Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RS2 + A7S III + RavenEye/ActiveTrack
9541 33 2020-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

Hey Dji and others!

Hopefully i'm just missing something here...but I STILL can not get the video to properly transmit from my A7S iii to the Raveneye to my phone. Force mobile and virtual joystick word...but camera settings are not controllable and the image does not transmit.

As far as cables...I know i'm in the correct configuration..- HDMI from Sony A7siii to Raven eye
- Sony Multi control from Sony A7siii to Mini HDMI of Raveneye
- USB C from power connection to the bottom port of the RS2 (on the tilt axis)

It has worked 1 time before...but only 1..and i'm trying to get that back. I swear it can all work together but what am I doing wrong?? I've canged every potential setting but the one time it did work I *know* I was transmitting a 4k image as well so I don't think the comment of "just set it to 1080p" is valid.

Any help is appreciated and thank you!

Joe
2020-12-10
Use props
SkyPod
lvl.3
United States

Sounds like you have the cables mixed up.
2020-12-10
Use props
SkyPod
lvl.3
United States

Try this.

HDMI from Sony A7siii to Raven eye.
Raveneye to RS2
Sony Multi control from Sony A7siii to RS2.

2020-12-10
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

Hey SkyPod - I tried that and its how it was connected before.

HDMI from Sony A7siii to Raven eye mini-HDMI port
Raveneye Lighting bolt connector (the side with only one connector) to the 3rd slot/bottom slot on the tilt axis of the RS2
Sony multi control cable from Sony A7siii to top slot on tilt axis of RS2 (the RSS / camera icon slot)

I'm able to control the RS2/camera with force mobile/virtual joystick...but yeah I can't see the output. I've tried what seems like every single combination...

Do you have the A7siii and Rs2/raveneye and could post an image of it? HEre are the connections from mine

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
2020-12-11
Use props
SkyPod
lvl.3
United States

Yes I have the a7s iii. From your pics it looks like all of your cables are hooked up correctly. If your app is making connection to the RS2 and you're not getting a picture on your mobile device I would guess it's a Raven eye connection issue. If the Raven eye is working properly you should be able to swipe down on the RS2's led screen and see the camera view on that screen.
2020-12-11
Use props
djiuser_BYNpaC55mGP6
lvl.1

United States

Had this issue. Had to turn off wifi
2020-12-14
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

Tried calling DJI and they straight up just told me it was because the A7Siii wasn't compatible... what horse ....

Turning off wifi doesn't do anything but turn off the wifi..not sure how that would help :/
2020-12-15
Use props
Samurwa
New

Canada

ImproveWithJoe Posted at 2020-12-15 08:32
Tried calling DJI and they straight up just told me it was because the A7Siii wasn't compatible... what horse ....

Turning off wifi doesn't do anything but turn off the wifi..not sure how that would help :/

I have the same issue with A7Siii. All cables connected correctly and I was able to see the camera screen on my phone. But i cannot use mobile force or joy stick because they are not activated. I tried to check on youtube, but no results. So now what?
2021-3-2
Use props
Tristan Fudge
New

United Kingdom

I'm having a similar issue with my A7RIV, I have all the correct cables setup. I cant seem to get the feed to my phone but I am able to use the mobile joystick and force joystick. Ive watched videos and they say to put the Sony Cameras into the USB Connection mode to PC Remote but on the A7RIV there isn't an option on that specific page. I'm not sure what to do!
2021-3-31
Use props
djiuser_vKGhpg86kCAf
New
Italy

I had the same issue on my Sony alpha 7m2.
Then I discovered that issue due from the way of swtiching on the devices:
1. Ronin s2
2. Raveneye
3. Camera

Once you switch on the camera, you will see a green confirmation on s2 display.
Hope works for you guys.
2021-4-3
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Canada

ImproveWithJoe Posted at 2020-12-15 08:32

A7S3 is compatible with the RS2, it’s NOT 100% compatible with the RavenEye... kind of stupid that it is for one but not the other... I actually have to connect the multi cable AND USB-C cable to the A7S3 to be able to control from the gimbal and the app... I also get an issue where if I go to power on the A7S3 after connecting the cables, the A7S3 won’t power on at all... oh, and active track with the A7S3 is pretty much non functional to top it all off...

For blank screen on A7S3, make sure it’s set to PC Remote in USB settings, and check again
2021-5-16
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Samurwa Posted at 3-2 23:49
I have the same issue with A7Siii. All cables connected correctly and I was able to see the camera screen on my phone. But i cannot use mobile force or joy stick because they are not activated. I tried to check on youtube, but no results. So now what?

My issues are a few:

1. I have to connect both the USB-C to USB-C (RS2 to A7S3) cable and the USB-C to Sony Multi cable (RavenEye to A7S3) to be able to control the camera from both the app and the gimbal
2. When I do #1, I can’t power on the A7S3, I can only have the HDMI cable plugged into the A7S3 when I power it on. If I do, I have to unplug both USB cables from the A7S3 and remove/replace the battery from the A7S3.
3. Active Track doesn’t work with $h!t - period! I’ve tried with S-Cinetone profile, and with picture profiles turned off completely - I’ve tried with a variety of subjects, and same results each time... can draw a box around the subject, shows it highlighted in the green box, tracks for maybe 2 seconds and then starts to go haywire like it’s searching...

So frustrated
2021-6-4
Use props
BoxedSoul
lvl.3
Canada

BoxedSoul Posted at 6-4 06:03
My issues are a few:

1. I have to connect both the USB-C to USB-C (RS2 to A7S3) cable and the USB-C to Sony Multi cable (RavenEye to A7S3) to be able to control the camera from both the app and the gimbal

So, update time... thought just for the sake of testing, I would try the RS2 with my older Sony a6400 (which IS on the RavenEye compatibility list) and well, tracking is a tiny bit better, 4-5 seconds before it loses tracking... and even worse, with the USB-C to Sony Multi from RavenEye to a6400, I can’t control anything on the a6400 from the RS2, most importantly, start/stop recording! Seriously starting to think I have a defective RavenEye unit...

Come on RS2, RavenEye and A7S3 users... somebody must have some luck with this combo... I am starting to regret getting the A7S3 over a Canon R6 or a BMPCC 6K Pro
2021-6-5
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

here a video to plug a7s3 cables: http://rudproductions.com/plug_a7s3_cables.zip
here settings file of my a7s3: http://rudproductions.com/Sony.zip
and here picture of dji firmware
2021-6-8
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

My A7S3 on RS2 Run like a charm this way no problems
2021-6-8
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

RUD_fr Posted at 6-8 04:20
My A7S3 on RS2 Run like a charm this way no problems

Darn! RUD_fr I got so excited that this combo would work but it hasn't... do you mind reaching out to me on Instagram at Joe.Peluso.Media? I just want to make sure i'm not doing anything different..

I imported your saved settings file, confirmed the firmware versions are all the same, connected all cables correctly as I have been, turned it on in correct order (RS2 -> raveneye -> camera)..and still nothing. I get a blue light and can control it the direction but can't see the image on my phone.

MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated if you can reach out and help me resolve this!
2021-6-8
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

The fact that a DJI support tech/employee hasn't commented on this thread is pretty telling as well. They either A) Don't care, or B) are working on it... but communication from them is non-existent...so not sure what to do at this point?
2021-6-8
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

my phone is android based samsung note 9, there is no order power to me for that run normally, i can power as i want, that always runs normally. Hopefully my rs2 and a7s3 run normally since beginning. i have only one problem with zebra on my note 9 but color can replace zebra.
2021-6-8
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

ImproveWithJoe Posted at 6-8 11:47
Darn! RUD_fr I got so excited that this combo would work but it hasn't... do you mind reaching out to me on Instagram at Joe.Peluso.Media? I just want to make sure i'm not doing anything different..

I imported your saved settings file, confirmed the firmware versions are all the same, connected all cables correctly as I have been, turned it on in correct order (RS2 -> raveneye -> camera)..and still nothing. I get a blue light and can control it the direction but can't see the image on my phone.

did you try on android system ?
2021-6-8
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

RUD_fr Posted at 6-8 13:40
did you try on android system ?

Yep :/ I have an iphone 11 and Samsung note 8 and neither work with the active track/neither display the actual video from the camera to the phone.

Its clearly a firmware/hardware issue on DJI's side that they're just not putting the time/effort into.

Def reach out to me on IG if you don't mind! Would love to see your process from start to finish if ya dont mind.
2021-6-9
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

ImproveWithJoe Posted at 6-9 06:17
Yep :/ I have an iphone 11 and Samsung note 8 and neither work with the active track/neither display the actual video from the camera to the phone.

Its clearly a firmware/hardware issue on DJI's side that they're just not putting the time/effort into.

here is my process:
http://rudproductions.com/powerRS2.zip
2021-6-9
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

Yep - i'm doing the exact same process and the image just never shows up on my phone.

CALLING DJI REP TO CHIME IN AND HELPPPPP
2021-6-9
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

sorry for you.... you mobile phone is connected by wifi with raveneye ? no problem with password?
2021-6-9
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

RUD_fr Posted at 6-9 08:29
sorry for you.... you mobile phone is connected by wifi with raveneye ? no problem with password?

I appreciate the sentiment! Its been extremely frustrating for me and honestly I'm almost at the point of just selling at DJI products and being done with them.

Mobile phone is connected by wifi with raveneye. Reset password/etc before (from default 12345678) and confirmed its correct.. Tried both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz but nothing seems to help/change. When I *first* attached everything back in December....it worked for 2 minutes (and I have the same set up now as when I did then...settings/etc/etc...and it won't work). It has to be on the software/firmware side of it which is frustrating AF because thats not under my control.
2021-6-9
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

look the raveneye led at the begining it is red next blu and finally green when connected with phone
2021-6-9
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

RUD_fr Posted at 6-9 08:32
look the raveneye led at the begining it is red next blu and finally green when connected with phone

Nope. It starts red then goes blue (I can control force mobile but thats it)...but it never gets to green.
2021-6-9
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

huummm so your android device isn't connected to raveneye... send back your raveneye to DJI or try another android device to be completly shur it is not your device.
2021-6-9
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

RUD_fr Posted at 6-9 08:43
huummm so your android device isn't connected to raveneye... send back your raveneye to DJI or try another android device to be completly shur it is not your device.

Already sent one back to DJI and they sent me a "new" one. I've tried multiple phones as well so yeah imo it comes down the raveneye.

Its interesting because it literally says the A7S III is  not compatible...but you've obv found a combo that works somehow...
2021-6-9
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

i understand you, it is incredible... but i m not the only one lucky with rs2 and a7s3...
2021-6-9
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

RUD_fr Posted at 6-9 10:00
i understand you, it is incredible... but i m not the only one lucky with rs2 and a7s3...

Well...i'm open to any other insights from the audience or DJI XD

I've tried it hundreds of times at this point and each time it fails lol
2021-6-9
Use props
OdeToLight
lvl.1

Canada

check your external output settings (toolbox menu> item number 11)
HDMI resolution: Auto
HDMI info display: off
CTRL for HDMI: On

Then enter HDMI Output settings >
Rec media dur HDMI output: on
Output resolution: Auto
Raw Output: off
Time code output: off
4ch audio output: CH1/CH2

Ctrl w Smartphone needs to be off, PC remote needs to be on,

Hope this helps,
works fine for me using
A7sIII, DJI RS2, Samsung A51 or galaxy tab A

2021-6-18
Use props
Chimichangaz
New
Flight distance : 28986 ft
Switzerland

OdeToLight Posted at 6-18 19:06
check your external output settings (toolbox menu> item number 11)
HDMI resolution: Auto
HDMI info display: off

Thanks OdeToLight, this settings worked for my A7sIII with an Iphone 11
2021-8-24
Use props
naaandmanz
New

Bangladesh

I use an A7C with RS2, also not compatible to record using RS2 buttons. But as long as your Raveneye RSS cable is connected to the top port on the RS2, active track always works.

Camera USB C port is only good for charging through the bottom port on RS2. You can connect it on the top port of the RS2 for record button to work, you obviously sacrifice raveneye functionality (activetrack) if you do that.
2021-11-3
Use props
sellenbuerengmx.ch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 465833 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

There is an easy solution: Put HDMI output from 1080i to 1080p
2021-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now