Am I the only one looking for next firmware update?
1611 19 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Silence? No rumors (or they died) of a pending firmware release. Seems odd that I tried to download a keeper copy of the last version from the dji website and nothing/nada.
End of the month/second quarter/half year/ etc. Sometimes these milestones are seen as deadlines. Hmmm. What say you vocal advocates?

Update: Well this is moot now since my Inspire is now on it's way to LA for a vacation from working so hard. Two aft motors won't start and I feared dmage if I persisted. So off it went 7/2 for its sabatical. In the meantime, I couldn't find a barebones Inpsire that was reasonable, but found a real deal on a P3P at B&H to work as a backup in the meantime. I'm also setting up a new GH7 on my X8 to experiment while await the Inspire's return.
2015-6-30
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

We are all still awaiting the ground station release. Rumour, a while back was that this was due around June time. June has gone, so I don't know when its likely to be released now.
2015-6-30
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

After the last update everything bricked on me I had to send it in for repair (Whereas it was flying beautifully on the previous update)
2015-6-30
Use props
dabadouba00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1207477 ft
Greece

I am waiting too
;-)
2015-6-30
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

lethbrp Posted at 2015-7-1 05:53
We are all still awaiting the ground station release. Rumour, a while back was that this was due aro ...

June....but which year?
2015-6-30
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

The update scheduled for June release was apparently pulled at the last moment by DJI.
No idea why, and I'm not a beta tester. Heard this on another forum.

Would appear that it didn't meet the QA criteria, probably a good thing that they delayed release if that is the case.
2015-6-30
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-7-1 13:03
The update scheduled for June release was apparently pulled at the last moment by DJI.
No idea why, ...

Do you know whether this release included the ground station functionality?
2015-7-1
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

Linolens Posted at 2015-7-1 10:17
June....but which year?

I'm a Program Manager in a billion dollar company over seeing many projects. While not all go as plan and slippage is understandable, I have never seen as many delays as I have from drone vendors. Not just DJI but all seem to miss their target dates by months if not years.  

To answer your question, June of 2019 maybe.

And where is DJI's handheld gimbal? 2020?
2015-7-1
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Outlander0088 Posted at 2015-7-1 18:44
I'm a Program Manager in a billion dollar company over seeing many projects. While not all go as p ...

I too am a program/project manager and run P6 for a living. I am truly baffled by the industry by my experiences with DJI and 3DR. They're both terribly prone to face plants when it comes to deliverables and customer service.
2015-7-1
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

lethbrp Posted at 2015-7-1 16:20
Do you know whether this release included the ground station functionality?

Just rumours - completely unsubstantiated.
2015-7-1
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

Outlander0088 Posted at 2015-7-1 18:44
I'm a Program Manager in a billion dollar company over seeing many projects. While not all go as p ...

Given the comments people have made re the quality of video from the X3 camera - I'm not entirely sure why people would be hanging out for the hand held gimbal?
2015-7-1
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

So, just heard from chief developer at Autoflightlogic, that they have not started beta testing yet.  It's a DJzi holdup essentially...that, and Apple.  Only once beta test can start, run, and successfully conclude, will we be any closer to a release to market.

So......don't hold your breath for a FW upgrade anytime soon.

Also, apparently these comments are published and discussed on other forums.  Seems that the DJI's formal forum is not considered a mainstream channel for disseminating important information.
2015-7-1
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

DJI isn't going to put out another Firmware update just because the Public is chopping at the bitts.
2015-7-1
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Personally, I would rather wait, and have it be bug free.  The last thing I would want to do is put my Inspire in the hands of an autopilot, that was poorly written.
2015-7-1
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

lethbrp Posted at 2015-7-1 05:53
We are all still awaiting the ground station release. Rumour, a while back was that this was due aro ...

There are update posts on the forum regarding the new Automated flight that everyone is waiting for.  Looks like DJI and APPLE are dragging their feet again as the developer hasn't even started Beta Testing yet.  The app doesn't look like it is providing waypoints from what I seen either.  There is a link to the developer on the other post for your information.
2015-7-1
Use props
Tommyxx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33898 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Sono un estimatore di DJI ma ultimamente sono molto deluso per come tratta clienti..
2015-7-1
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-7-2 00:36
There are update posts on the forum regarding the new Automated flight that everyone is waiting fo ...

It was my understanding the DJI themselves will be releasing the waypoint and POI functionality. I know there is a third party developer working on an app, but the email DJI sent out implied that they were developing this as well.
2015-7-1
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

lethbrp Posted at 2015-7-2 14:53
It was my understanding the DJI themselves will be releasing the waypoint and POI functionality. I ...

I think the information available is all mixed up and because DJI seem reluctant to put out any formal update or Situation Report on the status of the awaited features we continue to grasp at any news, be it from a third party developer or any other source.

Ed and Autumn have done well to keep us posted with what they know and when they find out bits and pieces.  It would just be nice for DJI head Office to acknowledge our patience and provide a Sit Rep on progress even if it indicates we may be waiting another month or two or three or four for the release.
2015-7-2
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Check out this thread :

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid163121

The third party developer has confirmed and clarified some features that will be available for the Inspire in future updates.

Still confused though, as lethbrp highlighted, I also thought it was DJI that was releasing the automated flight and waypoints etc. and that it would be integrated within the DJI Pilot iOS App.

Perhaps Ed or someone from DJI could clarify...
2015-7-2
Use props
aknauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 793041 ft
New Zealand

The silence could mean two things:
This time DJI is very thoroughly testing a new version before release - dreams are free!
There won't be much support for the Inspire 1 anymore, as there are two new products out there - wouldn't surprise me one bit!
2015-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules