Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to use Dashware with your DJI Videos - Tutorial
603 16 2020-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301903 ft
United States

In this video I am teaching how to use Dashware, add the Custom DJI Profiles from scratch and you will be able to overlap the DJI fly logs telemetry on your videos.
  • You will need your DJI Fly logs and the video you recorded or you can use the sample that I am including for practice.
  • You will need the software Dashware that is free, you can download it here:  Dashware Download - DashWare
  • You will need the modified templates that I am including here or in this linkDashware - Google Drive
There are much more we can modify but we can discuses here at the forum as people start making questions.
Please if you like the tutorial, subscribe to my channel.

Thanks to 120ccpm for his hard work !!

The outcome video

2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there ZeuS-FL. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this informative video you have created. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2020-12-9
Use props
Looks Good
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150771 ft
China

amazing,super
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 1981040 ft
Netherlands

Very interesting stuff!
2020-12-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

Excellent tutorial!  
2020-12-10
Use props
videoeditman
First Officer
Flight distance : 1018432 ft
United States

I recently downloaded Dashware, and did not get too far. this should be very helpful thank you!
2020-12-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 7837247 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing, very interesting
2020-12-10
Use props
Pleomax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, just another use for Dashware as a diagnostic tool.

Lets you see in real time what happened.
Unfortunately my phantom wasn't recovered.
2020-12-10
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
United States

That was a nice template. Can you share the gauges? Also how are you using to measured the Downlink and video feed?
2020-12-10
Use props
Pleomax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

ZeuS-FL Posted at 12-10 15:38
That was a nice template. Can you share the gauges? Also how are you using to measured the Downlink and video feed?

Thanks

Dji Flight records don't show signal data but if you check the records carefully you will find gaps in the timeline data column OSD.flyTime eg 24.6 - 25.1 showing that 4 data packets have been dropped. The gauge counts these dropped packets. This only works for data coming from the AC not going to the AC. The signals going to the AC are only estimated in relation to the dropped data packets - a bit of a cheat I know but AirData UAV uses a similar approach.
Litchi Flight records do show signal data and the gauge can use this data for a Litchi flight.

I can share the gauges. Which ones do you want? Some require extra configured data columns.
2020-12-11
Use props
Tensobon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13829 ft
Germany

my data files do not show any telemetry data - any hints ?
2-3 11:54
Use props
Tensobon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13829 ft
Germany

my data files do not show any telemetry data - any hints ?
2-3 11:58
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
United States

I will be checking this.
2-4 14:38
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30459 ft
Austria

Hi!
I am using RaceRender - how exactly do I get the telemetry data of a certain flight? These are apparently not stored in the video itself (as is the case with GoPro, for example) ...
So I have to load it separately to the video - just how do I get this data?
2-4 23:44
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
United States

You need the flying logs from DJI. You can get it from your phone or device.
The easiest way for me is getting it from Airdata.com creating a free account. They download the file for you synchronizing from the DJI servers. Is a process that you need to setup only one time. Air data will provide a token for your account and you need to enter the token in your DJI Fly or DJI GO application. Even Litchi, Dronelink, Dronedeploy and others support this.

2-6 09:27
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

Thanks - I'll try this!
2-7 00:24
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

Processed with RaceRender.
Copy the TXT file of the desired flight from the directory DJI / dji.go.v5 / FlightRecord from the Android mobile phone to the PC and upload it to  https://app.airdata.com/  , convert it to a CSV file and save it on the PC.
Import video and CSV files into RaceRender, adjust the timing and "decorate" with GPS overlays as desired ...

Attehtion: This Video is not public - only for yor eys!
2-7 08:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules