Mavic mini snow crash
577 3 2020-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jackson3564
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4346211 ft
United States

• I crashed my Mavic mini in the snow from about 2 ft, it fell in and got snow all over it so i dried it off as soon as i could with a towel and a hairdryer and when i thought it was dry i took off and it worked fine, do you think it could have been damaged by the water. I've had the drone for about 10 months, this was its 201st flight, other than this i have never crashed before. i also got it out of the snow fast, it was only submerged for about 6 seconds

2020-12-17
Use props
Jackson3564
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4346211 ft
United States

Can anyone help me out?
2020-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jackson3564. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this unfortunate incident happened and there was a crash that happened before. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support . We have a team that will do there best to assess the said drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. If the said drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided.  Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and voiding the warranty as well. Again, I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-22
Use props
avereza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11516381 ft

Brazil

I've seen this so many times, we got to be extremely careful when flying over water or snow, don't go too low as that, the sensors have some trouble to "see" this surfaces and the result may be this, so if you have to go that low, be very careful, keep your eyes at the altitude and be prepaired to go up as soon as you realize that it's descending.
2020-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules