Landing Gear extenders
700 9 2020-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BC NightOwl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

So what if any are you all using?  I've looked around and saw the PolarPro ones and they seemed to be the best.  I cannot however seem to find anywhere that sells them anymore?  Even the PolarPro website.  Discontinued?

2020-12-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BC NightOwl. Thank you for reaching out and for these inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fello DJI Co pilots who are using the Landing Gear Extenders on there DJI drone. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like Landing Gear Extenders on your DJI Drones or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2020-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dont use them,  Ive moved to a custom landing matt that fits in a back pocket.
2020-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heres a picture of it.

2020-12-17
Use props
BC NightOwl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

That's a pretty cool idea.
2020-12-17
Use props
BC NightOwl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-16 22:33
Hello there BC NightOwl. Thank you for reaching out and for these inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fello DJI Co pilots who are using the Landing Gear Extenders on there DJI drone. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like Landing Gear Extenders on your DJI Drones or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.

Good to know, I think in that case I'll probably just go with a more rigid landing pad.

Strange though that you say using 3rd party accessories might affect flying and/or the warranty yet you sell third party PGYTech accessories on your website.  PGYTech also sells landing gear extensions btw.
2020-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BC NightOwl Posted at 12-17 06:31

Its really handy as it fits in a back pocket which was the design criteria.  I used some 3mm mdf (particle board) but would have used that corrugated plastic sheet if I had some as thats lighter.
2020-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BC NightOwl Posted at 12-17 06:31

Its really handy as it fits in a back pocket which was the design criteria.  I used some 3mm mdf (particle board) but would have used that corrugated plastic sheet if I had some as thats lighter.
2020-12-17
Use props
StarRider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58599 ft
United States

I use a landing pad. Keeps the drone and camera away from wet grass. Also doesn't allow pebbles and dirt from kicking up on the camera lens.

Amazon.com: Drone Landing Pad Waterproof 40inch Portable Foldable Aircraft Launch Pad for Yuneec H520/H480,Inspire1/2 Landing Pad(110CM): Toys & Games
sry for all the edits.  Having a hard time posting a link.
2020-12-17
Use props
BC NightOwl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

StarRider Posted at 12-17 09:21
I use a landing pad. Keeps the drone and camera away from wet grass. Also doesn't allow pebbles and dirt from kicking up on the camera lens.

Amazon.com: Drone Landing Pad Waterproof 40inch Portable Foldable Aircraft Launch Pad for Yuneec H520/H480,Inspire1/2 Landing Pad(110CM): Toys & Games

Thanks.  I too use a landing pad and it works great.  The reason I'm wondering about the landing gear extenders is because there are times, or at least, can be times when landing back on to the landing pad is not an option (emergency landing, battery issue or perhaps there are more people around than when you launched).  Also with some of the more "flexible" landing pads the weight of the drone actually makes the drone sink into the pad a bit which could prevent the drone from launching.

2020-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules