Extra weight affecting flight quality
619 1 2020-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bublomir
New

Czechia

Hi all,

I live in Europe, and from 1.1.2021 there will be new legislative on drone flying. There will be mandatory live online identification of the aircraft so others will be able to track them during flight. Something similiar to big aircraft.

My Mavic Pro doesn't have this feature, but there is a company that is creating a small ID box that could be attached to the drone itself, so it will comply with the regulations. It's called Dronetag. The weight of the box should be around 30 grams, and i'm wondering if it will affect flight quality in some significant way, or if i won't see the difference.

Have you been flying Mavic Pros with some extra weight? How did it affect the flight?

2020-12-18
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

30 grams (including the battery correct?) should not be an issue. But you will have to be careful about the placement on the AC.
I'm guessing, somewhere on the top, but you have to be careful not to block the GPS receiver in the back, and one of your compasses in the front.
Just check all your gps sats, and compass readings to verify the placement before going of into the air...

As to the flight, well, you might notice a few minutes shaved off you max. flight time, due the extra weight of the beacon.
2020-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules