Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
how to lock gimbal?
15678 34 2020-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

The shortcut suggests at 12m 08s doesn't work for me.
The lock icon does come on when I hold the right button but goes away as soon as I release it even when holding over 5 seconds.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Randy
2020-12-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That's how it works.  Hold it down to lock, release to unlock.  Right at the outset it was suggested to DJI that continuous lock would be better for some purposes.  But look on the bright side - the original Pocket wouldn't lock at all unless the extension rod or controller wheel was attached.
2020-12-13
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-13 14:46
That's how it works.  Hold it down to lock, release to unlock.  Right at the outset it was suggested to DJI that continuous lock would be better for some purposes.  But look on the bright side - the original Pocket wouldn't lock at all unless the extension rod or controller wheel was attached.

hmm, for me the icon disappears as soon as I release the button (and the gimbal doesn't lock).
I'm trying it with the do-it-all handle on it but surely that wouldn't matter would it?
2020-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Randy. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video for the DJI Pocket 2. Nice find and thank you for your support.
2020-12-13
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-13 20:01
Hello there Randy. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video for the DJI Pocket 2. Nice find and thank you for your support.

You're welcome...I hope my issue gets resolved
2020-12-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GRandyB Posted at 12-13 14:53
hmm, for me the icon disappears as soon as I release the button (and the gimbal doesn't lock).
I'm trying it with the do-it-all handle on it but surely that wouldn't matter would it?

Well, that's how it works.  While you hold the button down, it locks.  As soon as you release the button, it unlocks.  The video says "press and hold" - perhaps they could have made it clearer that you have to go on holding.  The way it works is fine if you want to momentarily move the handle relative to the gimbal without disturbing the image - for instance, if you think you may be reaching the maximum travel of the gimbal relative to the handle.  But it doesn't help if you want to (for instance) have the gimbal pointing towards a performance area for an extended period, and be able to move the handle around a bit if your arm gets tired.  Actually in that situation an alternative strategy would be to use ActionTrack to lock onto the part of the scene of interest, even though it's not moving.  Having done that you should be able to move the handle a bit without the image getting reframed.

But I agree, it could be improved.
2020-12-13
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks for the feedback.
we will improve this in the next firmware update.
2020-12-14
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

I want to use it as a locked down B cam and I don't want it to follow or move in any way.
What mode/setting should I use?
Thanks,
Randy
2020-12-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

GRandyB Posted at 12-13 20:13
You're welcome...I hope my issue gets resolved

Hi there Randy. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-12-15
Use props
Partorg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206952 ft
Israel

GRandyB Posted at 12-13 14:53
I'm trying it with the do-it-all handle on it but surely that wouldn't matter would it?

Hi.
I have exactly the same issue...
2020-12-23
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I wanna lock the lock too.
2020-12-23
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi For the gimbal lock:
plz upgrade dji pocket 2 firmware to 01.02.00.50. long press mini control stick right button to do the lock

•        Added ability to lock the gimbal when using with the Mini Control Stick. Press and hold the right button of the Mini Control Stick to lock the gimbal and press again to unlock.  
2021-1-5
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 1-5 19:10
Hi For the gimbal lock:
plz upgrade dji pocket 2 firmware to 01.02.00.50. long press mini control stick right button to do the lock

Thank you very much for listening to us and implementing this!!
I will be installing the new version later today but can the gimbal only be locked if one has the mini control stick attached (and not done in mimo app)?
And, if that is the case can one lock the gimbal and then remove the mini control stick and put the usb control to connect a tablet without losing the locked position?
Thanks again,
Randy
2021-1-6
Use props
Partorg
lvl.1
Israel

Hi For the gimbal lock:

Hi.
Looks like still doesn't work...
2021-1-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Partorg Posted at 1-9 03:50
Hi.
Looks like still doesn't work...

Are you using the new firmware?  Do you have the joystick accessory attached (nothing else will do)?  Have you long-pressed the button to the right of the joystick until the lock symbol appears, then release the button?  If you have done all of that and it still doesn't lock, then your joystick accessory may be faulty or not connected properly (detach it and reconnect it).
2021-1-9
Use props
Partorg
lvl.1
Israel

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-9 05:12
Are you using the new firmware?  Do you have the joystick accessory attached (nothing else will do)?  Have you long-pressed the button to the right of the joystick until the lock symbol appears, then release the button?  If you have done all of that and it still doesn't lock, then your joystick accessory may be faulty or not connected properly (detach it and reconnect it).

Hi.
I am using the new firmware.
Lock symbol appears, bot gimbal not locked. A Joystick attached properly, updated and works fine except this function.
Regards
Vladimir
2021-1-10
Use props
Partorg
lvl.1
Israel

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-9 05:12

Also, maybe there is an misunderstanding of  the term "Lock".
I except that gimbal will keep it's position , when I am turning the camera left or right. Not locking on current object.
2021-1-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Partorg Posted at 1-10 01:03
Also, maybe there is an misunderstanding of  the term "Lock".
I except that gimbal will keep it's position , when I am turning the camera left or right. Not locking on current object.

You may be right - this could be a misunderstanding.  The gimbal lock mode is one of the four modes available on the camera. FPV means the lens will follow all movements of the handle, like a normal camera.  "Follow Mode" means that the horizon is locked but all other axes will follow the handle.  "Tilt Lock" is the same, except the tilt down and up axis is locked also, but pan is still possible.  "Full lock" means that all axes are locked including pan, so you can't move the lens in any direction.  "Lock" in all cases means locked relative to the scene in front of you, not locked relative to the handle.
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_bBAKpGovJawL
New
Hungary

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-10 04:01
You may be right - this could be a misunderstanding.  The gimbal lock mode is one of the four modes available on the camera. FPV means the lens will follow all movements of the handle, like a normal camera.  "Follow Mode" means that the horizon is locked but all other axes will follow the handle.  "Tilt Lock" is the same, except the tilt down and up axis is locked also, but pan is still possible.  "Full lock" means that all axes are locked including pan, so you can't move the lens in any direction.  "Lock" in all cases means locked relative to the scene in front of you, not locked relative to the handle.

Oh yes, a small misunderstanding. I actually made my purchase because I read this thread about the possibility of locking, which for me is a must.
I just got it today and will likely be returning it because you cannot lock the gimbal in place. That means no way to use it on shaky ground where the gimbal can't keep up with the movement and locking it would be necessary. Think of using it while mounted on moving vehicles.
Unbelievable that this function is not included.
2021-3-9
Use props
sandello
New

Netherlands

+1 to @djiuser_bBAKpGovJawL
Shouldn't be that hard to implement proper gimbal lock.
2021-4-9
Use props
sandello
New

Netherlands

2021-4-9
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

"FPV means the lens will follow all movements of the handle, like a normal camera."
Does anyone else find this to be true?
2021-4-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That's how it works.  Well, there's some damping so the movement of the gimbal slightly lags the movement of the handle, but, for instance, if you tilt the handle sideways the horizon in the video will appear downhill, tilted.  In any other mode, the horizon is locked horizontal.
2021-4-9
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-9 16:02
That's how it works.  Well, there's some damping so the movement of the gimbal slightly lags the movement of the handle, but, for instance, if you tilt the handle sideways the horizon in the video will appear downhill, tilted.  In any other mode, the horizon is locked horizontal.

You're right, I'm just saying there is no lag in a regular camera and there are instances where one wouldn't want that lag.
That said, I very much appreciate the P2 for that super smooth gimbal.
2021-4-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

sandello Posted at 4-9 05:35

But it has a 'proper gimbal lock'.  Each of the three gimbal axes can be locked.

FPV - gimbal is unlocked in all axes relative to the scene, apart from damping of handle moves to give slight stabilisation.

Follow mode - gimbal is locked relative to the horizon, even when the handle is moved from the vertical position.  You can still pan and tilt.

Tilt lock - gimbal is locked in the tilt axis so it doesn't point to the sky or the ground when the handle is tilted forward or back.

Full lock - gimbal is locked in all three axes, including pan.  So within the range of gimbal movement, you can move the handle in all three axes and the gimbal stays put.

If you are saying that you want the Pocket 2 to behave like a GoPro action camera, then perhaps that is the camera you should have purchased.  
2021-4-9
Use props
djiuser_5pflwqOLOrxH
lvl.1

Romania

Hi For the gimbal lock:

I have the latest update. It does not lock it completely.
I need it to LOCK, not move. Stay in the exact position all the time.
2021-8-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_5pflwqOLOrxH Posted at 8-1 23:57
I have the latest update. It does not lock it completely.
I need it to LOCK, not move. Stay in the exact position all the time.

Unfortunately more detail is needed to understand exactly what you mean.  Which gimbal mode are you using?  What happens when you press one of the two buttons which will lock the gimbal to the scene?  Are you moving the handle so much that you exceed the limits of the gimbal?
2021-8-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You can see how well the full lock works in this video.

2021-8-2
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-2 15:29
Unfortunately more detail is needed to understand exactly what you mean.  Which gimbal mode are you using?  What happens when you press one of the two buttons which will lock the gimbal to the scene?  Are you moving the handle so much that you exceed the limits of the gimbal?

I've tried all of the modes and none lock the gimbal into place...as far as wht I mean, think about a regular camera with no gimbal...that is what I mean by locked.
2021-8-2
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-2 15:32
You can see how well the full lock works in this video.

It looks to me like you are using the term lock differently than what I mean.
The demonsration where you are moving the camera all around it looks like it is "locked" onto the subject and moves to keep the target centered like it does on DJI drones.
When I say locked I mean locked to where the gimbal is locked into place and does not move at all...like a camera with no gimbal at all.
2021-8-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That is not what "lock" means with any gimbal system.  The nearest thing to what you are mentioning is when the gimbal is unlocked, in FPV mode, although it is still damped in that mode to add some stabilisation.  To have a camera where the handle and the lens are locked together, you need to purchase any camera which is not a gimbal camera.
For a full explanation of gimbal lock modes, see the following video which was made using the Pocket 1 but most of it applies to the Pocket 2 as well.

2021-8-3
Use props
WouterdeKoster
New

Netherlands

I want all access lock to! (without holding the right button)
2021-8-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

WouterdeKoster Posted at 8-6 13:21
I want all access lock to! (without holding the right button)

Upgrade dji pocket 2 firmware to 01.02.00.50. long press mini control stick right button to do the lock

•        Added ability to lock the gimbal when using with the Mini Control Stick. Press and hold the right button of the Mini Control Stick to lock the gimbal and press again to unlock.
2021-8-6
Use props
-ER-
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58373 ft
Turkey

güncelleme bilgisi çıkmıyor! şu anda hala benim V01.01.00.30 . Bir link ?
2022-9-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

"No update information! currently still my V01.01.00.30 . a link?" - use the Mimo app to update.  The app can be downloaded from the DJI site.
2022-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules