
Captain
Flight distance : 4877923 ft
United States

I would look in the motors for any debris, hold upside down and tap the motor lightly to see if you can dislodge anything. After that I would work with DJI having them check it out for repair!
2020-12-9
Use props
DJIFan999
lvl.3
Pakistan

videoeditman Posted at 12-9 05:53
I would look in the motors for any debris, hold upside down and tap the motor lightly to see if you can dislodge anything. After that I would work with DJI having them check it out for repair!

Hi there I have already done this but still that cracking sounds come. But I have tested the Drone it is working I tried to rotate it , move left and right , up and down not showing any error for the mean time. But I didn’t took it to high altitude or move too far from my place.

Should I still worry ?
2020-12-9
Use props
UKMoose
First Officer
Flight distance : 2472274 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear your problem, maybe the crash you had inside your house has done more than it first appeared. Don't mess with it yourself, get it repaired professionally.
2020-12-9
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 670594 ft
United Kingdom

Did you crash at home first time? Did you swap props after that crash?
2020-12-9
Use props
DJIFan999
lvl.3
Pakistan

spawacz_rider Posted at 12-9 08:32
Did you crash at home first time? Did you swap props after that crash?

Yes it collided slightly with my room
wall and fell on foam chair but after that first collision I flew it two or 3 times and it flew normally but yesterday I got this issue that I posted. No I have not change the propellers but the first propellers have slight scratches nothing more.
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there DJIFan999. I am sorry to know what happned to your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened and there was a crash that happened before on your DJI Mini 2 and you and know experiencing this issues. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-9
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1090407 ft
United States

I had the same issue with my second mini. It turned out to be tiny metal bits inside each front motor. Fortunately it happened at startup and not in the air. I took the worst motor apart to see the pieces and confirmed they were metal. I bought that drone used so it may have had a hard crash with the previous owner. The problem did not appear until several months later. I tried to remove all the debris and was mostly successful but I did not trust that more would not come loose. So I replaced both front arms and I now check all motors on all 5 drones every week.

It was nearly impossible to remove all the tiny metal pieces because they were held inside by the magnet.

2020-12-9
Use props
DaveN12345
lvl.1

United States

I bought my DJI Mavic Mini brand new and just unboxed it. I bought it last December but only now had the time to play with it. I took it to the park and one of the motor doesn't turn. Error message says Motor unable to rotate. Check motor (Code:30142)
4-24 19:22
Use props
SolumShiaKo
lvl.1

United States

I also have a motor that feels crunchy to turn and wont turn at all the other direction. It happened after landing on a gravelly beach. Some hematite (Magnetic rock) is stuck on the magnets. Almost sand sized but that's all it takes to jam the motor since its so small itself. I'm using a staple to get them out, but because they are magnetic its difficult. I might try getting a 200lb pull strength magnet to try and suck it out magnetically but I have a feeling that wont work very well, but its worth a shot cuz otherwise I'm going to have to replace the motor (I think the motor comes with the whole arm but oh well).

( Just got out the big pieces now it spins ok both ways and I'm hoping the high rpm will knock the micro pieces out when flying or at the very least grind them to a dust which at first I was worried about accidentally grinding the coating off the wires but they have a metal buffer protecting them so should be ok for small amounts of small magnetic sand (not pure metal). Note I had to take out the three screws holding the motor in to even see and then remove the pieces but they need Loctite added when you put them back in. If your debris isn't magnetic or even if it is some high pressure air from a air compressor might do the trick.)

Hope that helps. I don't have a warrantee or anything and I'm electronically inclined/familiar with how it works so I opted to fix myself but do so at your own risk obviously.
7-7 10:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules