Mavic air 2 camera issues among others
4334 19 2020-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mbetti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51086 ft
United States

Purchased new Mavic in November. Flew it with no issues in First month. In December I notice my IPhone is showing me a camera view that has about a 1 second jerk or lag to it. All my videos have the same jerk to them lately. Today I also have had the camera flash the whole screen in pink and other times it flashed out in white. It doesn't mater what video settings or card I use. I also have this happening on my screen when in photo mode. What ever is going on with the camera is getting worse. Firmware is up to date. I also reinstalled DJI Fly with no change. No crashes or rough handling in its lifetime. I also have had the camera go black while flying and the only way to correct it is to have it return home and restart the drone itself. This happened quite often this month too. At first I thought it happened when switching in the Panoramic modes but now it just happens while flying it too.This same drone the farthest I have been able to fly it is about a mile before loosing reception and having to return it home. Plenty of trees around. I also disable blue tooth, cell, and WiFi. 1/2 mile and reception is getting thin already. I accepted this after reading other's similar problems but the camera issue I have going on now is not going to cut it.
Mike
Iron Mountain, MI

2020-12-13
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
United States

There could be a few thing to check:
Are you using a slow sd card? It can be jerky. You need a very fast U3 card. SanDisk extreme etc. Not ultra.

2. Is your phone old and dated? I've heard of iPhone 6 being too slow to display smooth live view. You can try to transmit only 720p by disabling HD in your transmission.
2020-12-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I used an old card once by mistake and the video in 4K was choppy.  To get smooth video I have U3 A2 is needed.
2020-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mike. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Regarding your concern, could you confirm whether the video you have uploaded is an SD card file or a cached copy? If it's the original file that comes from the SD card, please post the specific SD card that you have tried using including the current phone model you have the DJI Fly installed. In the meantime, you can check whether refreshing your firmware's version might help via the DJI Assistant 2.
2020-12-13
Use props
Mbetti
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-13 23:02
Hi, Mike. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Regarding your concern, could you confirm whether the video you have uploaded is an SD card file or a cached copy? If it's the original file that comes from the SD card, please post the specific SD card that you have tried using including the current phone model you have the DJI Fly installed. In the meantime, you can check whether refreshing your firmware's version might help via the DJI Assistant 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx-r6vEXPgo&t=68s&ab_channel=DJITutorials

The video came off my Ultra card. I viewed the cache version and it is identical with this problem. My phone is an IPhone 8 and is 3 months old. My iPad has the same results when viewing. I never had any of these issues the first couple weeks of use and haven’t changed anything.

Also, even when not recording, my camera view while flying does this same jerking. Dji fly 1.2.1
I will try to reinstall the firmware if it will allow me.

Mike
2020-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mbetti Posted at 12-14 04:52
The video came off my Ultra card. I viewed the cache version and it is identical with this problem. My phone is an IPhone 8 and is 3 months old. My iPad has the same results when viewing. I never had any of these issues the first couple weeks of use and haven’t changed anything.

Also, even when not recording, my camera view while flying does this same jerking. Dji fly 1.2.1

Thanks for the update, Mbetti. Please try to update or refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 then perform a quick test at your soonest convenience. Kindly keep us updated.
2020-12-14
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

If you allow me a advice, I would without hesitation use the warranty and send it to the technical service. A team With so little use and so recent, it is not permissible for these failures. Exercise the guarantee WITHOUT DELAY. Do not look for more reasons or headaches, it is your investment, it is your money and I do not think it will be given to you precisely.
2020-12-14
Use props
Mbetti
lvl.2
United States

Tonight I refreshed the firmware in both drone and radio. I then flew it in garage with no memory card and uploaded this video from cache. Still seeing the same jerking going on. In the video I turn the drone 360 degrees, holding the left stick full travel during  rotation, not making it jerk the way it does in video.

Mike

2020-12-14
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to see your issues with the MA2, but that is a GREAT example of the problem.  A picture (or video) is worth 10,000 words!  Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for resolution.  I hope you or DJI Tech Support can resolve your problem.  Please keep us posted on how it gets resolved.
2020-12-14
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
Malaysia

Mbetti Posted at 12-14 17:46
Tonight I refreshed the firmware in both drone and radio. I then flew it in garage with no memory card and uploaded this video from cache. Still seeing the same jerking going on. In the video I turn the drone 360 degrees, holding the left stick full travel during  rotation, not making it jerk the way it does in video.
https://youtu.be/cUWYFOw9EEg

you don't mean cache as in the cache folder of your fly app, but you mean the internal memory of the drone right?

THat should be fast enough not to have these read write jerks. In that case something is wrong and you should use this video to quickly start a repair ticket under warranty.

All the best.
2020-12-15
Use props
Mbetti
lvl.2
United States

fans01d4f09b Posted at 12-15 06:12
you don't mean cache as in the cache folder of your fly app, but you mean the internal memory of the drone right?

THat should be fast enough not to have these read write jerks. In that case something is wrong and you should use this video to quickly start a repair ticket under warranty.

Case submitted
2020-12-15
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
United States

Let us know the outcome. If you are brave enough, I am hoping you can ask the repair center whether the repair will last or not?
I did not get a good reply from my service center, to be honest.
2020-12-16
Use props
Mbetti
lvl.2
United States

I submitted a case 24 hours ago, no response yet, not sure how quick they are.
Mike
2020-12-16
Use props
SangheiliSpecOp
lvl.1
United States

I'm interested to see how this goes too, I hope you will be back up in the air with no problems soon.
2020-12-16
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I thought it was a bad SD card but if you get that right off the drone memory then that is something else...
2020-12-16
Use props
Mbetti
lvl.2
United States

Submitted a case via email 3 days ago and not a word back yet on a plan.
Mike
2020-12-18
Use props
Onverg
lvl.1

Trinidad and Tobago

How did this turn out. I am experiencing the same problem now.
2022-11-27
Use props
Mbetti
lvl.2
United States

They replaced drone.
2022-11-27
Use props
Onverg
lvl.1

Trinidad and Tobago

Thanks for the response. Glad it worked out that way. Good result! I am out of warranty so sadly that is not an option for me and would most likely have to get it repaired. Did they say whether it was a faulty camera, or sensor? Any ideas?
2022-11-28
Use props
Mbetti
lvl.2
United States

Nothing was said.
2022-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules