RS2 PRO USERS NEED DC POWER OUT!!!
9787 18 2020-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pimmow
lvl.2
Netherlands

hi DJI, i'm a Pro.

And for my PRO work, i need a power output from the ronin RS2, to feed my field monitor. its 18 W and can run from 7V. is there a way to get that out of the gimbal??? are you planning a firmware update, to make it possible from the usb c outputs? or are you going to sell a separate rsa port adapter to get 12V out of it? Buying the RS2 all started for me because i wanted to save weight. i had been using the ronin M since it came out, 5 years ago or so.So I was expecting a major improvement, weight-wise. but now i have to add batteries to my field monitor??? There goes the weight...How can something called 'PRO' not have a dc out? talking about saving weight, this is really a must, and the older ronins all have it. Please solve it, before i have to start soldering...

thanx, pim

2020-12-15
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

I agree, we really need this 12V power out.
2020-12-16
Use props
Ssaumlsch
lvl.4
Germany

FVP Posted at 12-16 03:47
I agree, we really need this 12V power out.

12V is not possible I think but first party DJI accessories like the focus motor are supplied with 8V or 8,5V. So maybe we can at least hope for that, not enough for my BM Pocket but I can power a Teradek or Tilta Nano motor with that.
For now the newest update broke stable 5V output out of the top USB C port for me

So fingers crossed they'll enable 8-9V.
2020-12-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thanks for the feedback on the RS2 output request. We We understand your requirements on the PRO work and will voice your suggestion to our engineers for the reference. Once we have any solution regarding to this, we will keep you updated.

Thanks
2020-12-16
Use props
pimmow
lvl.2
Netherlands

Ssaumlsch Posted at 12-16 05:47
12V is not possible I think but first party DJI accessories like the focus motor are supplied with 8V or 8,5V. So maybe we can at least hope for that, not enough for my BM Pocket but I can power a Teradek or Tilta Nano motor with that.
For now the newest update broke stable 5V output out of the top USB C port for me

ok so i did start soldering;

Since i like using the ronin rs2 with the side bars; and extension handle; i bought one. the extension handle is connected through a small RSA breakout box that connects to the side of the  rs2. it  has one port, that  connects to a cable to the tethered handle. all proprietry cables. i unscrewed the plugs and measured the voltage. its indeed 8,5 to 9V that feeds the tethered handle. i have a field monitor i want to connect, without adding batteries. it  works from 7v; but  uses 18w since its a 2200 nit bright monitor. i connected the monitor to the proprietry cable in between the rsa port and the external handle; bij just peeling off a small piece of the rubber mantle of the cable; then doing the same from the red and black wires that are inside;  and without cutting them i just soldered the extra cables onto that,  and connected  those to the monitor. And voila. it works. Because the monitor is so bright and it uses a lot of power; i could only  get about an hour of power for the combination. with the ronin m i got a bit more, but then i didnt put  the brightness of the monitor at 50%,  so it  deliveres more power. i noticed the ronin rs2 battery only gives you 1950 mah of power which is actually very little. my small canon bp30  battery that is 14,4 V gives me 3000 mah, and is lighter... so i'm thinking of  putting an adapter in stead of the original battery, and connect the canon battery.
ok hope that  helps you guys!

Pim

2020-12-18
Use props
MarkDL
lvl.4
Italy

Please when you could fix it? I need to power my nucleus n motor... but at this moment I can't do that!
2020-12-19
Use props
pimmow
lvl.2
Netherlands

Yes it should work; but I can't do that for you; ask a local electrician.. I did take some pictures.
The yellow wire goes to the monitor or could go to your nucleus m. About an hour work.
And you do need the tethered handle; or the breakout rsa port and cable that they don't sell seperately. I think they or a third party company should sell those seperately and through firmware make sure you get 12 volts out; which is more common. And it should be possible since the battery delivered about 15 volts. But again; 1950mah is too little to work for a long time with more power hungry equipment like my field monitor that draws 18w max.

Goodluck
B9FD9E13-2BCE-47D9-8819-9B5B0B96B3DA.jpeg
352D737B-6A94-4695-9CF6-AB6437BAECB0.jpeg
5C553965-A4CE-4283-9F40-C2D30026A370.jpeg
2020-12-19
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/202012/19/011243iy0yi7wxfmroymya.jpeg

Should've heatshrunk tubing each of the small wires inside first.
2020-12-26
Use props
pimmow
lvl.2
Netherlands

Yes that's another option but if you want to keep the original battery to power everything and have the lightest setup possible; a dc out is most convenient and than you don't have to keep on buying more of their stuff. Also if you have the dual handles underneath( the original battery is best to put it on the table when not in use. With the adapter you have to lay it on the table because the original tripod does not work...!
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_VQ8GHek72LWk
lvl.1

Japan

Hi DJI engineer.
We need power output of 12V.
I tried the following, so please refer to it as well.

RS2 USB Type-C (3rd from the top) —> DJI R External GPS Module Adapter Cable —>

In case of “Ronin-S External GPS Module” (Input voltage 12V)
==> It worked fine.

In case of “TERADEK Ace 500 TX” (Input voltage 7V-17V)
==> It worked fine.

In case of “BMPCC4K” (Input voltage 12V)
==> It didn't work.

RS2 USB Type-C (3rd from the top) —> USB Type-C PD Trigger Cable to DC (No eMaker / Outer diameter of DC plug: 5.5mm / Inner diameter of DC plug: 2.1mm / Max Voltage: 12V/3A)

In case of “TERADEK Ace 500 TX” (Input voltage 7V-17V)
==> It didn't work.

In case of “BMPCC4K” (Input voltage 12V)
==> It didn't work.
2021-3-30
Use props
wingrove
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-12-16 06:47
Hello there, thanks for the feedback on the RS2 output request. We We understand your requirements on the PRO work and will voice your suggestion to our engineers for the reference. Once we have any solution regarding to this, we will keep you updated.

Thanks

aaaaand months later… no solution.  thousands of users still disappointed.  i should  never have bought my RS2 if i’d known it would be so badly supported
2021-5-18
Use props
wingrove
lvl.2
Australia

Yep months and months later and no solution for this blindingly bad decision has been offered.  hugely bad decision to shut out every owners existing 3rd party accessories and only support your own (questionable reliability) accessories.
2021-5-18
Use props
Johannes
lvl.3
United States

Same here. Please add options to power external gear both on the stabilized part as well as the handle part.
2021-8-11
Use props
ecce
New

United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-12-16 06:47
Hello there, thanks for the feedback on the RS2 output request. We We understand your requirements on the PRO work and will voice your suggestion to our engineers for the reference. Once we have any solution regarding to this, we will keep you updated.

Thanks

Hello.
How is this going?
It would be beneficial for all if you keep us updated more often.

Kind regards
2021-8-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ecce Posted at 8-31 23:31
Hello.
How is this going?
It would be beneficial for all if you keep us updated more often.

Hi, all. We have confirmed with our designated team.  We are sorry that the function or the upgrade mentioned above can not be realized for now. Thanks for everyone's advice. We will strive to improve the product in the future. Please stay tuned to the official website. If you have any other questions, feel free to talk.
2021-9-1
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

i use this with a small v-mount:
https://tilta.com/shop/battery-p ... -through-plate-kit/

2021-9-1
Use props
NANDOBOOM
lvl.1
Peru

Indio Posted at 2021-9-1 08:42
i use this with a small v-mount:
https://tilta.com/shop/battery-plate-to-rs-2-power-pass-through-plate-kit/

Si hubiera versión para baterías NP-F sería un gol.
2022-2-25
Use props
NANDOBOOM
lvl.1
Peru

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-9-1 00:31
Hi, all. We have confirmed with our designated team.  We are that the function or the upgrade mentioned above can not be realized for now. Thanks for everyone's advice. We will strive to improve the product in the future. Please stay tuned to the official website. If you have any other questions, feel free to talk.

Creo que ya no quedan esperanzas hasta que salga el RONIN S3  
2022-2-25
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

NANDOBOOM Posted at 2-25 17:47
Si hubiera versión para baterías NP-F sería un gol.

please post in english here
2022-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules