Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
European CE label
1145 7 2020-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ivybec
First Officer
Flight distance : 261932 ft
Belgium

??? Questions for DJI ???

I was considering buying a DJI Mini 2 but with new European regulations it will require proper CE category labels on the drones.
There is a "die out" period till 2023 and then "old" drones will be Class 3 A3 with more flying limitations.
I own a marvelous DJI Mavic Air and is now a Class 1 A1 (Europe)... till 2023?
DJI Mini 2 is now a Class 0 A1 drone... till 2023?

Will DJI provide a proper label and/or firmware upgrade to comply to European regulations?
For which drones: mini, mavic(s), air, air 2, mini 2, ...
2020-12-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2164990 ft
Netherlands

For a <250g you don't need a CE label.
They will be allowed to fly in A1. Even after the transition period.
That is at least how the Dutch version reads.

As of now there is no CE Cx drone available as the EU has not made the requirements yet.
So the only drone out there right now is actually a Mini 2 that is allowed to fly in A1 after 2023

This is exactly why I bought it!

Plus you don't need a licence to fly it.
Just a registration.
2020-12-11
Use props
TDZHDTV
First Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

You are not able to retrospectively certify and existing product, possibly we will see it on the next version.
2020-12-11
Use props
Ivybec
First Officer
Belgium

Dear Ivybec,

Thank you for contacting DJI.

The EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency) has not yet finalized the publication of certain standards regarding these regulations.

We are confident that many existing DJI products will be able to obtain CE marking and as such continue to be used also after the transition years. For those products that will not be able to obtain the new CE marking, the transition period provides a gradual phase out – and they will even still be allowed to be used in category C4 after 2022.

As this matter is ongoing, please understand that once the standards have been finalized we will have a better understanding for the usage of your products in the future.

Thanks for choosing DJI and have a nice day!
Thank you for choosing DJI products.

Best regards,

Christian
DJI Technical Support
2020-12-11
Use props
Ivybec
First Officer
Belgium

This means that I will keep my wonderfull flying bird = DJI Mavic Air.
When new technology drones become available with proper CE label in 2023...
.. a DJI mini 3
2020-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2164990 ft
Netherlands

Ivybec Posted at 12-12 01:50
This means that I will keep my wonderfull flying bird = DJI Mavic Air.
When new technology drones become available with proper CE label in 2023...
.. a DJI mini 3

Note that the mini (2) are  <250g and won't require a CE C0 label because it is <  250g.
There is an exception made in the EASA rules for these smaller drones.
So you can fly them after 2023
2020-12-12
Use props
Ivybec
First Officer
Belgium

Right now, up until the new European guidelines are in place, I am flying not legal.
I am only allowed to fly 10 m high on private property (I live in an apartment at the Belgian coast).
I have my drone registered with the Belgian authorities. (RPAS number).
I never had any problems or remarks flying over the beach, dunes, fields, ...never bottering people, following strikt UAV, DJI, Droneguide (Belgian official) maps...
The DJI mavic mini or DJI mini 2 is a solution...
With the new European guidelines, I can do an on-line test and then fly as a registered drone pilot in A1 space.
So, no urgency for me now to replace my beautiful, powerful, reliable,... DJI Mavic Air.
I will wait till the bird gets old (end of 2022) and then new technology drones with proper CE label appear
2020-12-12
Use props
Viam2003
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64698 ft
Belgium

Bonjour
Je viens de voir une vidéo pas très réconfortante concernant le mini/mini 2.
En effet , il parait que le drone dépasse les 250 grammes car il faut tenir en compte les protèges hélices .
Je sais c'est ridicule mais j'espère que cette décision sera changé , vu que la majorité on volent sans protège hélices en extérieur .
Voici le lien de la vidéo ( italie ) .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJR26krc1p4
2021-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules