Firmware update caused crash.
2442 20 2020-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

I am no rookie with my mini2.got it the day it was released.have over 100 flights and about 100km on her.around 12 hours total flight time.i updated the firmware this morning and charged everything up and took her to the back yard for a very common flight path consisting of about a 5k foot run up the hill in my back yard.to test if it is in fact better for interference as I get some up there sometimes.it made for a constant reliable environment I was familiar with in regards to rc signal and all that.at about 4800 feet I temporarily lost signal and quickly regained it back tho.problem is when I regained signal the aircraft refused to respond to any input commands. It simply hovered but quickly climbed altitude up to 550 feet,all kinds of altitude warnings and all that kept flashing.i would hit rth and it wouldint respond to that but is what I could do was force land to bring me back to 100ft in altitude,but as soon as I cancelled rth it would sky rocket back up.i was forced to let her land in a tree and I recovered it shortly after and she is unharmed,just a little scratched up.i have never had a problem with my baby untill this update.i am at a list of confidence.i am involved in this forum and very familiar with how these baby's work.any ideas? Don't have a computer so I can't get my flight log.let me know your opinions
2020-12-17
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

mine is doing good with latest firmware. So are a lot of others. It might be a problem with your drone instead, because I didn't hear of that kind of behaviour so far.
Also check if your bottom sensor is clear and nothing is obstructing it, so the drone thinks it has to go up to avoid collision.
2020-12-17
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
United Kingdom

At least the flight logs should remain, even if there is no desktop computer....

i think i will express everyone's opinion, we are waiting for data at least Airdata
2020-12-17
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why can't you find or upload your log file using your device? I don't use a "device" for this activity so I don't know if that is difficult or impossible.
2020-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2020-12-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Try refreshing the firmware again, but this time after doing that, let the drone cool down, put in another fresh battery and refresh again just to get any bugs out, then do an IMU calibration and then do a compass calibration outside away from any metals etc.
2020-12-17
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Suren Posted at 12-17 23:37
Try refreshing the firmware again, but this time after doing that, let the drone cool down, put in another fresh battery and refresh again just to get any bugs out, then do an IMU calibration and then do a compass calibration outside away from any metals etc.

I would have suggest that too if it was another drone. Unfortunatly, the Mini2 can only be updated thru the Fly app. No refresh possible as long the drone states the latest version and it can't be updated thru the Assistent.
2020-12-18
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
United States

Yea i dont think you can access flight data from a tablet.i tryed from the sd card itself where its stored and i see the text file but cant view it. I did clean the sensor and will be trying again.im not writing it off to the update per se,ig just never had this problem intill litterally immediately after updating.it was very strange.but i will be trying this eveneing after work.i just wanted to get this posted incase others share the same issue in the mean time.if it turns out unrelated i will be removing this post.any help on veiwing or uploading my flight log please let me know
2020-12-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, at least you got it back.  Could have been much worse.  Without flight logs any ideas are all just gonna be speculation.  Good luck.
2020-12-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i am involved in this forum and very familiar with how these baby's work.any ideas? Don't have a computer so I can't get my flight log.
Your firmware update is most unlikely to have had any effect and the flight data is necessary to see what actually happened.
Without data, you are only going to have people guessing (and probably incorrectly).

To get to your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2020-12-18
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-18 13:16
i am involved in this forum and very familiar with how these baby's work.any ideas? Don't have a computer so I can't get my flight log.
Your firmware update is most unlikely to have had any effect and the flight data is necessary to see what actually happened.
Without data, you are only going to have people guessing (and probably incorrectly).

Thank you.thats what i needed to know.il be posting it here shortly.i flew her today and she seemed to be fine.but did get "vision -somthing-" warning mid flight it went away before i could even tap it to read it.
2020-12-18
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ Posted at 12-18 19:20
Thank you.thats what i needed to know.il be posting it here shortly.i flew her today and she seemed to be fine.but did get "vision -somthing-" warning mid flight it went away before i could even tap it to read it.

In the DJI fly app go to Profile: More: click on your last flight to see the error, hit play and you can scan back and forth till you see the message at the top of the screen. Also you can try that for the other flight and see if there were any error messages on that flight! Hope you figure this out soon!
2020-12-19
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

Isn't there an option to remove all the Firmware in the software? If so you could do that and reload the latest update. I did the update and mine works fine. Might do all the calibration steps over again and avoid any buildings or towers near you. I usually will launch but than hover a few feet in the air for a few seconds as DJI recommends. After that I than proceed to take off. I assume you checked the RTH altitude, etc.

Hopefully this won't be a new bug. I really like my MINI 2.
2020-12-19
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
United States

I got some flights in today.seemsbto be working alright.mayhie it was just a bug from flaying so soon after installing,idk.but it flew fine today.i cleaned the sensors with a qtip and calibrated everything down to the remote.seems to be ok.thank you guys
2020-12-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

JohnDG Posted at 12-18 01:58
I would have suggest that too if it was another drone. Unfortunatly, the Mini2 can only be updated thru the Fly app. No refresh possible as long the drone states the latest version and it can't be updated thru the Assistent.

AH, good to know that
2020-12-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8 Posted at 12-19 13:57
Isn't there an option to remove all the Firmware in the software? If so you could do that and reload the latest update. I did the update and mine works fine. Might do all the calibration steps over again and avoid any buildings or towers near you. I usually will launch but than hover a few feet in the air for a few seconds as DJI recommends. After that I than proceed to take off. I assume you checked the RTH altitude, etc.

Hopefully this won't be a new bug. I really like my MINI 2.

Isn't there an option to remove all the Firmware in the software?
No there isn't.

Your drone cannot work without firmware.
2020-12-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ Posted at 12-19 15:39
I got some flights in today.seemsbto be working alright.mayhie it was just a bug from flaying so soon after installing,idk.but it flew fine today.i cleaned the sensors with a qtip and calibrated everything down to the remote.seems to be ok.thank you guys

It's unlikely that recalibrating anything had any effect.
If you don't check the flight data, you won't learn what actually caused the issue.
2020-12-20
Use props
djiuser_X7AogpqMuUCJ
New

United States

I have a mavic pro platinum less than 6 hours.  Updated the firmware I took it out it flew good for about 30 seconds then full throttled into a tree.  All sensors are clean all systems were calendared, not a rookie either.  Completely totaled it.  Sent all information to DJI as suggested.  Never heard a word back.  Not pleased planning on buying more equipment for farming in Ohio flir ect.  Probably gonna not buy DJI due to poor support.
Very upset customer out $1200.
Lance Foster
2021-2-17
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-17 21:15
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Respectfully this doesn’t sound like a pointing the RC the wrong way...
2021-2-17
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

djiuser_X7AogpqMuUCJ Posted at 2-17 10:58
I have a mavic pro platinum less than 6 hours.  Updated the firmware I took it out it flew good for about 30 seconds then full throttled into a tree.  All sensors are clean all systems were calendared, not a rookie either.  Completely totaled it.  Sent all information to DJI as suggested.  Never heard a word back.  Not pleased planning on buying more equipment for farming in Ohio flir ect.  Probably gonna not buy DJI due to poor support.
Lance Foster

I find it very hard to believe that if you opened a support ticket with DJI, that you have not heard anything back. I don't think you are telling us the full (true) story here Lance.
2021-2-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_X7AogpqMuUCJ Posted at 2-17 10:58
I have a mavic pro platinum less than 6 hours.  Updated the firmware I took it out it flew good for about 30 seconds then full throttled into a tree.  All sensors are clean all systems were calendared, not a rookie either.  Completely totaled it.  Sent all information to DJI as suggested.  Never heard a word back.  Not pleased planning on buying more equipment for farming in Ohio flir ect.  Probably gonna not buy DJI due to poor support.
Lance Foster

To get to your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.

And since your very brief description sounds like a yaw error, please describe the surface you launched from.
2021-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules