6950 27 2020-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

In this video I am teaching how to use Dashware, add the Custom DJI Profiles from scratch and you will be able to overlap the DJI fly logs telemetry on your videos.
  • You will need your DJI Fly logs and the video you recorded or you can use the sample that I am including for practice.
  • You will need the software Dashware that is free, you can download it here:  Dashware Download - DashWare
  • You will need the modified templates that I am including here or in this linkDashware - Google Drive
There are much more we can modify but we can discuses here at the forum as people start making questions.
Please if you like the tutorial, subscribe to my channel.

Thanks to 120ccpm for his hard work !!

The outcome video

2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ZeuS-FL. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this informative video you have created. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2020-12-9
Use props
Looks Good
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275456 ft
China

amazing,super
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very interesting stuff!
2020-12-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent tutorial!  
2020-12-10
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I recently downloaded Dashware, and did not get too far. this should be very helpful thank you!
2020-12-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing, very interesting
2020-12-10
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, just another use for Dashware as a diagnostic tool.

Lets you see in real time what happened.
Unfortunately my phantom wasn't recovered.
2020-12-10
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

That was a nice template. Can you share the gauges? Also how are you using to measured the Downlink and video feed?
2020-12-10
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ZeuS-FL Posted at 12-10 15:38
That was a nice template. Can you share the gauges? Also how are you using to measured the Downlink and video feed?

Thanks

Dji Flight records don't show signal data but if you check the records carefully you will find gaps in the timeline data column OSD.flyTime eg 24.6 - 25.1 showing that 4 data packets have been dropped. The gauge counts these dropped packets. This only works for data coming from the AC not going to the AC. The signals going to the AC are only estimated in relation to the dropped data packets - a bit of a cheat I know but AirData UAV uses a similar approach.
Litchi Flight records do show signal data and the gauge can use this data for a Litchi flight.

I can share the gauges. Which ones do you want? Some require extra configured data columns.
2020-12-11
Use props
Tensobon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13829 ft
Germany

my data files do not show any telemetry data - any hints ?
2021-2-3
Use props
Tensobon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13829 ft
Germany

my data files do not show any telemetry data - any hints ?
2021-2-3
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I will be checking this.
2021-2-4
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Hi!
I am using RaceRender - how exactly do I get the telemetry data of a certain flight? These are apparently not stored in the video itself (as is the case with GoPro, for example) ...
So I have to load it separately to the video - just how do I get this data?
2021-2-4
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You need the flying logs from DJI. You can get it from your phone or device.
The easiest way for me is getting it from Airdata.com creating a free account. They download the file for you synchronizing from the DJI servers. Is a process that you need to setup only one time. Air data will provide a token for your account and you need to enter the token in your DJI Fly or DJI GO application. Even Litchi, Dronelink, Dronedeploy and others support this.

2021-2-6
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

Thanks - I'll try this!
2021-2-7
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

Processed with RaceRender.
Copy the TXT file of the desired flight from the directory DJI / dji.go.v5 / FlightRecord from the Android mobile phone to the PC and upload it to  https://app.airdata.com/  , convert it to a CSV file and save it on the PC.
Import video and CSV files into RaceRender, adjust the timing and "decorate" with GPS overlays as desired ...

Attehtion: This Video is not public - only for yor eys!
2021-2-7
Use props
Peter51
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1162969 ft
Germany

Hello Zeus-Fl, I have watched many of your very informative tutorials. Thank you for your effort. One thing I couldn't find anywhere is how to display "Dynamic Text Messages" found, for example, in the column FLYCSTATE. The messages are "Motor On", "Going Home", etc. I can dynamically display NUMBERS in all gauges, but not DYNAMIC TEXTS. Do you know a specific solution for this? Thank you.
2023-7-13
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Peter51 Posted at 7-13 12:42
Hello Zeus-Fl, I have watched many of your very informative tutorials. Thank you for your effort. One thing I couldn't find anywhere is how to display "Dynamic Text Messages" found, for example, in the column FLYCSTATE. The messages are "Motor On", "Going Home", etc. I can dynamically display NUMBERS in all gauges, but not DYNAMIC TEXTS. Do you know a specific solution for this? Thank you.

Hi Peter51
Can be done with Dashware - but not easy!!
See Post 13# and attached pics.

2023-7-14
Use props
Peter51
lvl.2
Germany

Wau Pleomax, thank you for the quick response. Finally, among the millions of Dashware tutors, I have found someone who truly understands Dashware. I am truly, very grateful. I watched the video in #13. Very impressive. What great work!
I will now get to work on understanding the screenshots. First of all, I am really happy to have found a knowledgeable guide. For your information: I am a 72-year-old man from Hamburg, Germany. (Translation with ChatGPT)
2023-7-14
Use props
Peter51
lvl.2
Germany

Okay, Pleomax, I think I understood the first part. I have created PNGs for GoHome, MotorStartet, etc. But now it gets more difficult: Where does the control come from?

First of all, a note. I have 3 CSV files: AirData, Phantomhelp, and FlightReader. Although the last two are from Mike Singer, they are different.
In the Phantomhelp CSV, OSD.FLYCSTATE is a column with plain text (no numbers). In AirData, the column is numerical: (41-Motor starts, 10-Takeoff, etc.).
I suspect I need to create a column with numbers 1-10 in the data profile.
That's it for today. Good night.
Dashware Screen.jpg
2023-7-14
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Peter51 Posted at 7-14 15:55
Okay, Pleomax, I think I understood the first part. I have created PNGs for GoHome, MotorStartet, etc. But now it gets more difficult: Where does the control come from?

First of all, a note. I have 3 CSV files: AirData, Phantomhelp, and FlightReader. Although the last two are from Mike Singer, they are different.

Hi again Peter51

Almost there.

Using Phantomhelp CSV, OSD.FLYCSTATE you have to convert the plain text in the csv. to numerical value 0-9 not 1-10 (only ten digits).

Each digit can only represent 1 FlycState therefore you can only have 10 different FlycState png. images so every time in the FlycState column say JOYSTICK appears change this in the column to numeric value 3, likewise Go Home appears change this in the column to numeric value 5 and so on. (I am just referencing your numbers from your screen grab the numbers can represent any message png.) Changing the plain text to a numerical value is where the gauge gets the control.

If you need or want to have more than 10 messages say "Warnings" this is were it starts to become slightly more complicated.
You will have to make another gauge for another 10 different messages and use a different column for numerical value 0-9 and have the gauge positioned at a different screen location.
As warning messages don't usually stay on screen you need to make 1 of your message png. blank (say Digit 0 Image File) and use numeric value 0 when no warning is showing.

Post 13#  uses 3 of these gauges - Flight Mode - Messages - Warning

Unfortunately Dashware is limited in its ability to handle text.

I noticed from your screen grab the JOYSTICK message has a white background, this will show on your overlay.
To avoid this save your .png with transparent background (I used Photoshop)

Hope this helps you along, any queries just ask.

Pleomax
2023-7-14
Use props
Peter51
lvl.2
Germany

Good morning, Pleomax,

I believe I've got it.

I've added a new column called FluycStateNUM to the Phantomhelp CSV.

Now, of course, it's very time-consuming to make my new insight visually more appealing - like YOURS.

May I perhaps try out your gauges?

Have a great weekend and thank you so much for your help from the bottom of my heart!
Peter

2023-7-15
Use props
Peter51
lvl.2
Germany

https://youtu.be/NuEvPw0pViM
2023-7-15
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Peter51 Posted at 7-15 01:24
https://youtu.be/NuEvPw0pViMMy attempt

Congratulations Peter on your first attempt.

I have attached my gauges for your use.

Feel free to contact me if you require any further help.

Enjoy Pleomax

Gauges.zip

1.61 MB, Down times: 5

2023-7-15
Use props
Peter51
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you soooooo much, Pleomax, It is a great pleasure to have met you!
Last questions for the moment: Do you have a DataProfile for the gauges? Which Flight CSV do YOU use?
2023-7-15
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Peter51 Posted at 7-15 03:17
Thank you soooooo much, Pleomax, It is a great pleasure to have met you!
Last questions for the moment: Do you have a DataProfile for the gauges? Which Flight CSV do YOU use?

Here you go Peter.
I used PhantomHelp csv the 2020 download version but should still work with the latest PhantomHelp csv version.
Haven't used Dashware for the last few years been developing a flight display addin using Excel which is almost complete.

The attachment has the DataProfile and the DataTypes files.

Nice to have met you, good luck.

Pleomax

DataProfile - DataTypes.zip

3.4 KB, Down times: 9

2023-7-15
Use props
Peter51
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you, Pleomax, for your continued support. I believe I can understand a lot now.
I greatly admire your work. How much time...
Of course, I have already seen and admired your Excel Flight Display. Dynamic data in Excel! Impressive.
I will try to fulfill my needs in Dashware for now. Thanks to your help, it's more enjoyable!
Have a great weekend!
Peter

2023-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules