• >>>
United Kingdom

Just saw this -

2020-12-18
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

They are going to have to start making their own tech now (or keep stealing it).....
sigh....
2020-12-18
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am no fan of the CCP, but this is going too far with DJI.
2020-12-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This guy says several time "I don't know what that means", and in that sense, he is quite right, most of the time he is speculating, he knows nothing, and would be best of keeping his mouth shut.

The ban is NOT on the sale of DJI products in the US, it is simply on the export of certain technology to DJI in China. This means that some of the items used to manufacture their products may no longer be obtainable. But DJI can probably obtain those items from altyernate sources.

2020-12-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It was on the news here too!
2020-12-18
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-18 14:11
This guy says several time "I don't know what that means", and in that sense, he is quite right, most of the time he is speculating, he knows nothing, and would be best of keeping his mouth shut.

The ban is NOT on the sale of DJI products in the US, it is simply on the export of certain technology to DJI in China. This means that some of the items used to manufacture their products may no longer be obtainable. But DJI can probably obtain those items from altyernate sources.

Exactly.  I'm kind of 'fuck this guy' for his disinformation.
2020-12-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Porktree Posted at 12-18 20:32
Exactly.  I'm kind of 'fuck this guy' for his disinformation.

Following articles might help clarify.

Chinese drone company DJI added to U.S. economic blacklist

As a result, American companies may be prohibited from exporting parts  to DJI and other companies on the list. Consumers could also find it  more difficult to purchase DJI products, which still dominate despite a drop  to 69% of the market share – down from 74% in 2018. The department was  also quoted on its decision, which took effect at 11:15 am, EST, earlier  today by stating that DJI 'facilitated the export of items by China  that aid repressive regimes around the world, contrary to U.S. foreign  policy interests.'

U.S. blacklists dozens of Chinese firms including SMIC, DJI

The department also said it was adding the world’s biggest drone company  DJI to the list along with AGCU Scientech; China National Scientific  Instruments and Materials, and Kuang-Chi Group for allegedly enabling  “wide-scale human rights abuses within China through abusive genetic  collection and analysis or high-technology surveillance.”

2020-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

More information here -

Sounds like DJI have moved away from purchasing components from USA companies to get around this.
2020-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules