18570 16 2020-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dazenoflight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98789 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I power on the RS2 and the motors do not engage.  Turning it off and back on doesn't help.  The only method of getting the RS2 to work properly again is to detach the unit from the battery grip and remove the phone holder attachment.  Unplug Raveneye from the C port, wait 5 minutes, and then it starts back up with motors engaged.   The unit had been properly balanced for a Sony A7RIII.  The Raveneye works fine.   Battery fully charged.  No rhyme or reason to when or why it happens.  50/50 chance that it will work
The only error I've ever received is code 1010.  Not sure if it's related to motors malfunctioning.  DJI Support sent me the most common reasons for Error 1010:

1.The joint angle is not linearized properly.
2.The gimbal autotune may have been interfered with.
3.The ESC is defective.
4.The gimbal is not balanced.
5.The gimbal is not in its proper initial position when powered on.

I checked all 5 reasons and the only one that might be possible is #3 The ESC is defective.

Also, when the gimbal is powered off, there is friction when I manually spin the gimbal on the pan axis.  On my Ronin S, the pan movement spins freely without impedance of any kind.  Wondering if I have a defective device?   

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2020-12-19
Use props
fans3f8be05b
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the same problem!
2020-12-22
Use props
Justin Pokee Essink
New

United States

I am also having this problem after updating all firmware
2021-2-23
Use props
AdvUser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 490932 ft
  • >>>
Russia

After latest firmware update (possibly just a coincidence) I have the same issue. After gimbal turned on - motors remain as if in sleep mode and I hear no initialization sound. Also it seems that gimbal do not reply to most commands from software or buttons. For eg changing mode shows M1, M2 and M3 on screen but old icon remains. Same way any changes in software return to previous state in a second. I was able to turn gimbal on successfuly only two times of few dozens. And it worked flawless but after turning of  and on again motors didn't work again.
2021-2-26
Use props
djiuser_sypAj2SihUsa
lvl.1

United States

Just had this same issue happen to me. Was able to fix it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery almost a dozen times
2021-3-8
Use props
Crewtv
New
Sweden

i’m here because of the same problem. I was out on a movie shoot and had to remove the battery 5;times to get it working. What’s the deal?
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_GutqiNbXy2M0
lvl.1

United States

AdvUser Posted at 2-26 09:29
After latest firmware update (possibly just a coincidence) I have the same issue. After gimbal turned on - motors remain as if in sleep mode and I hear no initialization sound. Also it seems that gimbal do not reply to most commands from software or buttons. For eg changing mode shows M1, M2 and M3 on screen but old icon remains. Same way any changes in software return to previous state in a second. I was able to turn gimbal on successfuly only two times of few dozens. And it worked flawless but after turning of  and on again motors didn't work again.

Same for me can’t put my finger on what’s the problem. Got mine last Wednesday
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_GutqiNbXy2M0
lvl.1

United States

Same happen to me I was getting 1010 & 1014 I contacted DJI they wanted to do a replacement for me. I knew something wasn’t right
2021-3-25
Use props
OTCIndustries
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30886 ft
United States

Having a very similar issue with the motors just not responding. I also have the M1 icon and a red icon that looks kinda like the gimbal tipped. I tried to reset it and now I cant even get the firmware to reinstall. anyone have any ideas.
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_KM7TjJtN407o
New
Flight distance : 98858 ft
Belgium

Got the same problem bought it 4 days ago, did the firmware updates and know it only starts for the first time after that i need to disconnect the battery to turn it on again..
2021-5-7
Use props
Saxk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114426 ft
Germany

Did anyone find a solution for this, i have the same problem on my brand new RS2.
2021-6-3
Use props
AdvUser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 490932 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Well, I'm not sure this is all-around sollution but for me this works at least for now. I downgraded to one of previous firmware versions - 1.02.00.30. And since then dont have the issue.
To downgrade connect to gimbal with the phone app, enter "About" menu (three horizontal stripes in the top left), then push "Firmware" and wait for current version to appear. Then hold the "Firmware Version" for 10 seconds. And you will see previous versions of firmware with the possibility to downgrade (there also can be beta version). Of course I'm not responsible for any possible issues try it at your own risk.

I'm totally disappointed with DJI support and warranty. During communication with DJI support I wrote them that it seems problem started after firmware update. And they even didn't tell me about the possibility to downgrade for test. This info they recently posted on ther facebook page to attract users to test beta firmware.
Their only sollution for me was to sent them gimbal for warranty diagnosis. I purchase my gimbal in other country during business trip. DJI doesn't have official service center in my country only local dealers have their own warranty and don't accept ones not purchased from them. And funniest thing I have DJI warranty they start the warranty  case but only thing I can do - send them gimbal to China... and they can't send it back due to customs reasons!!! They asked me to find someone in Hong Kong to resend it to me but I have noone.
2021-6-22
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

AdvUser Posted at 6-22 01:39
Well, I'm not sure this is all-around sollution but for me this works at least for now. I downgraded to one of previous firmware versions - 1.02.00.30. And since then dont have the issue.
To downgrade connect to gimbal with the phone app, enter "About" menu (three horizontal stripes in the top left), then push "Firmware" and wait for current version to appear. Then hold the "Firmware Version" for 10 seconds. And you will see previous versions of firmware with the possibility to downgrade (there also can be beta version). Of course I'm not responsible for any possible issues try it at your own risk.

Thanks for  your response!  Just started up my gimbal tonight and the motors won't start.  Tried downgrading firmware but cannot downgrade or upgrade.  
2021-9-12
Use props
RWBrooks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33665 ft
United Kingdom

I found that if the cables to the camera and raven eye are connected the motors don’t initialize.
If the unit is turned on without cables plugged in, everything works fine and plugging the cables in at that point seems to be fine with all functions working.
2022-2-9
Use props
djiuser_Tsw0ewj2CFWJ
New

Mozambique

RWBrooks Posted at 2-9 06:16
I found that if the cables to the camera and raven eye are connected the motors don’t initialize.
If the unit is turned on without cables plugged in, everything works fine and plugging the cables in at that point seems to be fine with all functions working.

what is crow eyes?
2022-9-29
Use props
gplouf
New

Belgium

Same issue but indeed, it's fixed if you unplug the raveneye before to swtich on the RSC2 OR you car also switch of the Raveneye before to switch on the rsc2
2022-9-30
Use props
Dred Lion
New

France

Hi,
for those who still looking for a solution. This happened to me after powering on the rs3 pro without for once the raven eye. After struggling for 2 days trying in vain with different methods, it finally work back normally when i reconnect the raven eye (hdmi +usb c to the very bottom of the 3 slots on the gimbal). Now it works as it should, autolock, motors  but i'm still stress all the time in case it happens again during shoot as the rs3 pro is the workhorse of my work so i'm gonna have to get an other one as a back up
2023-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules