Mavic 2 Pro turning on by itself inside hard case.
5620 28 2020-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OneTechArmy
lvl.1

United States

Hi Pilots!

My recently acquired (2 months ago) Mavic 2 Pro has been turning on by itself (twice now) inside its hard case and once outside.
Nothing has been pressuring the power button.
Is anyone else having this same issue? TIA!
2020-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Might be worth using th DJI Assitant to refresh the firmware.
2020-12-16
Use props
OneTechArmy
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-16 02:14
Might be worth using th DJI Assitant to refresh the firmware.

I will try that. Thanks!
2020-12-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that, please send us an email to support@dji.com, provide the details and the serial numbers of your batteries, our team will check and provide further assistance. Thanks.
2020-12-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

OneTechArmy Posted at 12-16 21:38
I will try that. Thanks!

It sounds like storing the battery in the drone might not be a good idea.
It's got nothing to do with your firmware and it's hard to imagine why that was suggested to you.
2020-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-16 23:00
It's got nothing to do with your firmware and it's hard to imagine why that was suggested to you.

Because refreshing the firmware will also refresh the battery firmware too.
2020-12-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 12-16 23:53

But the issue isn't related to any firmware.
If it was, we'd have hundreds of similar reports.
2020-12-17
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

No battery in the drone as stored.  Best practice.

Randy
2020-12-18
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

Batteries only go in my zoom when I'm ready to fly and come out when finishes until I'm ready to fly again.
2020-12-18
Use props
OneTechArmy
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 12-16 23:00

Yeah, not storing the drone with the battery in it anymore.
But I do think it has something to do with the firmware. After all, the firmware tells the hardware what to do.
2020-12-18
Use props
OneTechArmy
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-16 23:53

I did refresh the firmware and it seems to be working normal now.
2020-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OneTechArmy Posted at 12-18 22:24

Finger crossed for you.   
2020-12-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

OneTechArmy Posted at 12-18 22:22
Yeah, not storing the drone with the battery in it anymore.
But I do think it has something to do with the firmware. After all, the firmware tells the hardware what to do.

But firmware doesn't thell a battery to turn on by itself.
If it did we'd hear similar stories every week.

But batteries turning on by themselves is a very rare thing.
Yours only did it twice in two months, so it not happening since you updated firmware isn't a conclusive test.

A much more likely explanation would be a fault in the battery switch.
2020-12-19
Use props
Robo12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21299 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same problem. My Mavic 2 pro is only 3 weeks old. My biggest worry is how much damage it has done to the gimbal motors while it was trying to calibrate in the gymbal gaurd
2021-1-22
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Can you please share the 5th letter in your batteries serial number? Just the 5th
2021-1-22
Use props
Laomatse
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Same here. Received my brand new toy and watched it switch on without touching anything.
Of course, I can take the battery out - but a battery that switches on from time to time - how can I be sure it will not switch off from time to time..............whereby one time switch off may be the first and last time.

The 5th letter in the lower right corner? 'H'

How to proceed now? Contact the dealer?
2021-1-30
Use props
OneTechArmy
lvl.1

United States

xagoras Posted at 1-22 23:29
Can you please share the 5th letter in your batteries serial number? Just the 5th

Same as Laomatse if the serial number is the one under the QR code. H
2021-1-30
Use props
djiuser_wWngM1NLwut6
lvl.1

Brazil

It just happened to me (drone auto turn on), with my Mavic 2 Pro acquired one month ago.
The battery that was on the drone was an extra battery purchased with a fly more kit.
Quite scaring and absolutely unexpected behavior.
I had flown two and a half hours earlier, the battery was 65% charged and the drone was on a flat table.
Luckily I was sitting at the table when it turned itself on and I turned it off immediately.
As someone mentioned here, I wonder if the battery could turn off while flying.
Any suggestions as to how to investigate what happened?
Is there a log or anything that can give any indication of why this happened?
2021-3-6
Use props
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139721 ft
United States

This happened to me today.  My mavic pro 2 is sitting on the desk and all of a sudden, the fan turns on and it lights up.  There's an option in the smart controller "time to discharge" under the battery tab.  After a certain amount days available in the options, 1, 2 or 3.  The battery starts to discharge to 65%.  In order to do this, the battery needs to turn on.  I believe this is the case.  If the battery is inside the drone and the battery turns on to discharge, the drone turns on with it.  I would like DJI's opinion on my hypothesis.
2021-3-19
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

djiuser_wWngM1NLwut6 Posted at 3-6 14:23
It just happened to me (drone auto turn on), with my Mavic 2 Pro acquired one month ago.
The battery that was on the drone was an extra battery purchased with a fly more kit.
Quite scaring and absolutely unexpected behavior.

Hi, did you write to DJI as Natalia suggested 16.12.2020?

5#
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that, please send us an email to support@dji.com, provide the details and the serial numbers of your batteries, our team will check and provide further assistance. Thanks.

If so did you get a reply and what was the reply? I would be very interested to know what is happening and how to correct this. I never keep the battery in the drone, as if anything presses against the button it could turn on. But you had the drone on the desk and it turned on by itself. That is serious.
2021-3-20
Use props
Aztech Drones
New

United Kingdom

Mavic Pro 2 switching on itself done it 3 times in case, same battery every time and once outside case this time no lights on battery removed and put back in following day not switched on and it started up ?
2021-4-1
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314406 ft
United States

May Mavic 2 Pro just powered up inside the hard case at 7:30am. I immediately opened the case a removed the gimble and it went into the gimble start-up maneuver. I then powered down the drone and removed the battery. I have never had this happen before. I purchased my Mavic 2 Pro the day they were released. I have 5 batteries I have flown many flights with this drone and never before have I had this happen. I have always stored a fresh battery in the drone. I use the drone for business and need it ready to go. I recently purchased a 6th battery due to older units swelling. I number my batteries and I also keep track of battery cycles. All firmware up to date. Because I fly commercial I keep detailed logbooks of flights, inventory ect... I'm posting here just so I can add my incident to this thread however, I will be contacting DJI support.
This problem actually comes to me a good time because I have been thinking of jumping from the DJI ship. Looking for a new platform as my business moves forward in the inspections industry. Having a drone power up on its own is totally unacceptable. If it can power up on its own it can power off on its own.
Needless to say having a drone power off over/around a high dollar asset could be disastrous.
2021-4-6
Use props
djiuser_jDveVStAxN2z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133009 ft
United States

This just happen to my Mavic 2 Pro.  Just bought it a week ago.... besides my room maybe being haunted, I wonder why this happen? Are you still having these issues or did you find a solution to why? thanks!
2021-4-7
Use props
OneTechArmy
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_jDveVStAxN2z Posted at 4-7 11:54
This just happen to my Mavic 2 Pro.  Just bought it a week ago.... besides my room maybe being haunted, I wonder why this happen? Are you still having these issues or did you find a solution to why? thanks!

I reinstalled the firmware and stop storing the drone with the battery in.
2021-4-7
Use props
fans8b43b760
lvl.1

United States

pauly whitehead Posted at 3-19 16:46
This happened to me today.  My mavic pro 2 is sitting on the desk and all of a sudden, the fan turns on and it lights up.  There's an option in the smart controller "time to discharge" under the battery tab.  After a certain amount days available in the options, 1, 2 or 3.  The battery starts to discharge to 65%.  In order to do this, the battery needs to turn on.  I believe this is the case.  If the battery is inside the drone and the battery turns on to discharge, the drone turns on with it.  I would like DJI's opinion on my hypothesis.

you maybe onto something. same thing happened to mine couple times in last 1-2 months. first time i thought hackers (or feds) were onto me! was kinda hard to believe it happened on its own. but it just happened again at 2am while in the box. scary.
2021-4-9
Use props
Sboroblu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 734560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine turned itself on the other night, the bootup beeps got my attention.  It was in a soft bag so it wasn't physically turned on.  I purchased it all just over a month ago with the fly more kit. I am having to send one battery back as it's completely dead and I'm leaving the M2P out, for now, in case it happens again. If I have another battery that's not right I want to know which it is.  I have raised this with Dji support so it's a wait out for now.
2021-4-25
Use props
Silvi-Pi
lvl.1
United States

Well, I have had my Mavic 2 Pro for just about one year. If it ever happed before today I'm unaware of it; but it just happed while I was sitting at my desk. It's disconcerting because, as others have mentioned, what happens if it does this during a flight. I would be very interested to hear if anyone has heard from DJI what might be causing this.
2022-1-18
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Silvi-Pi Posted at 1-18 15:01
Well, I have had my Mavic 2 Pro for just about one year. If it ever happed before today I'm unaware of it; but it just happed while I was sitting at my desk. It's disconcerting because, as others have mentioned, what happens if it does this during a flight. I would be very interested to hear if anyone has heard from DJI what might be causing this.

Hi,

what happens if it does this during a flight.

This is impossible to hapen, as when ou are flying the battery is already on.

Do you store that battery in the drone? If so, store it outside and see if it turns on by itsef then. It could be a bad battery switch. You can also wite directly to DJi and ask them.
2022-1-19
Use props
Jc4419451
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
  • >>>
United States

My zoom did same thing yesterday inside the bag, was very hot to touch, hopefully nothing is ruined
2022-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules