o(^-^)o
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 12-18 11:21
So much for buying out Skydio.

Brendon Groves of Skydio is all for the ban!  Sad that an American company would support this.  Cheap way to promote a lesser offer.   Build a better product....don't use Trumpian tactics to force market share.
2020-12-19
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

......is the sky falling?
2020-12-19
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

a new nonsense step from US
2020-12-19
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The ban is exclusive to the exporting of US technologies which have been misused (human rights), violated patent laws and/or have military applications.  DJI's case is based on the issue of their drones being used by the Chinese government for activities surrounding surveillance of groups who have been the victim of human rights abuse.  

DJI's may no longer acquire components or resources for the production and development of their drones from the US but are still allowed to sell consume drones.  Entities of any government in the US may not use DJI drones.  

Huawei and ZTE were banned from being sold in the US by the government over predatory security exploitations.  Huawei as a company and all subsidiaries were banned for violating consumer privacy security laws and patent infringements.  
2020-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-19 11:23
The ban is exclusive to the exporting of US technologies which have been misused (human rights), violated patent laws and/or have military applications.  DJI's case is based on the issue of their drones being used by the Chinese government for activities surrounding surveillance of groups who have been the victim of human rights abuse.  

DJI's may no longer acquire components or resources for the production and development of their drones from the US but are still allowed to sell consume drones.  Entities of any government in the US may not use DJI drones.  

Would like to see the US try to concentrate a bit more on their own failings of Human Rights. 545 children ripped from their parents at the Boarder, never to see them again or even keep and insure valid records.
That’s real in your face human rights disaster that everyone concerned should be deeply ashamed about.
It’s ridiculous to think that a company like dji would refuse to sell or supply drones to their own government, and then be responsible for how they use them. I think its known that Americans also used drones at the boarder. Pot calling kettle black comes to mind..
2020-12-19
Use props
djiuser_YJZwztE6tNnL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1183255 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-19 11:51
Would like to see the US try to concentrate a bit more on their own failings of Human Rights. 545 children ripped from their parents at the Boarder, never to see them again or even keep and insure valid records.
That’s real in your face human rights disaster that everyone concerned should be deeply ashamed about.
It’s ridiculous to think that a company like dji would refuse to sell or supply drones to their own government, and then be responsible for how they use them. I think its known that Americans also used drones at the boarder. Pot calling kettle black comes to mind..

This whole thread is bull....
2020-12-19
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YJZwztE6tNnL Posted at 12-19 12:03
This whole thread is bull....

Appears to be agenda driven.
2020-12-19
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Post# 46.  Best of the lot!
2020-12-19
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Useless ban. Almost all chips are manufactured in China now. Even with some of US design, the Chinese will simply clone them as they have done for decades. And won't even put the OEM part number on them anyway. Someone high in our government obviously has no tech knowledge. Probably the only thing for the Mavic Mini 2 coming from the US is the wood pulp in the cardboard box ;-)
2020-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 12-19 14:08
Useless ban. Almost all chips are manufactured in China now. Even with some of US design, the Chinese will simply clone them as they have done for decades. And won't even put the OEM part number on them anyway. Someone high in our government obviously has no tech knowledge. Probably the only thing for the Mavic Mini 2 coming from the US is the wood pulp in the cardboard box ;-)

I suppose considering dji are market leaders, they are doing a lot of things a lot better than most. Except the wood pulp ;+)
2020-12-19
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

scoble08 Posted at 12-19 08:24
Brendon Groves of Skydio is all for the ban!  Sad that an American company would support this.  Cheap way to promote a lesser offer.   Build a better product....don't use Trumpian tactics to force market share.

I own a Skydio 2 drone, although I did have to wait for a year after I ordered it to deliver. Skydio 2 is by no mean a lesser offer, well OK, there's that range thing. I do agree Brendon Groves needs to stay out of this mess, for him and Skydio.
2020-12-21
Use props
Udonitron
lvl.2

Canada

While I am no fan of the Trump Admin the reasons for this ban are pretty on point IMO.
DJI supports the Communist Govt in China, while everyone there has to pretty much, and facilitated their drone usage at the detention camps illegally detaining Uyghurs, Kazakhs, Kyrgyz and other ethnic Turkic Muslims, Christians as well as some foreign citizens such as Kazakhstanis.
It would be foolish for Biden to just overturn this decision without some serious consideration.

"The specific filing adding DJI to the entity list accuses the company of “enabled wide-scale human rights abuses within China through abusive genetic collection and analysis or high-technology surveillance.” This is likely a reference to DJI’s involvement in providing drones to the Chinese government to surveill detention camps in the Xinjiang province, as detailed in a Bloomberg Businessweek report.

The filing also allows for a “case-by-case review for items necessary to detect identify and treat infectious disease; presumption of denial for all other items.” It is unclear which of DJI’s drones and drone accessories might qualify for this exemption, if any.

The new additions to the entity list came alongside a more specific action against China’s Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation, or SMIC, which was listed in response to purported ties between the company and the Chinese military.

But the United States government has also cited several concerns in the past over security issues with the drones, which are largely made in China and contain Chinese parts. The Department of the Interior has announced plans to ground its drone fleet as it reviews whether there are any major security concerns of Chinese spying or cyberattacks. And the Department of Justice banned buying foreign-made drones — which includes DJI’s products — using agency funds back in October, citing similar security concerns. The Department of Defense has certified several other drones from competitors like Parrot and Skydio for governmental use instead, after several years of review."
2020-12-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-19 11:23
The ban is exclusive to the exporting of US technologies which have been misused (human rights), violated patent laws and/or have military applications.  DJI's case is based on the issue of their drones being used by the Chinese government for activities surrounding surveillance of groups who have been the victim of human rights abuse.  

They sell a lot of Huawei through Amazon though.
2020-12-23
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 12-23 21:46
They sell a lot of Huawei through Amazon though.

Seems the U.S. is not (unfortunately) always forthcoming in our use of drones on it's citizens either.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kri ... lu/?sh=72f285dc40fa
2020-12-24
Use props
djiuser_P7GX56hKqm7M
New

United States

JEZ2 Posted at 12-18 13:07
I didn't say it was going to be "business as normal".  I said the post and title are misleading, because buying a DJI drone is not banned in the US as the orginal post and title state.  "No more DJI drones unless you buy direct" is not a correct statement at this time.

I read the article.  More importantly, I've also read the Export Control Act (something I'm not sure if the authors have actually done).

Are the upcoming FAA remote ID rules not a greater threat to all DJI drones ? I was about to buy a Mavic Pro 2 for expanding my travel photography hobby ...  Really disappointing that all seems to be in limbo. Other than an objection to the FAA rules I have found no update from DJI. So I might buy a PRO 2 and it could be obsolete by March or after a grace period (?)
2020-12-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_P7GX56hKqm7M Posted at 12-24 09:05
Are the upcoming FAA remote ID rules not a greater threat to all DJI drones ? I was about to buy a Mavic Pro 2 for expanding my travel photography hobby ...  Really disappointing that all seems to be in limbo. Other than an objection to the FAA rules I have found no update from DJI. So I might buy a PRO 2 and it could be obsolete by March or after a grace period (?)

The Mavic 2 Pro is perfect how it is imo though the latest updates for the Smart Controller and/or Drone have made the feed worse, perhaps because they've added the DJI Fly App to it or they've lowered the latency as it used to be buttery smooth before but now it stutters.

It depends what you want to do w/ the Mavic 2.  For commercial work, it's great.  Happy clients.  I don't get too many clients but the few that hired me love the quality off the Mavic 2 Pro.
2020-12-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_P7GX56hKqm7M Posted at 12-24 09:05

So I might buy a PRO 2 and it could be obsolete by March or after a grace period (?)
That's not going to happen.
Any new rules are going to apply to new products after an introductory period.
They aren't going to ground drones bought before new rules come out.
2020-12-24
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I wonder if this applies to the apps like GO4 and DJI Fly, etc? iOS, MacOS and Apple's dev tools for iOS are American technology. So I wonder if DJI no longer has access to OS and dev tool updates from Apple? Well, yes, surely they have "access", but I mean do they no longer formally have legal access?

2020-12-26
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180013 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

First of all I'm European. But isn't the ban more about DJI uploading too much flight data, images and movies to their servers and their close relation with their government? Who has access to all this data? TBH I don't care if an office clerk in China knows where I went on a holiday and sees the landscape in Italy, but if you use the drone more professionally to check a factory plant I can understand the ban somehow.

Same goes for Huawei and HikVision.
2020-12-29
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wrong. DJI products are not "banned" from import...yet. Try not to make everything political, this is not the place.
2020-12-29
Use props
CoollyMcAwesome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274829 ft
Canada

the ID rule where all aircraft must broadcast who they are is an interesting, almost like transponder on aircraft, coming up, I think the public can see some telemetry but not the individual, but authority can. I think dji and all drone manufacturer must comply within a year and a half, supposedly it will check the ID is fully fuctioning or no take off. So in theory all current drone may be ineligible or maybe grandfathered? Who really knows, I guess the 250 gram aircraft or homebuilt can be exempted within some other rules. Be very interesting what becomes of this.
2020-12-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-19 02:59
NO DISINFORMATION, TOPIC OPENED FOR DISCUSSION PERIOD....
I see the idiot trump lover HedgeTrimmer is on once again spouting Rubbish. Typical Trump Sycophant, thinks everything is about him. His King is gone The Buffoon Clown of world Politics, Beaten to a Pulp by a real Politician. HT should read before he spouts. And one thing is for sure that idiot is not here to discuss drones. Sling your hook idiot if your not prepared to read the posts before comment...

hallmark007 - "Dji Banned ? in the US"
hallmark007 - "Looks like dji are now on the blacklist in the US. No more dji drones ?,"

You accuse me of spouting rubbish, even though:
1) I provided links and quotes from two different stories showing your Subject and opening remarks were   misleading.
2) Article you posted Link to shows your Subject and opening remarks were disinformation.

Take your own advice, read articles before you post with misleading subject and remarks of disinformation.
2020-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-30 18:38
hallmark007 - "Dji Banned ? in the US"
hallmark007 - "Looks like dji are now on the blacklist in the US. No more dji drones ?,"

Once again showing just how big an idiot you really are. ? I posed the questions coming from the articles posted with the banner headlines. But as usual you jumped in with both feet and got things arse about face. Now sling your hook and stop trying to cause trouble....
2020-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

UAViator53 Posted at 12-29 08:11
Wrong. DJI products are not "banned" from import...yet. Try not to make everything political, this is not the place.

Are you honestly saying this is not political . What planet are you living on...
2020-12-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-19 02:59
NO DISINFORMATION, TOPIC OPENED FOR DISCUSSION PERIOD....
I see the idiot trump lover HedgeTrimmer is on once again spouting Rubbish. Typical Trump Sycophant, thinks everything is about him. His King is gone The Buffoon Clown of world Politics, Beaten to a Pulp by a real Politician. HT should read before he spouts. And one thing is for sure that idiot is not here to discuss drones. Sling your hook idiot if your not prepared to read the posts before comment...

hallmark007 - "His King is gone The Buffoon Clown of world Politics, Beaten to a Pulp by a real Politician. "

Do you realize you have trashed yourself?   You have previously attacked U.S. and President Trump.  This time, you attack U.S. and President Trump for standing up for Human Rights.

The United States didn't ban DJI from selling drones in U.S.  What U.S. did do is say our technology will not be used for human rights  abuses, banning our technology from being sold to DJI and other companies.

"The ERC determined to add the entities AGCU Scientech; China National Scientific Instruments and Materials (CNSIM); DJI; and Kuang-Chi Group for activities contrary to U.S. foreign policy interests.  Specifically, these four entities have enabled wide-scale human rights abuses within China through abusive genetic collection and analysis or high-technology surveillance, and/or facilitated the export of items by China that aid repressive regimes around the world, contrary to U.S. foreign policy interests."

hallmark007, by trashing U.S. and President Trump; you are saying you support countries and companies who violate human rights or commit human rights abuses.   Do you wish to withdraw your remarks?
2020-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-30 18:50
hallmark007 - "His King is gone The Buffoon Clown of world Politics, Beaten to a Pulp by a real Politician. "

Do you realize you have trashed yourself?   You have previously attacked U.S. and President Trump.  This time, you attack U.S. and President Trump for standing up for Human Rights.

Stand up for human rights. Give us a break idiot. 4% of the worlds population 20% of dead people from CV while trump plays golf , WHERES the humanity in that. I thought his mantra was America first, well the world knows now America is first in the world for Covid deaths under trumps watch. Now quit while your behind idiot, you came here to cause trouble. Get off this thread fool.....
2020-12-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-30 18:43
Once again showing just how big an idiot you really are. ? I posed the questions coming from the articles posted with the banner headlines. But as usual you jumped in with both feet and got things arse about face. Now sling your hook and stop trying to cause trouble....

Up to your usual tricks.  SPIN, Twist, and Deny.  Despite evidence posted of your own words.
Funny part is another person called you out too, and you had to acknowledge person was right - meaning you were Wrong.

So why are you defending your spreading of disinformation?   Is it Ego?  Is it to protect DJI or make excuses for China?  
2020-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-30 18:58
Up to your usual tricks.  SPIN, Twist, and Deny.  Despite evidence posted of your own words.
Funny part is another person called you out too, and you had to acknowledge person was right - meaning you were Wrong.

I don’t need to make excuses for anyone. But I’ve now told you 3 times to clear off. Nobody needs to be listening to another trump sycophant, so take your stupid comments elsewhere. There’s another thread on this page claiming dji banned, but you came here for trouble, you don’t fly drones your just a trouble making ignorant idiot sad but true. Fourth time sling your hook ......
2020-12-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This is all utter rubbish, DJI is not banned from selling drones in the US or anywhere else.
2020-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 12-30 19:09
This is all utter rubbish, DJI is not banned from selling drones in the US or anywhere else.

That was the question as marked by the question mark. Dji banned came from the the article posted in th link in opening post.
2020-12-30
Use props
ZigZagz
lvl.1
United States

Just got another , now those rules Prey 2021 somehow gets better.
2020-12-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2020-12-30 18:57
Stand up for human rights. Give us a break idiot. 4% of the worlds population 20% of dead people from CV while trump plays golf , WHERES the humanity in that. I thought his mantra was America first, well the world knows now America is first in the world for Covid deaths under trumps watch. Now quit while your behind idiot, you came here to cause trouble. Get off this thread fool.....

Realize living on a Tiny island off the Coast of U.K. you have poor communications with outside world, but President Trump did not create Wuhan Flu.  No doubt, do to being so isolated, you missed Operation Warp Speed, which has brought to World three vaccines to lessen chances and impact of getting CV.

Unlike the Fake News you do get, President Trump plays very little golf.  Works very long hours, and has been donating his Presidential salary to worthy Charities every pay period.

You would do well to do even 1/100th as good as President Trump.  First step would be for  you to start speaking the Truth, instead of Blowing Smoke.  Second step would be for you to disavow countries and their companies which abuse Human Rights.

Have a very Happy 2021  
2021-1-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2020-12-30 19:04
I don’t need to make excuses for anyone. But I’ve now told you 3 times to clear off. Nobody needs to be listening to another trump sycophant, so take your stupid comments elsewhere. There’s another thread on this page claiming dji banned, but you came here for trouble, you don’t fly drones your just a trouble making ignorant idiot sad but true. Fourth time sling your hook ......

hallmark007 - "But I’ve now told you 3 times to clear off."
hallmakr007 - "you don’t fly drones your just a trouble making ignorant idiot sad but true"

You sure think highly of yourself.  As if you authority over DJI Forum and it's members.

Hate to blow your feeble mind, but was out flying my drone a few days ago.  Before the weather turned to bad to fly.  Actually using my MPp for real purpose, looking to verify a trail cut through woods was heading in correct direction.  Very difficult to do with handheld GPS under thick canapoy of trees.

Actually came here to make sure others knew the truth about what US did and why, along with Countering Blowing Smoke you were promoting about US banning DJI sales in U.S.

Again, have a Happy 2021!   
2021-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-3 14:56
Realize living on a Tiny island off the Coast of U.K. you have poor communications with outside world, but President Trump did not create Wuhan Flu.  No doubt, do to being so isolated, you missed Operation Warp Speed, which has brought to World three vaccines to lessen chances and impact of getting CV.

Unlike the Fake News you do get, President Trump plays very little golf.  Works very long hours, and has been donating his Presidential salary to worthy Charities every pay period.

President trump has just been on the news trying to cheat the American voters . He was pummeled trashed hammered By Joe Biden, He’s a cheat a fat lazy bastard a crook an impeached idiot and 90% of the world believes exactly the same thing. Go listen to your baby trying to cheat his own words.

There is no such thing as the wuhan flu, thats something that ignorant idiots like you made up, but apart from trumpers 98% of the world know it as Corona Virus Covid 19. But you’re a racist and an idiot and i expect nothing less of a Qanon idiot.
Now for the fifth time RACIST tell you just Go away and bother someone else. This is a drone forum. No room around here for Qanon Conspiracies from RACISTS around here. You might just owe the thousands of people from wuhan who lost loved ones through Covid 19 an apology, you IGNORANT RACIST IDIOT...  

2021-1-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

trump
2021-1-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow. I figured this thread would stir up some emotions but man. Like Trump or not, like Biden or not, it's the hand we were dealt and we have to deal with it. I think we would be better suited and enjoy a little lower blood pressure if we stuck to talking about drones and quit being like monkey's flinging poo at each other. I know, I know that's what a thread like this does and it's good to talk about how we see things, but we should at least make an effort to keep it civil.
2021-1-4
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 1-4 06:59
Wow. I figured this thread would stir up some emotions but man. Like Trump or not, like Biden or not, it's the hand we were dealt and we have to deal with it. I think we would be better suited and enjoy a little lower blood pressure if we stuck to talking about drones and quit being like monkey's flinging poo at each other. I know, I know that's what a thread like this does and it's good to talk about how we see things, but we should at least make an effort to keep it civil.

There really is no way to win this type of thread.

To start, a good portion of the information is just not correct.

If you support politician A you anger supporters of politician B
If you support politician B you anger supporters of politician A

Either way you loose.  

2021-1-4
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

I came across this article it is in French but Google will translate it into English

www.01net.com/actualites/la-nouvelle-reglementation-americaine-sur-les-drones-civils-une-menace-pour-la-vie-privee-2026741.html/amp/
2021-1-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lisa3 AKA Karen Posted at 1-4 08:05
There really is no way to win this type of thread.

To start, a good portion of the information is just not correct.

I agree totally. Either way. I'd rather focus my energy on something more positive personally.
2021-1-4
Use props
ZigZagz
lvl.1
United States

I didn't want either in office lol  , like he said "its the hand we were dealt , I just want to fly and get away !!! That's all.
2021-1-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules