OM4 Clamp + iPhone 12
9702 8 2020-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
road2ruin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thought I’d start another thread seeing as DJI have stopped responding anywhere else. My OM4 has been in a cupboard since an upgrade to the iPhone 12 and it appears will be there fir quite some time.

I find it truly pathetic that a company so ingrained with Apple could have released a product that, physically, is so incompatible with the OM4. Yes, it can be used without a case and some of the very slimmest cases however anyone with a MagSafe case (for example) is left with a useless product unless you are either filming the most gentle activity or you are happy to risk a £1,000 phone hitting the deck.

There is no response from DJI support now bar the occasional generic response that comments have been passed to their tech people. I would be happy to purchase a magnetic clamp that fits the iPhone 12 so not asking for a freebie however the lack of response from DJI is just useless.
2020-12-18
Use props
road2ruin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had it confirmed on Twitter by DJI Support, the iPhone 12 is now compatible with the OM4 however only without a case.

There are NO plans to release a revised magnetic clamp for those who use a case or to have any sort of MagSafe system. Essentially for anyone who wants to use an iPhone 12 with a case then the OM4 is not for you.
2020-12-19
Use props
capmax
lvl.1
France

road2ruin Posted at 12-19 05:49
Had it confirmed on Twitter by DJI Support, the iPhone 12 is now compatible with the OM4 however only without a case.

There are NO plans to release a revised magnetic clamp for those who use a case or to have any sort of MagSafe system. Essentially for anyone who wants to use an iPhone 12 with a case then the OM4 is not for you.

Good news, just waiting for mine.

I don’t find this information on Twitter

Is mimo app fully compatible too ?
2020-12-20
Use props
42deluxe
lvl.2
Germany

road2ruin Posted at 12-19 05:49
Had it confirmed on Twitter by DJI Support, the iPhone 12 is now compatible with the OM4 however only without a case.

Very poor performance. This is ridiculous.
2020-12-25
Use props
Sir Oliver
lvl.1
Slovenia

Hi,
You can find a kind a solution here: https://shop.startrc.com/collections/dji-osmo-mobile/products/stmaker-osmo-mobile-4-extension-phone-holder-phone-clamp-for-dji-om4-osmo-mobile-4-accessories

On ebay/aliexpres is around 6 euros.
2020-12-31
Use props
LJinATL
lvl.2
United States

Sir Oliver Posted at 12-31 04:25
Hi,
You can find a kind a solution here: https://shop.startrc.com/collections/dji-osmo-mobile/products/stmaker-osmo-mobile-4-extension-phone-holder-phone-clamp-for-dji-om4-osmo-mobile-4-accessories

That looks great, but I wonder if the 14g of additional weight would be a problem.  
2020-12-31
Use props
PhotoJourno
lvl.1

United States

Pretty embarrassing that I haven't had the OM 4 for a month yet, and I am already looking at buying another gimbal to accomodate the iPhone 12 Pro.

My main question is regarding the use of the magnetic clamp as an idea. It sure was "revolutionary" enough. But if you stick the magnet on the back of the phone, then it won't charge via magsafe or wirelessly.
And with the clamp, it does not hold well the "Box" design of the iPhone, case or not. Why the narrow mindedness? A magnetic/removable clamp solution would surely mean that more devices and adapters would be compatible, and one would expect this to grow in future generations.

I'm at a loss for words. I had DJI on a pedestal until just now. They're no better than Moza, and all the other brands they claim to outperform.

I might give these a try: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P9G4D2D/ref=ewc_pr_img_2?smid=A361XLRXBSDG5B&psc=1

(They seem to come from overseas, so I am not sure of the quality, or reliability of them, though they appear to be a suitable solution. Why couldn't DJI come up with their own version of this? No one knows).

Cheers, hope 2021 will flush the crap companies out and improve the good ones.
DJIOM4CLAMP.png
2020-12-31
Use props
Sir Oliver
lvl.1
Slovenia

PhotoJourno Posted at 2020-12-31 11:43
Pretty embarrassing that I haven't had the OM 4 for a month yet, and I am already looking at buying another gimbal to accomodate the iPhone 12 Pro.

My main question is regarding the use of the magnetic clamp as an idea. It sure was "revolutionary" enough. But if you stick the magnet on the back of the phone, then it won't charge via magsafe or wirelessly.

I received mine yesterday and I can confirm that it does not work with iPhone 12 Pro Max, not even with the very slim case . Max is way to big, although idea is really good, especially how installation on the  clamp is done (but, with some modifications it would probably work)
2021-1-13
Use props
djiuser_rVRrFFIPqlTN
New

Malaysia

I buy today I use iPhone 12 Pro Max it’s working
2021-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules