Gimbal Started Jerking
1350 6 2020-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

I've only had my Mavic Air 2 for a week and only four of those days were good enough to fly.  On the 14th I noticed the image thumping on the FPV view when flying forward.  I figured it was just a glitching FPV as I had changed to D-Cinelike.  It the thumping/jerking stopped and I hit record.  It looks like everything was fine.  I switch back to normal color mode, fly, and record some more.  And I did notice a few more gimbal thumps/jerks, which I thought were merely FPV glitches.

Anyway, I went through many videos and it seems like the gimbal started to malfunction the last time I flew the MA2 (Monday, Dec 14.)  It was mid 40s and little wind at all.  Before this started happening, I flew the MA2 with no problems in sport mode and in some gusts.  And of course I have not crashed or hard landed the drone.

Should I return it and get an exchange or refund?  I bought Care Refresh too.  Can I get it transferred to a new drone or can I get a refund on it?  My preference would be to send the drone back to the retailer to get an exchange and also get a full refund on Care Refresh.  I'll buy it if the new drone turns out to work 100%.

I understand that sometimes things don't work right, but I wasted too many hours on this drone.  First with features not working because DJI Fly needed to be reinstalled, and now the gimbal acting up.

Here's a quick video with some examples of the problem:

I have calibrated the IMU and the gimbal, but I need a better day to test it as it's below freezing and there's snow out.

TIA to DJI Support and forum members for your suggestions.

2020-12-16
Use props
rooller71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 750935 ft
Hungary

Greeting! This problem is already running on multiple threads!                                                                                                                                      
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757
2020-12-17
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

rooller71 Posted at 12-17 01:13
Greeting! This problem is already running on multiple threads!                                                                                                                                      
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229985&extra=page%3D2%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D757%26typeid%3D757

I know, but it's considered rude piggyback on someone else's unresolved thread; so I created my own.
2020-12-17
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
Malaysia

send it in for warranty repair and try to get an acceptable explanation for the root cause. You can start a repair ticket with their support.
2020-12-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gimbal jerk is very noticeable.  I'd contact DJI Support as that is not normal.
2020-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there The Duck. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic Air 2. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persists. It seems that there might be an issue with the said drone internally. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-17
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-17 22:12
Hello there The Duck. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic Air 2. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persists. It seems that there might be an issue with the said drone internally. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Hello DJI Stephen,

Thank you for the reply.  I have decided to return the MA2 to the retailer instead spending more time diagnosing it and waiting for warranty work to be done.  I will purchase another one, probably with the Smart Controller, in the future and hope that issues are sorted out.  Or get a Mavic 2 or wait for a Mavic 3 if it is announced soon.
2020-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules