Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't connect RC to new ipad air
1468 4 2020-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eyentheskye
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I have been using my P3A for 3+ years with iphone and ipad. Just got a new ipad air 4th gen with usb-c. Bought a usb-c to usb cord. But the RC wont connect to the ipad air. The RC connects to the aircraft fine. I can control the aircraft with the RC, but cant see a darn thing becasue the RC doesnt connect to the ipad air. On the connect equipment page in the dji GO app, it never gives the "Camera" option. It always says "How to Connect". I have already deleted the app and reinstalled it several times. I have the latest firmware. I have already powered everything down and rebooted several times. I have already wiped my new ipad air clean and set to factory settings. It works with my iphone and my old ipad using the lightning to usb cable. My new ipad air has the latest IOS. Help please!
2020-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there eyentheskye. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device (  iPad Air 4th Gen ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and with the DJI Go application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and with the DJI Go application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Air 4th Gen will be able to work on the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and with the DJI Go application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go application while using it on the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. Thank you.

2020-12-17
Use props
eyentheskye
lvl.1
United States

Is it because the ipad air 4th gen uses a usb-c instead of lightning cord? I just checked to see if I should upgrade my drone to the P4 Pro or Mavic, and none of the dji apps is compatible with the ipad air 4. ipad air 2 is as high as it goes.
2020-12-18
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Really suprises me that the newest IOS devices arent useable, USB C is used on the Android range of phones with no issues so im gonna say its not because of that, It may be that GO hasnt yet been updated to work with IOS 14 maybe
2020-12-18
Use props
eyentheskye
lvl.1
United States

I don’t understand why DJI doesn’t update their apps to be compatible with new mobile devices. Strange. The latest iPad Air that is compatible with DJI go came out in 2014!
2020-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules