How is the time and date set?
5044 3 2020-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ou7rigg3r999
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure why it hasn't occurred to me before but how is the time and date set for the Osmo Pocket? I've been trying out a Windows program called PhotoMove which looks at a volume and then automatically creates folders and subfolders based on parameters you set and EXIF data; moving the photos/videos into those folders. I just took some video the other day but it created folders in 2016 to store them strangely enough. I looked at the EXIF data and for some reason the video has 2016 dates. Normally I wouldn't have noticed if I were manually moving video over myself however it prompted me to look at how the time and date are set and I can't figure it out.

Can someone enlighten me on what's going on here?

Thanks,
Scott
2020-12-10
Use props
Ou7rigg3r999
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

OK, so I found the same question in this forum which hasn't been answered from 2019. It's a pretty big issue if the time/date stamp isn't correct. Further, I can't see any way of double checking what the Pocket thinks the time and date is since it's not on any internal screen to the device nor when you plug it into the phone app.

Here's the other thread:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-178299-1-1.html

Please take a look at this specifically for the Osmo Pocket and give us both manual control over this and an indicator of what it thinks in the date and time.

Thanks...
2020-12-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does the date and time not sync with Internet time when you connect your phone and Mimo App at home?
2020-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Scott. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please make sure to sync and adjust your settings in a correct date and time. In addition, there is a built-in clock in the DJI Osmo Pocket, and it will synchronize the time whenever the DJI Osmo Pocket is used with a mobile phone. If the DJI Osmo Pocket has not been connected with a mobile device for a long time, then the time shown on the Osmo Pocket will not be correct. The clock's time will synchronize again when the DJI Osmo Pocket is connected with a mobile device. Thank you.
2020-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules