Sony A6600 Compatibility
2577 4 2020-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_RR
lvl.1

Austria

Hey everyone, I'm thinking about getting the RS2 for my a6600. So I have to choose between the Sony Multi cable and the Micro-USB cable.

Unbenannt.PNG Unbenannt1.PNG

In other words, I have to choose between the Raven Eye System and the ability to control focus/iso/shutter/aperture via the gimbal. (Am I right here?)
I definitely will choose the Micro Usb cable to have control over my settings. I don't care about not having a Liveview in my App, but can i still use Active Track then?
Can I set ActiveTrack Points with the trigger of the gimbal despite using the MicroUSB cable?

And @DJI, are there plans to get the RavenEye working and still have control over all settings via the gimbal?

Would really appreciate some Feedback

2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out with us.

Due to the camera protocol, we cannot enable the camera control functions achieved when using the USB-C and using the RavenEye at the same time. Also the ActiveTrack is not available under this situation as the ronin app/built-in screen will not receive the output signal, the objects that are wished to be tracked cannot be recognized by the gimbal.

We are sorry for bringing any inconvenience on your shooting. If you need to use the ActiveTrack, we still suggest you to use the Multi cable to achieve this.

Let us know if you have further questions.
2020-12-10
Use props
djiuser_WaLfYdz8Bcjd
New
Poland

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-10 01:33
Hi, thank you for reaching out with us.

Due to the camera protocol, we cannot enable the camera control functions achieved when using the USB-C and using the RavenEye at the same time. Also the ActiveTrack is not available under this situation as the ronin app/built-in screen will not receive the output signal, the objects that are wished to be tracked cannot be recognized by the gimbal.

I have a similar question regarding a6400 - it seems like the problem occurs for all of the Sony cameras. Do you foresee an update that will allow all functions to be controlled when RavenEye is attached?
2020-12-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_WaLfYdz8Bcjd Posted at 12-17 09:12
I have a similar question regarding a6400 - it seems like the problem occurs for all of the Sony cameras. Do you foresee an update that will allow all functions to be controlled when RavenEye is attached?

Hello, we are sorry to say currently we cannot achieve all the camera functions bu using one cable when using RavenEye. Due to the camera protocol, some parts of the functions need to be separated by using different cables. We will continue to work on the compatibility research with camera brands and keep users updated on the camera compatibility search page.

Thank you for your attention.  
2020-12-19
Use props
fans7bd3ffe0
New
Canada

I have my Raveneye/RSC 2/a6600 all together.  I cannot get the Virtual Joystick or Force Mobile functions enabled once I connect the Raveneye's wifi.  The functions do work when not connected to Raveneye with the same cable configurations, so i'm bewildered as to what the problem is here.  I use the Sony Multi connection cable to the RSC 2's RSS.
2020-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules