Video - Fishing Boats, Sunrise and Such
1129 8 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bryanesposito
lvl.2
United States

These are some B-roll shots from the morning takeoff at a fishing tournament in Maryland.

2015-6-30
Use props
KestrelUAS
lvl.1

United States

Awesome video. I wish the inspire had just a little more to offer in low light, But that sunrise...

Mind sharing your camera settings and post production techniques? You really made the footage look high quality despite the limitation of the hardware.
2015-6-30
Use props
bryanesposito
lvl.2
United States

Thanks!

LOG, -2 saturation and -2 contrast

I exposed for the sunrise - I knew the ground would be underexposed. I think I was at 1600 or even 3200 ISO during the opening shots so that my shutter speed didn't have to be set TOO low. I used the Neat Video noise reducer plugin for my editing software to deal with any resulting noise from the high ISO. And then it's just about adding saturation and grading correctly. The new Lumetri panel in Premiere Pro is fantastic for this. I didn't use any LUTs because I just generally don't like the looks they provide.  For some of the shots I added the "warp stabilizer" to stabilize the footage and correct any slightly twitchy shots. I actually tend to do this quite a bit because it helps most shots be smoother -- however, it does make some shots worse. I'm thankful that I have a fast computer, or else it would take a long time to stabilize footage to see what works and what doesn't.
2015-6-30
Use props
stazrich
New

United States

Thank you for sharing. Nice view of Maryland!
2015-6-30
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Excellent!   Great job!
2015-6-30
Use props
bryanesposito
lvl.2
United States

Thanks all!
2015-7-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome! That looks like fun.

Rich
2015-7-4
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant, thanks for sharing.

Regards
Mike.
2015-7-5
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very well done. I am really starting to like shooting over water. My confidence grows with every flight.
2015-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules