Mini won't power on - no lights, no nothing
3816 12 2020-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneHeavy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46040 ft
Denmark

My Mavic Mini has been sitting safely in its FlyMore Combo bag since the last flight 2 months ago, which was uneventful.
It has never chashed and is well maintained.

Nontheless - when I tried to power on this evening, nothing happens.
Yes - I do use the right sequence, and tried a few others (including a very long press, in the hope of resetting or such). There is absolutly no respons.
I have the Combo and have tried with all of the batteries, which are fully charged. Remote turns on fine.

As mentioned last flight went perfectly fine, was 2 months ago - thus I have no idea, why all of a sudden it is unresponsive.

Any solutions?

Video of trying to turn it on: https://youtu.be/1WIMsmf2yaA
2020-12-15
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

you stated the batteries are fully charged. but are the battery contacts clean and shiny on the drone? also is the battery fully snapped an clicked into place? assuming you have the 3 battery hub when the battery is in the hub it shows 4 lights?
2020-12-15
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

sorry just watched your video showing the hub
2020-12-15
Use props
DroneHeavy
lvl.1
Denmark

TruGreen Posted at 12-15 15:38
you stated the batteries are fully charged. but are the battery contacts clean and shiny on the drone? also is the battery fully snapped an clicked into place? assuming you have the 3 battery hub when the battery is in the hub it shows 4 lights?

Yes clicked in solid. I've checked the contacts, they are clean, not bent, damaged...
2020-12-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DroneHeavy. I am sorry to watch and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since your DJI Mavic Mini will not turn on even though the DJI Mavic Mini's intelligent flight batteries are fully charged. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and voiding the warranty of the said DJI drone. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-15
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

One more suggestion, does anything happen if you try to "charge" a battery in the aircraft - via the USB port? Do the lights show any attempt to charge?
2020-12-16
Use props
DroneHeavy
lvl.1
Denmark

Peter Galbavy Posted at 12-16 04:05
One more suggestion, does anything happen if you try to "charge" a battery in the aircraft - via the USB port? Do the lights show any attempt to charge?

Nope, I tried that also. But thanks for the suggestion
2020-12-16
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

DroneHeavy Posted at 12-16 06:03
Nope, I tried that also. But thanks for the suggestion

Alright. This is a drone contact issue then. Try getting a alcohol swab and cleaning the drone’s contacts. Make sure to clean throughout the spaces without bending them. Let dry, then try again. Hope this helps
2020-12-16
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

For comparison I just plugged in a mini USB power to my Mini *without* a battery inserted and pressed the power button and the lights flash. The OPs issue is unlikely to be a battery contact issue if there are no indicators at all.
2020-12-17
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 628980 ft
United Kingdom

Contact support? They may be able to advise you further
2020-12-17
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

The problem was solved?
2020-12-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 12-17 03:25
For comparison I just plugged in a mini USB power to my Mini *without* a battery inserted and pressed the power button and the lights flash. The OPs issue is unlikely to be a battery contact issue if there are no indicators at all.

Just to clear in that case, LED's 3 and 4 flash 3 times, then pause, then repeat continuously. It's described on page 22 of the user manual..
2020-12-18
Use props
DroneHeavy
lvl.1
Denmark

The problem was not solved yet.
I returned the MM to the retailer I bought it at (in ordre not to pay the replacement fee with DJI Care)
So I am currently awaiting them sending it in for repair/assement..

I will try to remember to update in a couple of weeks.
2020-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules