Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoint Mission With MA2
6544 23 2020-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Now it is possible to fly waypoints with the MA2 but only with Apple devices.
I just found it on youtube.

2020-12-16
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

That is outstanding.  What a quick implementation.  Way to go Maven App!
2020-12-16
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Wow, that's perfect. Anything else for Android?
2020-12-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice info!
2020-12-16
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh crap!   Now I have to buy an iPad.
2020-12-16
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10681565 ft
Germany

Are these real waypoints, like no rc signal required, or "virtual sticks"? As the SDK doesnt support waypoints im a little confused, because this video presentation doesnt look like a big surprise for me.
2020-12-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MySky. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this video you have came upon. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application ( DJI Fly application ) when flying your DJI Mavic Air 2 to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Maven App can void the warranty of your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you and safe flying always.
2020-12-16
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-16 21:08
Hello there MySky. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this video you have came upon. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application ( DJI Fly application ) when flying your DJI Mavic Air 2 to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Maven App can void the warranty of your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you and safe flying always.

MA2 owners have been asking for waypoints for last 7 months. Now DJI is saying MA2 owners should be careful using 3rd party apps who have proven that MA2 is capable of waypoints something we already knew. Just release waypoints  
2020-12-16
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-16 21:08

If DJI would add waypoints to the fly app as requested by so many users, then there would be no need for 3rd party apps. As DJI has already proven that waypoints is possible with MA2 in hyperlaps mode, it is not much effort to open this capabillity for the other photo modes as proven by the guy from the youtube video, as it took him only a few days to implement.
If DJI claims to build the most efficient and secure drones on the market, why not implementing waypoints, so that users do not need to rely on 3rd party apps.
Honestly your argumentation, that 3rd party apps are not reliable, is inconsistant with the already given official statement by your company (DJI) to use a 3rd party apps, if MA2 users want to use waypoints.

See here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mobile=2#pid2345168
2020-12-16
Use props
MitchRSM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149534 ft
  • >>>
San Marino

in the video description on youtube, now there's a link to donwload the beta of the app with support to the Mavic Air 2
2020-12-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find.  Too bad its Apple only.  
2020-12-17
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing!
2020-12-17
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Will start testing tomorrow.
2020-12-17
Use props
Zakkorn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 669442 ft
Greece

At last someone did it.
2020-12-20
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I would certainly be interested in Maven if it is based on true WayPoints and not Virtual Stick.  My understanding is that Litchi uses virtual stick movements on the Original Mavic Mini.  Standard WayPoints is the only  feature for the Mavic Air 2 I feel is missing.  Hopefully DJI will add them for regular photo and video modes and expand on the Hyperlapse code.
2020-12-24
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Official version released, working perfect with MA2 thanks to developer.
2020-12-25
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing the find! Going to try this out, just wish there was a free trial of this instead of fronting $$.  Is Litchi better or worse compared to Maven?
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_4Je7nAJJzHcH
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-16 21:08

I did not know the app would be different between the Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2. I trusted DJI would be consistent there. So I only compared specs like camera and flight time.  Sales, reviews,  nothing mentioned this app feature discrepancy. It took a while before I could test this. I am new to flying drones and had to get my FAA certification also.  Now that I am realising this it's too late to return this drone and I feel like it's pretty much  Worthless now. Please tell me that there is a way to have waypoints for missions with air 2 that I just am not seeing somewhere.  Or that there is an update in the works.  I would have gladly paid more for a better app or different drone if I would have been afforded the opportunity through proper marketing of the differences between products but now I am afraid I am stuck with garbage because of DJIs duplicitous ways.
2021-4-2
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

djiuser_4Je7nAJJzHcH Posted at 4-2 20:39
I did not know the app would be different between the Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2. I trusted DJI would be consistent there. So I only compared specs like camera and flight time.  Sales, reviews,  nothing mentioned this app feature discrepancy. It took a while before I could test this. I am new to flying drones and had to get my FAA certification also.  Now that I am realising this it's too late to return this drone and I feel like it's pretty much  Worthless now. Please tell me that there is a way to have waypoints for missions with air 2 that I just am not seeing somewhere.  Or that there is an update in the works.  I would have gladly paid more for a better app or different drone if I would have been afforded the opportunity through proper marketing of the differences between products but now I am afraid I am stuck with garbage because of DJIs duplicitous ways.

Based on this post, https://forum.dji.com/thread-236557-1-1.html , waypoint missions will only be available for future enterprise editions aircraft. If this holds true, not even the Mavic 3 non-enterprise edition will have waypoint mission support. Better go with Mavic 2 while you can.
2021-4-3
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Niknik Posted at 2020-12-16 14:05
Wow, that's perfect. Anything else for Android?

Google "dronelink". I'm using that now for my MA2 what a powerhouse it is. I am using it on my samsung phone android 11
2021-4-3
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

djiuser_4Je7nAJJzHcH Posted at 4-2 20:39
I did not know the app would be different between the Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2. I trusted DJI would be consistent there. So I only compared specs like camera and flight time.  Sales, reviews,  nothing mentioned this app feature discrepancy. It took a while before I could test this. I am new to flying drones and had to get my FAA certification also.  Now that I am realising this it's too late to return this drone and I feel like it's pretty much  Worthless now. Please tell me that there is a way to have waypoints for missions with air 2 that I just am not seeing somewhere.  Or that there is an update in the works.  I would have gladly paid more for a better app or different drone if I would have been afforded the opportunity through proper marketing of the differences between products but now I am afraid I am stuck with garbage because of DJIs duplicitous ways.

Please tell me that there is a way to have waypoints for missions with air 2,

"dronelink" Google it. Forget Maven, forget litchi, Trust me, I'm using dronelink and it is superior! It is involved, but i'd be happy to assist you in any way I can.
2021-4-3
Use props
Rogerio De Souza Junior
New

Brazil

we need to release the function for waypoint
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_mY4eYpoRdIko
lvl.1
Spain

Mobile SDK NEED to enable waypoint missions to Air 2 Air2S Mavic 3 etc !!!! IT IS VITAL!!!!!!!
2022-6-21
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Seriously ?
The birds will not get waypoints from DJI, but the SDK is already in place since last year and has been implemented in several third party apps already.
2022-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules