Raveneye camera blank screen after correct connection cables
7817 28 2020-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

EDIT: Due to finding a cord error above now all works EXCEPT that the camera display screen is still Black... Anyone have problems with this?

Hi all,So I am a new gimbal user and I got the combo pack for rsc2.  I currently use Canon EOS 77D which is stated to be compatible with rsc2 (entire reason why I got it). Cords are connected as such:
HDMI C from Raveneye to HDMI C camera port
UBC C from Raveneye to USB C RSC2
USB C from RSC2 to MINI USB camera port

I have no problems with just RSC2 and camera but once I activate Raveneye it has various problems:
1) Camera Display screen becomes black (Phone will have been connected and display still works here)
2) Drawing the active track box works BUT it doesn't actually doesn't follow the subject when the subject moves around
3) Force mobile does not work at all (the option to activate it is completely greyed out)
4) Joystick does not work at all (again, option to activate is greyed out)

Any help greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Due to finding a cord error above now all works EXCEPT that the camera display screen is still Black... Anyone have problems with this?
black screen on canon but screen works on phone.jpg
Active track not working properly as gimbal doesn't move with subject..jpg
Force mobile greyed out and doesn't work.jpg
Joystick greyed out and doesn't work.jpg
2020-12-19
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

So bought this thing...doesn't work properly...no support no response...am I supposed to return it then? Cause it's a new item and this is kind of ridiculous....there's no real other way to get a response and it's not working as intended...
2020-12-21
Use props
jamieleepayne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mines exactly the same
2020-12-22
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

What setup do you have? I'm thinking if it could be if I connected the cords incorrectly but I tried all the different plugs...
2020-12-22
Use props
Tsanasahan
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

The same thing happened to me. I think it's worth recording a real review of this device.  Raveneye uses up the battery a lot. Turning it off, it's a nightmare.
2020-12-23
Use props
fans7bd3ffe0
New
Canada

I have the exact same issues, weird because I am able to activate force mobile & joystick when i'm not connected to Raveneye.
2020-12-23
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

fans7bd3ffe0 Posted at 12-23 16:33
I have the exact same issues, weird because I am able to activate force mobile & joystick when i'm not connected to Raveneye.
YES! It is weird... joystick and force mobile work when only directly connected to rsc2...
2020-12-23
Use props
fans7bd3ffe0
New
Canada

CloudGSKA Posted at 12-23 18:52
YES! It is weird... joystick and force mobile work when only directly connected to rsc2...

Hmmmm, i'm at a loss for things to try.  When I'm connected to the gimbal through Bluetooth, everything seems to work fine.  But there's something preventing the same through Raveneye's wifi..... I notice that Raveneye's wifi on my phone says its not connected to the internet.  I wonder if it's possible to connect Raveneye's wifi to my home's wireless.  Could that be the issue?  Other thing I was thinking was possibly the sequence of when i'm turning on the camera, gimbal, Raveneye, and activating the Ronin App.... Other than that, i'm pretty sure all my cords are connected properly.  Any other findings/thoughts?
2020-12-24
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

2020-12-24
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

fans7bd3ffe0 Posted at 12-24 08:54
Hmmmm, i'm at a loss for things to try.  When I'm connected to the gimbal through Bluetooth, everything seems to work fine.  But there's something preventing the same through Raveneye's wifi..... I notice that Raveneye's wifi on my phone says its not connected to the internet.  I wonder if it's possible to connect Raveneye's wifi to my home's wireless.  Could that be the issue?  Other thing I was thinking was possibly the sequence of when i'm turning on the camera, gimbal, Raveneye, and activating the Ronin App.... Other than that, i'm pretty sure all my cords are connected properly.  Any other findings/thoughts?

Well when you connect to Raveneye, it’s not internet so yes it’s not connected to the internet...I think it’s more of a programming/firmware thing because force mobile/joystick work while connected to rsc2 but not when connected to the raveneye... so I think it’s not the cords being plugged in improperly
2020-12-24
Use props
obadakattan
New
Germany

Same issue here
I did everything I could but nothing changed!
2020-12-25
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

RSC2 LAUGHABLE Customer Service...

So I just bought the BRAND NEW RSC2 combo pack.  Comes with Raveneye (THEIR NEW TECHNOLOGY) which is supposed to track the subject....Installed everything (with limited instructions from the box mind you). NOW to find that the item doesn't work even though it is stated to be compatible with my camera.

It is ok...I have to find the solution...fast forward I post on forums and DIRECTLY PM devs NO ONE RESPONDS...WHY? This is a BRAND NEW PRODUCT THAT IS COMPATIBLE... but it doesn't work?  I can't believe a company that charges for such expensive products has such crappy customer service....

2020-12-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, we are sorry for bringing any unsatisfied experience to you. Could you please check the app version and the firmware updates are the latest one?
At the same time we will send your case to our engineers for the reference and keep you updated.

Thanks
2020-12-27
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-27 07:10
Hello, we are sorry for bringing any unsatisfied experience to you. Could you please check the app version and the firmware updates are the latest one?
At the same time we will send your case to our engineers for the reference and keep you updated.

App Version: 1.4.4 (1441)
Firmware Version: 01.01.00.10
GCU: 0.2
IMU: 0.2
Bluetooth: 1.1
Another thing I found is that on the RSC2 itself...when I turn on the gimbal or get it off sleep mode "camera control cable connected"  But when I look at my phone app with the checklist, it marks the camera control cable with an orange exclaimation mark and says "Gimbal not connected" at the top.  Not sure if this helps.

This is very upsetting because I planned on doing a great shoot with RSC2 and previously I didn't purchase RC2 for a long time only because it was not compatible... but this time it is very disappointing...It is stated as compatible but doesn't work.  Now I'm stuck with a bunch of plans that cannot be done since it relies on active track.
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

CloudGSKA Posted at 12-27 11:28
App Version: 1.4.4 (1441)
Firmware Version: 01.01.00.10
GCU: 0.2

Hello there, did you switch on the camera before turning on the gimbal?
Our engineers suggest you to retry by turning on the gimbal first, then turn on the Canon 77D. Please do not turn your camera on before the gimbal, let us know if this solution works on your case.

Cheers
2020-12-28
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please post some pictures of your setup.

It should be.

HDMI from camera to RavenEye
Camera USB from Camera to LH port on gimbal
RavenEye USB from the port on the back in the middle, opposite end to the HDMI to the RH port on the ronin.  
2020-12-28
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-28 01:35
Hello there, did you switch on the camera before turning on the gimbal?
Our engineers suggest you to retry by turning on the gimbal first, then turn on the Canon 77D. Please do not turn your camera on before the gimbal, let us know if this solution works on your case.

I tried all these variations and nothing worked:

1) Turned on phone-> connected to Raveneye-> Turned on RSC2 -> Turned on Camera
2) Turned on RSC2-> Turned on phone-> Connected to Raveneye->Turned on Camera
3) Turned on Raveneye-> Turned on RSC2-> Turned on Phone and connected phone to Raveneye-> Turned on Camera
4) Turned on Camera-> Turned on RSC2->Turned on Raveneye ->Turned on phone and connected to Raveneye
2020-12-28
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 12-28 02:07
Please post some pictures of your setup.

It should be.

As far as I can tell this is connected how you described it.

Thanks!
2020-12-28
Use props
lkanowski
New

Australia

you've got the power in the wrong slot. Connect the gimbal USB C to USB C to the rear of the Raven. For my Sony A7C, switching to manual brought my screen back from black
2020-12-29
Use props
lkanowski
New

Australia

You've got the USB c to USB c power cable in the wrong slot of the raven. The power is to the rear
2020-12-29
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

lkanowski Posted at 12-29 23:10
You've got the USB c to USB c power cable in the wrong slot of the raven. The power is to the rear

Omg lol you solved partial of the problem! So my active track/joystick and Force mobile work now....but the issue is still the black screen on the camera....also I noticed that active track is a little bit jerky...is there a way to adjust the speed?
2020-12-30
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

bump for the edit problem of black camera screen
2021-1-8
Use props
FuegoImages
lvl.1

United States

CloudGSKA Posted at 1-8 00:38
bump for the edit problem of black camera screen

Is there a fix for the blank camera screen?
2021-1-12
Use props
FuegoImages
lvl.1

United States

I am where you are in this process. I have a blank camera screen too with the Sony A7riii.
2021-1-12
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

Anyone find out this solution??
2021-1-20
Use props
MEMYSELFANDI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 444921 ft
  • >>>
Italy

FuegoImages Posted at 1-12 12:14
Is there a fix for the blank camera screen?

Hello same problem and raveneye  isn’t charging
2021-2-3
Use props
breastfed
lvl.1
Germany

Black Screen on the Camera:
With Video Mode Active, you go into the HDMI Settings for your EOS and then select the last Option "Camera and Monitor" - et voila.
Just found that on my 5d.
2021-2-5
Use props
CloudGSKA
lvl.1
Canada

breastfed Posted at 2-5 13:09
Black Screen on the Camera:
With Video Mode Active, you go into the HDMI Settings for your EOS and then select the last Option "Camera and Monitor" - et voila.
Just found that on my 5d.

I have the 77D. Unfortunately do not have that function...
2021-2-5
Use props
airflow
lvl.2
Austria

Guys! If you are having problems with your camera's monitor turning black when using with raven-eye, you have to check the limitations of your camera.

I don't use Canon any more, but two posts above you can read the solution for Canon cams.

If you use Sony, refer to this thread.
or check this document from Sony.
Basically this is not so easy depending on the gear you use. In case of Sony, notice that

behaviour of HDMI-output changes...
* whether you have a stillshot or movie mode selected (ONLY works in video-mode!)
* depending on what video-mode you have selected
* depending on what extra features (--> generate proxy videos) are enabled.

Detailled explanation for Sony's is in this link: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00120915
2021-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules