16757 62 2020-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Hi DJI,

there are plans to add the Sony FX6 to the list supported cameras ?

2020-12-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thanks for reaching out with us. Currently we have already arranged the testing on Sony  FX6, when we have any results, we will update on the compatibility search page. Please keep an eye on the compatibility search page for the latest information.

Thanks
2020-12-16
Use props
djiuser_BV37RkOVIWeD
New
Flight distance : 106480 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-12-16 03:59
Hello there, thanks for reaching out with us. Currently we have already arranged the testing on Sony  FX6, when we have any results, we will update on the compatibility search page. Please keep an eye on the compatibility search page for the latest information.

Thanks

Very much needed!
2021-1-15
Use props
HaraldOeren
lvl.1

Norway

Very much needed here too! And please make a longer quick release plate that fits the Sony fx6!
2021-1-30
Use props
antoinedelforge
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-12-16 03:59
Hello there, thanks for reaching out with us. Currently we have already arranged the testing on Sony  FX6, when we have any results, we will update on the compatibility search page. Please keep an eye on the compatibility search page for the latest information.

Thanks

Hello,
I am wandering if the update for the Sony FX6 nearly ready ?
Thanks a lot,
Antoine
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

antoinedelforge Posted at 2-1 12:46
Hello,
I am wandering if the update for the Sony FX6 nearly ready ?
Thanks a lot,

Hello there, currently we found the multi cable cannot control FX6's recording. Our engineer is working on the firmware updates for this case. Thank you for your patience.
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

HaraldOeren Posted at 1-30 12:49
Very much needed here too! And please make a longer quick release plate that fits the Sony fx6!

Hello, it is recommended to use the Extended Quick Release Plate with the Sony FX6.

Thanks
2021-2-1
Use props
antoinedelforge
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-1 19:50
Hello there, currently we found the multi cable cannot control FX6's recording. Our engineer is working on the firmware updates for this case. Thank you for your patience.

Hello,

in reality nothing works, maybe I'm doing it wrong but I can't even connect my FX6. I get the following message: the hardware is not supported. Do you know if the FX6 is supported by the Ronin RS2?

Thank you!
2021-2-2
Use props
creativeframe
lvl.1

Germany

Works well here, except recording control. Waiting for updates...... FX6 hangs while establishing  USB connection

Tip: I attached the focus motor to the top of the camera with the turned Arca-Swiss plate.
2021-2-3
Use props
fans9967d5fb
lvl.1
Belgium

creativeframe Posted at 2-3 01:02
Works well here, except recording control. Waiting for updates...... FX6 hangs while establishing  USB connection

Tip: I attached the focus motor to the top of the camera with the turned Arca-Swiss plate.

Hello,

Can you tell me where to find the right information to connect the FX6. I've tried all the cables and nothing works. Could you send me a picture with your set up and which cable you are using?
Thanks a lot!

Antoine
2021-2-3
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-1 20:07
Hello, it is recommended to use the Extended Quick Release Plate with the Sony FX6.

Thanks

Hello Wanda and thank you very much for staying tuned.
I have testes several Manfrotto Plates and non of them fits from the ground.

The clamp/construction is extrem tight, so that you have to adjust by grinding them, than it fits. :-)
Thanks Guido
2021-2-4
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-1 19:50
Hello there, currently we found the multi cable cannot control FX6's recording. Our engineer is working on the firmware updates for this case. Thank you for your patience.

Hello Wanda, thank for this good and hopefully info. :-)
Did you have any chance in giving a hint of when DJI is gettin a solution for that missing link?

I think the one big problem in that case is, that the FX6 have not only one USB setting in the menu like the A7 Serie for example.
So by this the problem is, i have no chance and there is no setting to switch from USB transfer to USB multi or control, nore to have a USB menu in general.

I would wonder how DJI can get into that! :-)
Please inform us when you see land on the horizon, as we say in German. :-)
Thanks and regards.

PS, why is my RS2 not in my device list, it is registered?
2021-2-4
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

HaraldOeren Posted at 1-30 12:49

You can use any 501 plate, but most of them are a little bit to thick on the sites and you have to grinding them a bit. ;-)
IMG_20210204_114237.jpg
2021-2-4
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

you can insert the original dji plate or one of the replicas from schmallrig
for the RS-2 from the front into the manfrotto tripod.
the schmallrig go further back than the dji
2021-2-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

MavGuido Posted at 2-4 02:37
Hello Wanda, thank for this good and hopefully info. :-)
Did you have any chance in giving a hint of when DJI is gettin a solution for that missing link?

Hello , thank you for your suggestion and we will send it to our engineer for reference.

And for the last issue you mentioned, have you paired successfully with your Smartphone? Could you please try to reinstall the Ronin app to see if it work?

Thanks
2021-2-5
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-5 01:45
Hello , thank you for your suggestion and we will send it to our engineer for reference.

And for the last issue you mentioned, have you paired successfully with your Smartphone? Could you please try to reinstall the Ronin app to see if it work?

Hello Wanda,
i don´t know what you mean with pairing the smartphone, while i am also wanted to connect the fx6 via usb like the thread opener.

Can you explain it please? :-)
Thanks and regards
2021-2-6
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

Hi all,
Can please someone summarize what is possible/not possible with the FX6 currently ?
I'm in the waiting line for an FX6  and interested to know.
2021-2-7
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

AdmBenson Posted at 2-7 04:37
Hi all,
Can please someone summarize what is possible/not possible with the FX6 currently ?
I'm in the waiting line for an FX6  and interested to know.

Possible is that the RS2 is carrying the FX6 easyly and stable.
You can control her via the Sony Wifi app on your smartphone if DJI is not able to fix the USB cable issue.
2021-2-14
Use props
CharlesHung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136499 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

https://www.pronews.jp/column/202102171230183189.html
2021-2-17
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hello Wanda, do you have some news for us? :-)
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_1vU2LUzNpolv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3172920 ft
  • >>>
United States

creativeframe Posted at 2-3 01:02

Hello, is there any way you could provide pictures as to how you did this? I want to use the focus wheel on the RS2 with the FX6, but the focus module is too short to reach the gears on the lens.
2021-2-19
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hello Wanda,
are there some news for remoting the FX6?
Thanks and regards Guido :-)
2021-3-3
Use props
Charly Faure-Boursereau
lvl.1

France

Hello Wanda,

I just bought my Ronin S2 with my Sony FX6 and I see the FX6 is still not on the RS2 compatible camera list... Can you give us more information on the evolution of the update? I see your engineers have been working on it since December, please tell me you don't forget FX6 users ...
Hoping to have an answer from you
Thank you very much,
Best regards,

Charly
2021-3-5
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

Waiting also for the news
2021-3-6
Use props
fans23ad29ad
lvl.4
Germany

Yeah DJI, when will the update come out? The Sony FX6 ist quite an important camera!
2021-3-10
Use props
lucacasa
lvl.1
France

Hi guys.
I will rent a RS2 soon.
I use Swit Bp90 batteries on my FX6, which are a bit long, do you think they will hit the back of the RS2 or I need smaller batteries?
thanks!
2021-3-13
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

I've seen this, It may be of help

(They increase the height with a spacer)
Otherwise the original battery works. But on the other hand, it seems that adding more weight at the rear of the camera helps for the balance
I'm waiting for the compatibility to buy an RS2
2021-3-13
Use props
Charly Faure-Boursereau
lvl.1

France

AdmBenson Posted at 3-13 13:36
I've seen this, It may be of help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylQf2eVG1yM
(They increase the height with a spacer)

Yeah i saw it. I replied in Japanese in the comments of the video, I wanted to know if they had any information on the FX6 / RS2 software, but they are at the same stage as us ... hanging on Wanda's lips !
2021-3-13
Use props
fans23ad29ad
lvl.4
Germany

Come on, Wanda! Give us a vision of what to expect!
2021-3-14
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

What’s news ?
2021-3-16
Use props
halt_run
New
Japan

Also eagerly awaiting this update, but for the FX3.
(I'm secretly hoping it will be supported by the same update as the FX6...)
2021-3-19
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Sorry Wanda, i don´t wont to annoy you, but yet i became my Raveneye and the connection to the FX6 is more important than ever.
Please can you tell us how it goes on and if we can have good hopes for a soon solution? :-)

Thanks and regards Guido
2021-3-25
Use props
SteveGarvin
New

United States

Hi Wanda,

Please reply with SOMETHING. As it stands it appears balancing can be done. The plate you suggested just arrived and doesn't fit the unit (I'll need to shave maybe) and it seems like you are abandoning us... Feels like maybe I should just return the unit until you get interested in this camera?
2021-4-12
Use props
fans23ad29ad
lvl.4
Germany

SteveGarvin Posted at 4-12 17:14
Hi Wanda,

Please reply with SOMETHING. As it stands it appears balancing can be done. The plate you suggested just arrived and doesn't fit the unit (I'll need to shave maybe) and it seems like you are abandoning us... Feels like maybe I should just return the unit until you get interested in this camera?

Yeah it is about time. I thought about getting one for my fx6 - but not like this. Not even an answer.
2021-4-13
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

As a quite long DJI customer, based on my experience with many DJI products, the way the things are going suggests that they do not work on the remote compatibility with the FX6
2021-4-15
Use props
fans23ad29ad
lvl.4
Germany

AdmBenson Posted at 4-15 08:56
As a quite long DJI customer, based on my experience with many DJI products, the way the things are going suggests that they do not work on the remote compatibility with the FX6

That would be quite a bummer. The system is useless then. The complete ecosystem.
2021-4-17
Use props
fans23ad29ad
lvl.4
Germany

Just to keep it alive, hello DJI! Give us an update. Just every six month or so.
2021-5-7
Use props
em_ilia
New

Chile

Hi! is there news update of roni rs2 for sony fx6? it is very necessary !!
2021-5-9
Use props
creativeframe
lvl.1

Germany

Still waiting for DJI..... meanwhile I use the Sony App (second smartphone or tablet) to start/stop recording without touching the camera.
2021-5-9
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Wanda has left the company.
2021-5-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced