Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Yaw Shake Rattle and Roll 50%
466 1 2020-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BaysBrass
New

United States

Hey DJI Hivemind,
   I've come across a couple of threads with a similar issue but what I'm needed help with is assessing if I need to replace the yaw motor or if it's something that could be fixed with software.

This past summer I crashed my beloved drone for the first time and it took quite the tumble, to make matters worse the SD card was full at the time. After a swap of the blades and a quick once over cosmetic damage seemed to be the only issue. When I turned on the drone I got the rattle and yaw shakes that some others have mentioned. Still flew fine. Could record footage but it just came out with a small shake, not too usuable.

After combing the internet and a couple of youtube videos. I ran an IMU calibration which helped take out A LOT of the shaking but still got juuuuust a little. I went to run a gimbal calibration and it repeatedly would get stuck at 50%. The camera looks like it's slightly off center and the shake seems like maybe it's the arm trying to return back to it's natural spot.

So the question is, is there a software fix that could help finish the gimbal calibration and clear the issue OR is the gimbal calibration failing because of a hardware issue and I start by replacing the yaw motor?

Attached footage of the slight shakes, the faintest of buzzes accompanies it.

https://youtu.be/NIMN2sKWldg
2020-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BaysBrass. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before on your DJI Drone and you and know experiencing this issues. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules