Newbie Advice Needed for phone to use
1316 7 2020-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeA
lvl.1

United States

Used to have a Phantom 2, but just got a Mavic 2 Air.   I have an LG 700H phone (android OS) and the DJI Fly ap, apparently is not compatible with it.  (Google Play store won't locate it for my phone!)   I have an Iphone 6S that is no longer in use. ( no cell service )   If I can get the DJI Fly ap installed on it, would there be any problem using it?  Or, should I go ahead and get a newer Andriod based phone like a Samsung Galaxy?  (Note:  I like the way I can manage music and photos on the Andriod O.S., so if I upgrade, it will likely be on an Android OS phone)

Thanks in advance for advice.
2020-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iPhone 6s is on the supported list -

Supported Mobile Devices

iOS V 1.2.0

Requires iOS 11.0 or above.

Compatible with iPhone 11 Pro Max,iPhone 11 Pro,iPhone 11,iPhone XS Max,iPhone XS,iPhone XR,iPhone X,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone 8,iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone 7,iPhone 6s Plus,iPhone 6s,iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6,iPad Pro(9.7-inch),iPad air2(9.7-inch),iPad mini4(8-inch),iPad Pro(10.5-inch),iPad Pro 2018(11-inch),iPad Pro (12.9-inch)

2020-12-16
Use props
Craigmc1983
New
Flight distance : 10479 ft
United Kingdom

If you're not due an upgrade you may as well give the Iphone a try, it'll save you draining your phone when flying anyway. But if you are due an upgrade I have the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra and it works great with my Mini 2, although i've only just got the Mini 2 and only flown it a few times! haha
2020-12-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, you may refer to the DJI Fly app product page for information regarding compatibility with specific devices: https://www.dji.com/dji-fly, to ensure stability and compatibility, it is recommended to try the mobile device on the list.
2020-12-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I use an iPhone 6s.
No problem.
If you don't have cell service it won't get the maps.
So that might be an issue (maybe use a hotspot)
2020-12-17
Use props
JoeA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-16 19:47
Hi there, you may refer to the DJI Fly app product page for information regarding compatibility with specific devices: https://www.dji.com/dji-fly, to ensure stability and compatibility, it is recommended to try the mobile device on the list.

Thanks.  I have the list but was really wondering what drawbacks I would have should I decide to use an Iphone 6s ( on the approved list) that doesn't have cellular service.   Looks like a lack of map is all that I would miss out on.
2020-12-17
Use props
George210477
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

What draw backs? When you fly you better switch to Plane mode in order to get less interference...The Maps can be downloaded in advance, using a Mobile hotspot from your LG in order to share the net with Iphone...so...the only draw back is the small screen of I6S, for my taste is too small in order to work at Semi-Pro level...but as beginner, will do the trick
2020-12-17
Use props
JoeA
lvl.1

United States

George210477 Posted at 12-17 23:45
What draw backs? When you fly you better switch to Plane mode in order to get less interference...The Maps can be downloaded in advance, using a Mobile hotspot from your LG in order to share the net with Iphone...so...the only draw back is the small screen of I6S, for my taste is too small in order to work at Semi-Pro level...but as beginner, will do the trick

Thanks! George!

2020-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules