7885 13 2020-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the 5.5 inch crystalsky and never had any issues just lag here and there depending what I was running. This device does not support the new fly app and the Go 4 app is no longer being updated. Also, there isn't much you can run on it even if you install google services on it.

For those that have or had the crystalsky, did you replace it was something better NOT including smartphone or smartcontroller?

Anyone used the TRIPLTEK Tablet 7?

2020-12-17
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Epson is coming out with a new model of their glasses that is compatible with the google play  store, which suggests it's 64bit architecture and should run DJI Fly.
It’s the Epson BT-40s , I’ll be looking at these to replace my Epson BT-300

By the way Litchi via the Amazon App Store works with the MM1 on the CS, I can confirm it works.

2020-12-18
Use props
Yoimi-Dron
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265338 ft

United States

Here is couple of videos:       
2020-12-29
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I have the Tripltek as my wife bought it for Christmas for me. I also have 2 Crystal Sky monitors and I have to admit that if the Crystal Sky would have the support DJI was supposed to give it, I would love to stay with the Crystal Sky. Dont get me wrong, the Tripltek is nice and bright but the Crystal Sky just fits better for the controllers. The Tripltek is kind of thick but the positive side is that it will work with all the software DJI can throw at it and also all apps like B4UFLY and UAV Forecast. You can also use the Tripltek as a general tablet.   
2020-12-30
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-30 06:19
I have the Tripltek as my wife bought it for Christmas for me. I also have 2 Crystal Sky monitors and I have to admit that if the Crystal Sky would have the support DJI was supposed to give it, I would love to stay with the Crystal Sky. Dont get me wrong, the Tripltek is nice and bright but the Crystal Sky just fits better for the controllers. The Tripltek is kind of thick but the positive side is that it will work with all the software DJI can throw at it and also all apps like B4UFLY and UAV Forecast. You can also use the Tripltek as a general tablet.

I agree the crystalsky is not a bad monitor. If it wasn't for the lack of support and software updates I still would be using it. I went ahead and sold it and purchased the Tripltek tablet.  Should be arriving in the next few days.
2020-12-30
Use props
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1637372 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Have the Tripltek its realy a great tablet. Have also the CS. but have had it with the CS, no updates.
2021-1-7
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Bryan Posted at 1-7 15:49
Have the Tripltek its realy a great tablet. Have also the CS. but have had it with the CS, no updates.

The tablet arrived today. Played around with it but haven't installed any apps or used it with my drones. Some of the reviews I read says the tablet comes with Android 8.1. Mine came with Android 9.
2021-1-7
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

towheaded-pilot1 Posted at 1-7 15:55
The tablet arrived today. Played around with it but haven't installed any apps or used it with my drones. Some of the reviews I read says the tablet comes with Android 8.1. Mine came with Android 9.

Can't wait for a review.
2021-1-7
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So it turns out that I have the Pro version of the tablet which has 8gb ram running Android 9 (Pie). I can confirm it does run the fly app and DJI go 4 with no issues.  
2021-1-16
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The tripletek comparison is not really accurate as it's only 1200nits while the CS Ultra is 2000nits of brightness.
2021-1-23
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 1-23 01:56
The tripletek comparison is not really accurate as it's only 1200nits while the CS Ultra is 2000nits of brightness.

You are correct that the Tripltek is only 1200nits. However, the crystalsky is crippled because it's running an old version of android, there are no updates, its running an old version of go 4 and it doesn't run DJI fly bacause it doesn't support 64 bit apps. I had a crystalsky and had no issue with it but now its old tech.

The Tripltek run on 8.1 or 9 android depending which you have, supports 64 bit apps and with that runs DJI fly and any other app you want to install.
2021-1-23
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

towheaded-pilot1 Posted at 1-23 09:25
You are correct that the Tripltek is only 1200nits. However, the crystalsky is crippled because it's running an old version of android, there are no updates, its running an old version of go 4 and it doesn't run DJI fly bacause it doesn't support 64 bit apps. I had a crystalsky and had no issue with it but now its old tech.

The Tripltek run on 8.1 or 9 android depending which you have, supports 64 bit apps and with that runs DJI fly and any other app you want to install.

Litchi installed via the Amazon app store allows me to use my CS's (Ultra and 5.5 models) to fly the MM1.

The DJI MA2 SDK was released in Dec 2020 so I am hopefull the MA2 will also soon be flyable using the Litchi on the CS.

The other difference between the Tripletek and the CS is the screen resolution, the Tripletek is only 1280x720  FHD while the CS's are 1920x1080.

2021-1-23
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Really Pathetic that we have to find third party vendors to support this thing. Dronelink and Litchi work fine with it.
If DJI was any type of a company, they would at least open source the software and just let us put an Android system on it in which we could put our own software on.
We get more support from these vendors who have to go through loops to find a way to install their software on this device.
Like I have said, DJI makes great stuff but has crap support. The worst in the business!
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_4TLkdQSeEXB4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222215 ft
United States

Although I love my DJI drones, it's not good for any industry for one manufacturer to dominate any market. Consequently, I now own an Autel EVO 2, 8k V3 and two FIMI X8 drones. A X8 Pro and X8 2022 V2. You can buy an X8 Pro for $599! The X8 Pro has 15km transmission/control range, 40/47 minute flight time on a fully charged battery, forward downward and rear obstacle avoidance, 4k HDR camera, many automated flight modes and multiple tracking modes! For $200 more I bought the TX10A built in screen remote control which has 1000 nits brightness and you can download Android and it has open architecture compatible with PX4 Arduopilot and many others with MAVlink protocol. On the down side, FIMI's customer and product support is abysmal. They make good products but if you buy a FIMI product you should buy from a website like Amazon. That way you have 30 days to get a full refund.
  My point is the tech isn’t that expensive. DJI PRICES ARE ARTIFICIALLY AND UNJUSTIFIABLY HIGH!
3-19 03:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules