Repair request demanding payment for damages not caused by pilot?
662 6 2020-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uRQpIkURQ3gK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had an unfortunate incident with my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. The drone stopped responding to commands within seconds of taking off and crashed into a building about 20 meters away. No response to the controller, obviously none of the obstacle avoidance sensors worked as they should have.

After sending my drone for repair (pretty extensive damage) I am now being quoted EUR 366 for a repair that clearly was not caused by a pilot error.

Can you please let me know who I can contact to resolve this issue? I do not believe I should be reponsible for these repair costs on a 3 months old drone that had clearly malfunctioned.

Thanks in advance.

2020-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the accident with your drone. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, as per check your case number, you didn't apply for data analysis. I'll forward your confusion to the corresponding team to follow up, if the drone is under warranty period, our team will help to apply for data analysis and keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.
2020-12-12
Use props
djiuser_uRQpIkURQ3gK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-12 18:16
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the accident with your drone. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, as per check your case number, you didn't apply for data analysis. I'll forward your confusion to the corresponding team to follow up, if the drone is under warranty period, our team will help to apply for data analysis and keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you.

I should mention though I spoke to a customer rep via chat the day of the crash and described the problem. I was directed to the repair website without any mention of the data analysis option, although I was very clear about the circumstances. And by the way, there was no option when opening a service request to apply for data analysis either.

Just don't believe it's fair or a good tone to design a service request process that doesn't give you the needed information and then pin it on the customer that they didn't do something they were never informed about.

Nothing personal - but perhaps this is feedback you can pass on to the team.
2020-12-12
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

You can choose " Apply for Data Analysis" when submitting a repair request on their website.
2020-12-12
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

Remember to choose "Crash Damage" when their website asking you "What is the issue with your product?", then tick "Product Issue" not " User Error" to apply for data analysis. Hope this helps.
2020-12-12
Use props
djiuser_uRQpIkURQ3gK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fat Panda Posted at 12-12 19:11
[view_image]

Remember to choose "Crash Damage" when their website asking you "What is the issue with your product?", then tick "Product Issue" not " User Error" to apply for data analysis. Hope this helps.

Fat Panda, thank you for the detailed reply but that is not an option when opening a repair case at https://repair.dji.com/.

It could be a regional thing but it doesn't show up as a menu option at all if you're in the UK. Also, I can't help but be a bit miffed that I spoke to a customer rep who didn't mention this as an option at all.

2020-12-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_uRQpIkURQ3gK Posted at 12-12 18:21
Thank you.

I should mention though I spoke to a customer rep via chat the day of the crash and described the problem. I was directed to the repair website without any mention of the data analysis option, although I was very clear about the circumstances. And by the way, there was no option when opening a service request to apply for data analysis either.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'll escalate your situation to the corresponding team, we'll keep moving forward to provide better service for you. If there is an update, I'll let you know. Thanks.
2020-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules