Copyright claim on DJI (Cool City) music
3973 12 2020-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SForce2007
lvl.2
Canada

Hi, I recently created a video in my DJI Go 4 app and used the song Cool City, I then uploaded to YouTube. Today I received a Copyright claim on my video because of the music.  Is the music in the app not copyright/royalty free?

Thanks,

2020-12-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unless you were wanting to monetise your video, you should be OK. Wherever copyright music is used you get a Copyright Claim on your dashboard, and the phrase "The Content ID claim on your video doesn't affect your channel. This is not a copyright strike." appears at the top of the summary .
2020-12-16
Use props
djiuser_88raDBDRQeXT
New
Flight distance : 2677726 ft
Malaysia

Hi, i also faced the problem today. How can the COOL CITY being used many years just got copyright today.
DJI Supoort team should manage to solve this.
2020-12-18
Use props
SForce2007
lvl.2
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 12-16 00:24
Unless you were wanting to monetise your video, you should be OK. Wherever copyright music is used you get a Copyright Claim on your dashboard, and the phrase "The Content ID claim on your video doesn't affect your channel. This is not a copyright strike." appears at the top of the summary .

Thank's for the reply. I guess I was just asking as to why it would happen in the first place. Seems like someone has used DJI's app music and is claiming it as their own.
2020-12-18
Use props
SForce2007
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_88raDBDRQeXT Posted at 12-18 03:37
Hi, i also faced the problem today. How can the COOL CITY being used many years just got copyright today.
DJI Supoort team should manage to solve this.

I totally agree! DJI should step in to resolve it for the millions of people that use their app’s
2020-12-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SForce2007 Posted at 12-18 16:15
Thank's for the reply. I guess I was just asking as to why it would happen in the first place. Seems like someone has used DJI's app music and is claiming it as their own.

That could be the case perhaps. Always someone looking to cash in
2020-12-18
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

SForce2007 Posted at 12-18 16:15

Agree.  In general, posting videos with audio should include some labeling or tagging ( of the tune ) to indicate whether its a free use, etc.
2020-12-26
Use props
SForce2007
lvl.2
Canada

Wanted to add an update to my original post. After disputing the copyright claim, it was release today. Thanks for all your replies.
2021-1-12
Use props
djiuser_sXQJdN5L9gVz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

SForce2007 Posted at 1-12 15:07
Wanted to add an update to my original post. After disputing the copyright claim, it was release today. Thanks for all your replies.

I too have had a copyright claim (about using Cool City) from Believe Music about a Youtube video called Bechain, Ashsish Patra. They actully use the Cool City track between 15 to 35 seconds or so before their Music video starts properly. I disputed the claim and have had my dispute rejected so am now going to appeal the decision. This is a link to their video which claims copyright:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_1v4zyDu_s

2021-6-2
Use props
SForce2007
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_sXQJdN5L9gVz Posted at 6-2 05:03
I too have had a copyright claim (about using Cool City) from Believe Music about a Youtube video called Bechain, Ashsish Patra. They actully use the Cool City track between 15 to 35 seconds or so before their Music video starts properly. I disputed the claim and have had my dispute rejected so am now going to appeal the decision. This is a link to their video which claims copyright:  

That was the same video I received the copyright claim on too, however mine was released after disputing it. Here’s a few links of Cool City with upload dates well before Aug 12, 2018  when that Bechain video was uploaded. Good Luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiWC6oLZcuc&t=9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0WGFc_WTP8

2021-6-3
Use props
NEILMAC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15292 ft
Spain

I have just had exactly this situation and my dispute against the copyright claimant was rejected so I have now appealed.

In my appeal I have cited the video links shown above to prove they pre date Bechains claim to it. So now they get 30 days to answer.

I don't understand why DJI have not resolved this
2021-7-14
Use props
NEILMAC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15292 ft
Spain

Email from YouTube today - copyright released (and so it flippin should be)

So it's worth persevering
Screenshot_2021-07-16-20-31-35-394_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_l2oxEq9nIImE
New

Ukraine

My dispute was rejected. Not trying to monetize my video but I think this is really unfair

2022-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules