Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Power to the raven eye
10415 26 2020-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SilentD1
lvl.2
Denmark

I was under the impression that the usb-C ports would be able to power the devices they were connected to, or at least should. So im wondering why the bottom usb-C port on the RS2 is not able to charge the raven eye while the middle port can. But then the raven eye loses its ability to track.
2020-12-14
Use props
fans620aaf13
New
Netherlands

Hello everyone, today is my first day with the Raven Eye.
I have also noticed that RE has not been charged when it had been connected to the bottom port. It's charging only from the middle USB-C port. RS2 and RE have the last firmware.
The RE is connected via 20cm cable ( with 90 angle) to the bottom port on the RS2. I can use app, can see an image and control my camera (EOS R),  but the RE can't charge.
Somehow the bottom USB C port has no charge option.
Dear DJI, could you please comment what the problem is?

Thank you in advance,
Alex

2020-12-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for reaching out with us. Could you please tell us your camera model that you used with the RS2?

Thanks in advanced.
2020-12-15
Use props
SilentD1
lvl.2
Denmark

I doubt the camera model has anything to do with it since its a power issue between the RS2 and the raveneye module.. but EOS R.. I can add that the port actually delivers power to the raveneye for a total of 2 seconds after turning on the gimbal, and then it stops once the gimbal is active. Im sure it has something to do with the firmware.
2020-12-15
Use props
fans620aaf13
New
Netherlands

I have exactly the same. Raven Eye is charging only 2-3 seconds during boot up process of RS2. My camera is also EOS R, but it's not important I guess.
2020-12-15
Use props
MarkDL
lvl.4
Italy

I Have the the same problem, After 2-3 sec. the raven stop to charge. When you could fix this issue?
2020-12-19
Use props
djiuser_zDcnvSZRFVWG
New
New Zealand

I have this exact same issue and it’s so frustrating. The videos and manual is so brief and it’s really confusing. I’ve wasted hours and hours trying to get it to charge in use, I’m glad it’s not just me having this issue. I updated the firmware and same issue still. Why do dji say it charges from the gimbal in use when it doesn’t?! Please respond DJI! Thanks
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_qdTDQKT652eK
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_zDcnvSZRFVWG Posted at 2020-12-27 21:51
I have this exact same issue and it’s so frustrating. The videos and manual is so brief and it’s really confusing. I’ve wasted hours and hours trying to get it to charge in use, I’m glad it’s not just me having this issue. I updated the firmware and same issue still. Why do dji say it charges from the gimbal in use when it doesn’t?! Please respond DJI! Thanks

Any word on this issue?
2021-1-9
Use props
Taszz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25633 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem. Only charge with the middle usb port.
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_c6eppUy2bl4f
lvl.1
Finland

No charging from the port that works for the Raveneye data.

Charging both devices with 2 cellphone chargers gets old real quick.
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_1LVXJazOG2dm
New

Germany

Hello,
anyone solved this issue? Still having the same problem...
2021-2-5
Use props
gazwas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27126 ft
United Kingdom

Used my RE yesterday for the first time on a full day shoot and was too under the impression the RS2 would power RE but battery was continually depleting. Plugged into bottom port of RS2 and no charging even though  all the reviews I’ve watched say RE powered by gimbal while connected. What’s the deal with this - hopefully just a firmware issue.
2021-2-25
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm using the RS 2 with Nikon Z bodies, two BG-30 grip batteries. I could have sworn the Raven Eye was charging when in use before the last FW update? Anyway, anything on the horizon to get it charging when in use? Otherwise kind of silly to have 2x BG-30's when I am going to have to plug the Raven Eye to charge it.
2021-2-27
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anything from DJI on this or do I need to buy a second damn Raveneye so I can always keep one on a charger?

Hello?

Can someone from DJI address this NOW please???
2021-3-7
Use props
fans534077f3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27126 ft
United Kingdom

Seems Raveneye is designed to charge from the gimbal battery when you turn the rave eye OFF..

When Raveneye is in use it works under its own battery only. Would be nice to see a firmware update to allow Raveneye to run off gimbal battery however not sure if USB-C supports charging and data transfer simultaneously?
2021-3-8
Use props
fansa68c15e0
lvl.1

United States

Same problem!
2021-3-14
Use props
Mohd Nor Azmil
New

Malaysia

I'm not to sure if it is the gimbal firmware issue or something. When I got mine out of the box, I was able to charge it... and I believe even during usage since I was setting up the raveneye during that time. After upgrading firmware etc for both raveneye and gimbal, seems to not work anymore. Haven't tried it if I turn off the raveneye if it charges or not on the gimbal. I can charge raveneye from my computer USB even if it was on.

I did also have issue with Raveneye not updating it's firmware since for some unknown reason, 1.02 was considered downgrade. Got it fix today and charging via my usb first. Will try to see if my gimbal charge it after.
So, not sure at the moment. I let you know if I have time to test it again after this.

EDITED AFTER TEST:
Ok, I think this is definitely some bug not sure if can be fix via firmware or gimbal issue. Here I test it.
1) I powered on the gimbal + raveneye still off = Light blinking, not the usual type of charing light I see from 1 to 3 light when charging but just the missing light being charge, in my case, the final light just blinking (since I already charge my RE via USB).
2) I then powered up my RE = Still working. Good news, light blinking. However, using the DJI RE apps, I do not see the "charging symbol". If I use my computer to charge via USB, I connect my RE to my dji app, I can see the charging symbol. I believe that it just drains slower since it is being used and the gimbal supplement that power. I did see it still drains.. or maybe it's actually showing my gimbal power during that time. Not sure.

Now, here is the interesting part.

3) I turned of the RE by long pressing it + Gimbal still powered. = No more blinking lights. Seems that when you manually turn the RE off, there is some issues with the gimbal restarting the charging/blinking
4) I turned back the RE = Still no blinky.

Now, another interesting thing happens,  
5) Pull the RE connection to the bottom port out of the gimbal and reinsert it back OR power-off the gimbal and power-on back, this will now restore the blinkies/charging. Turn the RE on, it was still blinking.

So, to be honest, I think it is more of the gimbal issue. Not sure if DJI can fix this via firmware or just something wrong with the gimbal itself.

Hope this helps.

2021-3-31
Use props
chunky whippet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Has this issue been fixed ? Mine still doesn’t charge the Raven eye?
2021-5-8
Use props
martinhafencitystudios.com
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

chunky whippet Posted at 5-8 22:27
Has this issue been fixed ? Mine still doesn’t charge the Raven eye?

The bug ist still alive - the RE is not charging.
2021-5-23
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Jeez, 6 months, and still no solution from Dji???
2021-6-2
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

CineView Media Posted at 6-2 12:46
Jeez, 6 months, and still no solution from Dji???

Yep....just like the issue/non-compatibility with the A7S III - DJI really is ... and is losing me as a customer (I know for dang sure I won't be buying any more new products from them). So  dont hold your breath for DJI to actually reply. lol
2021-6-9
Use props
akah300
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi all! I see U struggling so I specially made an accout just to ease Ur pain. I have A7s3 and luckily I just ran the whole rsc2 + RE set first time without any updates. The guys who said it was working have 100% right
Its only about the RE firmare so if U want to have charging from the gimbal just downgrade to this second firmware from the list. Thats it. Everything seams to work nice I mean the image transmition and tracking etc just the RE is charged, well it remains on the same battery % level rather than charging but anyway.
I think the lot of people was complaining about that it drains the battery from gimbal etc so maybe they decided to disable this function and they explained it under ,,better power management between gimbal and RE" U can read it in on the next after it update description. For me its stupid, but well...

Anyways IT DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT THAT YOU DJI SUCKS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM YEARS AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED. YOU ARE THE WORST IN THAT MATTER AND SHOULD DEFINITELY FOCUS ON DELIVER UR CLIENTS RESPECT!!!
2021-7-4
Use props
illuminatedRS
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_c6eppUy2bl4f Posted at 1-31 01:21
No charging from the port that works for the Raveneye data.

Charging both devices with 2 cellphone chargers gets old real quick.

I wonder if there is a way to power it off of USB while it's on and in use?  Would be nice to get more than a couple of hours out of it? Maybe off the same battery that the camera is using ...say off the v-mount's p-tap -> usb-c for example.?  - Or even easier ...The fxlion nano batteries have usb-a usb-c usb-micro and p-tap
2021-7-10
Use props
fans82de1695
New

Spain

Same issue... RE not switching or working or bliinkg after drains battery on a shooting..... is really frustrating and buying one to fix it or put this on the trash...
2021-8-3
Use props
max2049
lvl.1
South Korea

I have the same problem with RSC2.
Turn off the reveneye + RS is charging while reveneye is charging.
This seems to have changed.

2021-8-12
Use props
Benno Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148865 ft
Netherlands

When the battery of the RavenEye draws down to 5% then it will be powered by the Ronin (RS3 Pro).
In this way the batterylife of the Ronin will last longer.
2023-2-5
Use props
Gorlum
New
Israel

Benno Z Posted at 2-5 12:46
When the battery of the RavenEye draws down to 5% then it will be powered by the Ronin (RS3 Pro).
In this way the batterylife of the Ronin will last longer.
Thanks. I too have RS3 Pro and today I will check this today.
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules