DJI Fly App
5824 12 2020-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0vi9HihPl5BJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297723 ft
United States

How can I find the software version of the App?  I can't tell if it is up to date if I don't know what it is.
2020-12-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_0vi9HihPl5BJ. You can check the version of the DJI Fly by going to the About menu.

2020-12-11
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

goto the app or playstore and if it says update you have an older version
2020-12-18
Use props
djiuser_0vi9HihPl5BJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297723 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-11 23:46
Hi, djiuser_0vi9HihPl5BJ. You can check the version of the DJI Fly by going to the About menu.

[view_image]

I was hoping there was a way to just open the app on my phone and check the version number.  I guess I have to hook everything up, then power up the drone and controller to check the dji fly app version.
2020-12-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_0vi9HihPl5BJ Posted at 12-18 13:32
I was hoping there was a way to just open the app on my phone and check the version number.  I guess I have to hook everything up, then power up the drone and controller to check the dji fly app version.

You can check the app version without connecting or turning on the aircraft and remote.
2020-12-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi.  I see that you're "new" to the forum.  I have some helpful information about updating the various Apps in the DJI family.  If you learn that your current version is out of date, i.e. an update is availalbe, on either iOS or Android, it's recommended that you first delete the application from your device, then add the latest update.  Simply depending on the App to update itself over the old version has -in many circumstances- caused difficulties.
2020-12-22
Use props
stevetr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 12-22 21:38
Hi.  I see that you're "new" to the forum.  I have some helpful information about updating the various Apps in the DJI family.  If you learn that your current version is out of date, i.e. an update is availalbe, on either iOS or Android, it's recommended that you first delete the application from your device, then add the latest update.  Simply depending on the App to update itself over the old version has -in many circumstances- caused difficulties.

Hi Thanks for this deleted the app (v1.2.1) and reinstalled in the hope I would get new version 1.2.2 but all I got was the same version I already had
2020-12-31
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

stevetr Posted at 2020-12-31 00:04
Hi Thanks for this deleted the app (v1.2.1) and reinstalled in the hope I would get new version 1.2.2 but all I got was the same version I already had

It's likely that your using an Android device.  Those versions routinely are available days or weeks after the iOS versions IF you are doing the d/l from the google play store.

Alternatively you can download the android versions via DJI's website using an APK tool (offered by them).

Here's a link to their download page.  Choose the Fly App then the Android version and follow the prompts.  https://www.dji.com/downloads

2021-1-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

go to the upper corner where the three dots are..
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_oJCOGWTRDLw0
lvl.1

Canada

WebParrot Posted at 1-1 09:27
It's likely that your using an Android device.  Those versions routinely are available days or weeks after the iOS versions IF you are doing the d/l from the google play store.

Alternatively you can download the android versions via DJI's website using an APK tool (offered by them).

Hello there.  When you delete the app and reinstall it, don't you lose all your settings and saved data such as flight logs, etc?  This sounds like a major pain in the butt having to reconfigure and start from scratch for every app update.  

And does anyone know why the new DJI Fly app version 1.2.2 is NOT available on the Google Play Store while previous versions were, even though it's been out for over a week on their web site? Is this a frequent thing that DJI releases Android apps on their web site that are not approved on the Google Play Store?

It's just that I HATE installing apps that are not on the Google Play Store and have not been vetted and approved to be safe and stable, especially when previous versions of the same app were. There is a reason why these stores exist and we don't just install anything from any source.

Thanks and have a nice day!
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_wJjpkYGUALDM
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-12-19 01:07
You can check the app version without connecting or turning on the aircraft and remote.

Hi,

I'm using the RC Pro and I can't seem to check my app version without firing up the drone also.
2022-3-18
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-12-19 01:07
You can check the app version without connecting or turning on the aircraft and remote.

I just had this problem too.  While the above statement is true, this is not as simple as it sounds.  FYI, I just discovered (by randomly playing around) that one possible sequence from DJI Fly startup is:
1) Click "Connection Guide"
2) Click "Camera View" in the upper right
3) Click "..." in the upper right
4) Finally you can click "About," and see "App Version"
-- jclarkw
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jclarkw Posted at 11-25 10:00
I just had this problem too.  While the above statement is true, this is not as simple as it sounds.  FYI, I just discovered (by randomly playing around) that one possible sequence from DJI Fly startup is:
1) Click "Connection Guide"
2) Click "Camera View" in the upper right

Hello, there. Thank you for your additional input and sorry for the inconvenience. You may also check the app version through Profile > Settings > App version is displayed at the bottom page. I hope this information helps.
2023-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules