Lightroom RAW 360 Pano Sphere Errors and wont stitch
2756 7 2020-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zerocool321
lvl.1
United States

Well hello everyone,

So here is what I have to say about this. I went out and took 5 360° sphere panos with my DJI Mavic Pro 2. I tried to bring them into Lightroom and make a pano out of the RAW DNG high rez photos. LR was unable to merge these and errored out within a minute. So I removed the shot that looks 90° down. BOOM it worked but there was a massive hole in the bottom of the picture (DUH right!) DJI supplies a sky replacement on the stitched JPG. There is a ton of picture that is just gone because the gimble can't look up (again DUH). Is there a way to add this "sky replacement" thing so that LR will stitch the rest of the DNGs?

I am looking for a workflow that allows me to add a picture(s) so that I can get the 2:1 equirectangular 360° pano. I want the high quality RAW DNGs stitched together and be able to add the missing sky so the pano looks right. or at least something that will allow me to get the perfect 2:1 VR 360° photo so I can import to Cloudpano.  

TL;DR
I want to use the RAW DNG over the JPG cuz image quality.
Add photos or something at the top of the pano so it will stitch in Lightroom. I want all that high rez 360º goodness.

Thanks  

2020-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are on Windows there is a free MS tool called Microsoft ICE that should be able to stick the images.
2020-12-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heres a link to the MS download site.  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52459
2020-12-10
Use props
zerocool321
lvl.1
United States

So I tried the above mentioned software and the stich went great. But holly hell its just as bad as the DJI JPG. If you zoom in to the pano it get really bad really fast but the specific image is so crisp. I would love to retain this quality.

2020-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The 360 stitching process makes a lot of bad distortion and changes in post that ruins the quality of the photo.
I use autopano giga (discontinued, but you can probably find it in some places cracked) that seems to be the best choice for many occasions.
In this particular case you are way too low for the stitching software to compensate for the change in perspective.
So you will end up with weird overlapping edges which cause blurry parts.

Sky replacement is done by hand by me.
2020-12-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zerocool321 Posted at 12-10 11:32
So I tried the above mentioned software and the stich went great. But holly hell its just as bad as the DJI JPG. If you zoom in to the pano it get really bad really fast but the specific image is so crisp. I would love to retain this quality.

[view_image]

This forums down scales images to be quite small so its hard to tell.   Have you tried uploading it to your sky pixel account.
2020-12-11
Use props
zerocool321
lvl.1
United States

I finally found the video that helped me out. If you're interested in what i was asking take a look at this

https://youtu.be/6qn0RSTrSt0
2020-12-14
Use props
djiuser_UYvHghMM6cg1
lvl.1

Japan

You can switch to using lightroom mod apk at techbigs.com to edit your own quality photos.
2021-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules