Fly away Investigation Conclusion
697 5 2020-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_veFNXuYSgUQg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 766864 ft
United States

I had an issue three weeks ago whjer my Mavic Air 2 went down in the ocean. At 350 meters distance and a height of 8.4 meters over the ocean my Mavic Air 2 lost signal and descended into the ocean, swept away by a 2 foot wave. I was using the Active track feature at 4 times zoom. I could not recover the drone in the surfline. After contacting Dji, I went back and forth with emails for a few weeks providing Flight Records and Video Caches.  At 350 meters down the beach I am relying on the readings for height ( which I check often when taking aerial videos over the ocean). After the analysis, I was told that I was flying in unsafe flying conditions and that it was no fault of the drone or its firm/soft ware. I am still waiting for the the  email they promised me giving me directions on how to purchase a replacement drone at 15% discount. I feel this is an issue with Dji's software but arguing the point proved fruitless. How can a 3 foot wave sweep away a drone which I had set at 24.55 feet high, sunny skies 4 M.P,H, winds? I have flown drones for a little over two years now and have flown over oceans, lakes, rivers and other bodies of water without any issues whatsoever. Perhaps they should include that flying over bodies of water are not recommended as they are "Unsafe flying Conditions".  
2020-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the accident with your drone, I've managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, it has been forwarded to the corresponding team to follow up, our team will reply to your email soon. Thanks for your patience.
2020-12-18
Use props
djiuser_veFNXuYSgUQg
lvl.1
United States

....4 days later, still waiting.
2020-12-18
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Problem solved?
2020-12-18
Use props
yeggmeister
lvl.1
United States

I was told that I would be emailed a link to purchase a replacement Mavic Air 2 (Aircraft only) with a 15% discount to replace mine which was swept away by a wave. I was asked if I would agree to that (even though I do not agree with the conclusion of the technical teams investigation). On December 15th, via email I agreed to accept the offer. Here it is 4 days later, several phone calls and emails and I still have not been provided with a link or any means to purchase said replacement drone. So, to answer your question, no the problem has yet to be solved. I absolutely love DJI's products but I am beginning to lose faith in your customer service. If you can help me so I can proceed with a purchase and put this issue behind me I would most appreciate it. Case number-5587438-J3N0P0
2020-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

yeggmeister Posted at 12-18 18:56
I was told that I would be emailed a link to purchase a replacement Mavic Air 2 (Aircraft only) with a 15% discount to replace mine which was swept away by a wave. I was asked if I would agree to that (even though I do not agree with the conclusion of the technical teams investigation). On December 15th, via email I agreed to accept the offer. Here it is 4 days later, several phone calls and emails and I still have not been provided with a link or any means to purchase said replacement drone. So, to answer your question, no the problem has yet to be solved. I absolutely love DJI's products but I am beginning to lose faith in your customer service. If you can help me so I can proceed with a purchase and put this issue behind me I would most appreciate it. Case number-5587438-J3N0P0

I am sorry for the waiting, I had forwarded your case to the team and urged the team to make sure your case will be followed up during working hours. Thank you for your patience.
2020-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules