Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2020.12.10
  • Firmware: v01.10.00.40
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.5.4
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.5.4

What’s New?
  • Optimized color for a more realistic and vivid color performance.
  • Optimized auto exposure algorithm.
  • Optimized functions of QS button. Press once to switch between front screen and touchscreen camera view (press and hold to switch screens during recording). Press once and then again to change shooting modes. Press and hold to access playback. It is now more convenient to access playback when underwater or when there is a case mounted on the camera.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart Osmo Action and DJI Mimo, and retry. Alternatively, download the latest firmware from the official DJI website to a microSD card to update.

2020-12-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Good thing is FW 1.10.00.40    is out and hope it corrected issues WE ALL ASKED  for, NOT!  can not wait for FW 1.11.00 .50 to come outand that the Mods and admins add in the firmware to their page when they release notes the same day

2.png
2020-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2020-12-10
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

4K/60 seem to be gone ?

Untill i did a factory reset that is
2020-12-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI can you explain to us what temp thrhreashold High temp and low temp is  does that mean if I put on high temp the camera will Love the heat, and low temp it love the cold, you simply love leaving detail out !!  I notice some drain doing a few minutes of talk and going through this 5% lost like that.

2020-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any inquiries about the DJI Osmo Action. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2020-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-10 20:06
Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any inquiries about the DJI Osmo Action. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.

So far no questions
2020-12-10
Use props
Hamza.f
lvl.1
Iraq

hi i have updated to 1.10 but i have notice an exposure flicker when moving between a low light area to a bright one for example (pointing the camera to my face then point it to a lamp) i see the screen getting brighter and darker this only happen when Rocksteady is On and the exposure is on auto i got the most severe exposure stepping on 2.7k 4:3 with Rocksteady On i saw the shutter speed changing from 1/100 to 1/50 that what caused the flicker in brightness

i suggests to have more exposure compensation when rocksteady is ON this will definitely makes the exposure value transition gradually  for example ( let say i am in a darker room the camera does it's best with a high iso of 3200 and low shutter speed of 1/30  then when i move a brighter area it goes to 1/50 , 1/60 ,1/70 then 1/100 ) this will solve the issue with rocksteady

Ps: i got it to happen on 2.7k 16:9 and 4k 16:9 Rocksteady ON with less sever results !

but right now with the 1.10 update 2.7k with Rocksteady ON  it go straight from 1/50 to 1/100

my settings was auto with max iso of 3200 on 2.7k 30 4:3 with rocksteady ON

2020-12-11
Use props
kan_i2003yahoo.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44150 ft
United States

The latest firmware is not available for download on the website
2020-12-12
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

Does someone have a high battery drain after the update? 15min rec in 2.7k 60fps rocksteady on drain 35% of the battery. There is also a high battery drain in the Idle.
2020-12-12
Use props
Charvel
lvl.4
Poland

A year and a half is not enough to add such a simple function as a timestamp on a video/photograph ? We have a million variations to use the QS key (I wonder if you need it at all), but something like a timestamp is something you can't ask for for months. First and last camera from DJI.
2020-12-13
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Charvel Posted at 12-13 17:26
A year and a half is not enough to add such a simple function as a timestamp on a video/photograph ? We have a million variations to use the QS key (I wonder if you need it at all), but something like a timestamp is something you can't ask for for months. First and last camera from DJI.

Why foy you need a timestamp for?
2020-12-14
Use props
spitfirePT
lvl.2

Portugal

Funny updates, the stupid audio problem for motovlogs still not fixed.

Stupid action cam on 2020 with this bad audio.

No way to control gain
2020-12-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Again I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-12-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Now we all have  the backscreen DELAY! what gave DJI you have a sorry for the troubles  post or  we'll get May 2021 firmware out  in APril 2021

2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Thanks for the update
2020-12-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

3-Days later issues with the site. zipfolder not working.  
2020-12-17
Use props
Charvel
lvl.4
Poland

Alien433 Posted at 12-14 00:29
Why foy you need a timestamp for?

Because I want
2020-12-17
Use props
djiuser_kCrOsqHggMsA
lvl.1

Croatia

How about 720p with 24-25 fps Rocksteady for some of us who take long videos on motocycle touring. It just takes forever to upload the video of 45 gigabytes to the phone... Or if possible add h.265 compression if the chipset supports it....
2020-12-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Listen to the customer,  a support site nothing more they do not even give support when needed, 720P  is now dedicated to slow-mo, and live stream not filming like it was meant to be.  They want to Compete with GoPro well show them what you got DJI 720P for video.
2020-12-21
Use props
Mountain Clips
lvl.1
Italy

Hamza.f Posted at 12-11 05:02
hi i have updated to 1.10 but i have notice an exposure flicker when moving between a low light area to a bright one for example (pointing the camera to my face then point it to a lamp) i see the screen getting brighter and darker this only happen when Rocksteady is On and the exposure is on auto i got the most severe exposure stepping on 2.7k 4:3 with Rocksteady On i saw the shutter speed changing from 1/100 to 1/50 that what caused the flicker in brightness

i suggests to have more exposure compensation when rocksteady is ON this will definitely makes the exposure value transition gradually  for example ( let say i am in a darker room the camera does it's best with a high iso of 3200 and low shutter speed of 1/30  then when i move a brighter area it goes to 1/50 , 1/60 ,1/70 then 1/100 ) this will solve the issue with rocksteady

I quote this.

same experience, when using auto mode (both with RS  activated or deactivated) the shutter speed and also ISO settings make huge jumps.
On firmware 1.9 it worked really smooth, now on 1.10 you can see exposure gaps (or jumps) when moving the camera across a scene.  

Not only this: when using auto mode with the new firmware, it often starts with higher shutter speed than needed, resulting in a darker image:
for example, if a scene in manual mode is ok with ISO 400 and shutter 1/30,  
auto mode instead is setting up 400 ISO and 1/100 or 1/120 making a very dark shot.

this bug often force me to switch between auto mode and manual mode until the camera make a proper reading in auto mode.

very annoying, it wasn't happening with 1.9 firmware.

(**AUTO MODE PICTURE shutter setting is 1/100, sorry for typos)

2020-12-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DEWARP in Livestream is Awesome  how to youtube live stream

2020-12-23
Use props
issac pro
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the firmware update. However, I am facing overheat issue for the first time. Never saw the screen telling me that the osmo action is overheating and the LCD screen is turning off. Not sure if it has to do with the firmware update.
2020-12-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

issac pro Posted at 12-23 09:00
Thanks for the firmware update. However, I am facing overheat issue for the first time. Never saw the screen telling me that the osmo action is overheating and the LCD screen is turning off. Not sure if it has to do with the firmware update.

what is the Temp threshold set to Low?
2020-12-23
Use props
issac pro
lvl.1
United States

Is that what it is used for? To control the temperature of the camera? I thought it was about the screen image temperature
2020-12-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

a excellent question. never turned it  high or low so I apologize if I was steering you wrong,

DJI  can not do a full firmware note   go-figure
2020-12-24
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

issac pro Posted at 12-24 09:41
Is that what it is used for? To control the temperature of the camera? I thought it was about the screen image temperature

Unfortunately this new setting is completely undocumented. It being related to color temperature for auto white balance makes more sense (like shifting the bias to one side) , but then it should have been in the white balance settings, not general settings.

Well, it is Christmas, time for miracles; maybe someone from DJI will clraify

2020-12-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I call it Warm and Blue  but  like said undoc'd
2020-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I still notice and its a great improvement if asked to see the video of the issue I had on fw 1.09

2020-12-25
Use props
Hamza.f
lvl.1
Iraq

Mountain Clips Posted at 12-22 10:52
I quote this.

same experience, when using auto mode (both with RS  activated or deactivated) the shutter speed and also ISO settings make huge jumps.

Yea this is exactly what i were talking about thanks for making it clear for them hope they fix this
2020-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

The Temp threshhold can easily be figured out when you set it to Low
2020-12-28
Use props
Bushin58
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21450 ft
United Kingdom

Try voice command to start recording.  
Since I updated to firmware: v01.10.00.40 it defaults to 4K/30p if you use voice command.  I usually record in 2K/60p, however, if I use voice command it will stitch to 4K/30p.

2020-12-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I just tried at 4K60 works Perfect. I refresh your firmware.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_tClI2DCpqIJC
lvl.1
Sweden

CyclingTwoVlogger Posted at 12-12 14:08
Does someone have a high battery drain after the update? 15min rec in 2.7k 60fps rocksteady on drain 35% of the battery. There is also a high battery drain in the Idle.

Hey, did you managed to solve the issue i am alos having similar issue as yours.

2020-12-29
Use props
TheCliffhanger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 269295 ft
Greece

What about the voice commands? I have seen some videos in which the commands are not properly working
2020-12-31
Use props
Mountain Clips
lvl.1
Italy

<empty comment>
2020-12-31
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

djiuser_tClI2DCpqIJC Posted at 12-29 16:32
Hey, did you managed to solve the issue i am alos having similar issue as yours.

No. There is still a huge btt drain if you compare it to 1.9 , 30% for 15min on 2.7k 60fps. Even with fresh firmware.
Also got something new, the camera sometimes FREEZES exactly as GoPro. Looks like 1.10 is too much for OA chipset. Going to downgrade to 1.9.
2020-12-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2021-1-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

4K 8 sec interval Awesome. soon as I  do 4K60 video 20 minutes Overheat screen shutting down 43% battery life on about an hours time out filming  I say that is AWESOME!
2021-1-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Temp threshold at high: 40 degree weather,  video failed to record past 1 minute plus Lol
2021-1-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules